Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not that. That is the stance Acme is taking overall with their prints. So. . . If he will not attend is safe to say they will not be hand signed.

Anyone in attendance will sign.

Maybe not for celebration. I know some years the artists had there own prints printed where they want, they were not printed by Acme. Normal ACME releases are printed by them.

It's not that. That is the stance Acme is taking overall with their prints. So. . . If he will not attend is safe to say they will not be hand signed.

Anyone in attendance will sign.
That was my point though. I have never seen an artist from artist alley NOT attend before. Thus, they were all hand-signed. Alex Ross is the first artist I'm aware of that has a print, but won't be there. Has that happened in the past? If so, I didn't know about it...

Maybe not for celebration. I know some years the artists had there own prints printed where they want, they were not printed by Acme. Normal ACME releases are printed by them.
That is what I always thought as well. I remember Celebration prints coming in varying sizes and paper because they had their own prints made. Perhaps not all of the artists, but I know several did this...

That is what I always thought as well. I remember Celebration prints coming in varying sizes and paper because they had their own prints made. Perhaps not all of the artists, but I know several did this...
Not to mention types of paper.

I'm down for about 3-4 of those prints, but like you guys I won't be destroyed if I'm unable to grab them. No absolutely must-haves, which is actually a blessing. :lol I'll be so damn busy during the entire show (I'm on official Staff now, and also managing all the Droid Builders displays and activities) that I'd have to make special arrangements to get those prints. Because I know how chaotic the Art Show usually is. :panic:

If you find me during the show, I will have some nifty swag on hand, including the following silly-fun print (only 77 being made):

10934016_881889275183952_5878499872984649919_n.jpg

I'm down for about 3-4 of those prints, but like you guys I won't be destroyed if I'm unable to grab them. No absolutely must-haves, which is actually a blessing. :lol I'll be so damn busy during the entire show (I'm on official Staff now, and also managing all the Droid Builders displays and activities) that I'd have to make special arrangements to get those prints. Because I know how chaotic the Art Show usually is. :panic:

If you find me during the show, I will have some nifty swag on hand, including the following silly-fun print (only 77 being made):

10934016_881889275183952_5878499872984649919_n.jpg
:panic::panic::panic:

:lol No worries. Imma set aside a few for my fellow Cantina Freaks. :duff
:hi5: I hope you can make our evening get-together! I'm looking forward to meeting those I haven't met yet. But not looking forward to seeing many of those I've already met... :monkey3

The artists have to pay for the making of the prints themselves. As such, they can chose whomever they want for printing. ACME does extend an offer to do it, but the artist would pay them as they would any other printer. Either way the prints will be in the artist's hands and the auto pen ruled out. I'm sure if the artist would request the auto pen from ACME for the Celebration prints, there would be an additional fee for a (IMO) less special print.
Alex will probably have his own booth and probably had the prints made with whomever he likes. I have no idea about his signature. Shame he won't be there for people that do want his print.

Hah! My wife is bringing her R2 to Anaheim! Alas, it won't be quite ready yet (damned steel feet run...) But she's still bringing it.

Hah! My wife is bringing her R2 to Anaheim! Alas, it won't be quite ready yet (damned steel feet run...) But she's still bringing it.

Is her name either Carol or Maddy? If so, she's on my list. If not... make sure she posts in the official thread on the Astromech site so she can get on my list. ;) We're getting pretty close to droid capacity in the Droid Builders room now.

Actually, from looking at the R2 pic you posted in the R2 1/6 figure thread I'm pretty sure she's Carol. If so, she's all set... and I even have her info to make a sign to display with her droid. :)

Back