Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roy's is pretty expensive. Probably not the best pick for this group of cheap bastards (and no, I'm not including myself--when I'm on vacation, I don't care about prices--I paid like $20 for a friggin pancake in Orlando!)... But the Garden Walk offers other possibilities... I would never say no to the Cheesecake Factory, but I sense they won't have the seating for a big group. My local one definitely does not...

I also don't recommend the one a mile away. We should keep it walking distance, so people can come and go when they want, without having to worry about getting a ride...

Roys just showed up in the title, I was trying to show all the options at Garden Walk. That Cheesecake Factory is good sized. I have met some friends there before and they had a group of probably at least 20.

Also if the convention has buses to an from hotels there are a number of hotels right next to it. I am not trying to say its the best option I just know they are well suited to handle a larger party. It may not even be a mile depending on where the enterance and exit to the convention really is. I haven't been there since HS.

But Roys does look like something I would try. Maybe another night.

This place looks cool !

https://www.fire-ice.com/

Is the Hilton Restaurant any good ?

We did a Hotel Restaurant in Orlando. I wasn;t impressed personally. I didn't bother eating.

This place looks cool !

We did a Hotel Restaurant in Orlando. I wasn;t impressed personally. I didn't bother eating.

I've been to the one in Boston. Really good food. A bit pricey. Unique atmosphere.

So, it there anyone else not listed below that is interested in joining the Freaks Celebration gathering?

Bueller.gif

Stormy
GrueSam
zoomaround
KenBen
JJJ
Falcon
Waller
Shalimar +1
mfogo
Avfin
UT
Shadow 5
Eli
MadCow
FLOSI +1
galactiboy
themlgcjay
swabie
punk
King +1
Darth Vader
Boba Ben +1
Darklord Dave

Let me know if I added you in error and who else needs to be added.

You didn't add me! :(

So, it there anyone else not listed below that is interested in joining the Freaks Celebration gathering?

Bueller.gif

Stormy
GrueSam
zoomaround
KenBen
JJJ
Falcon
Waller
Shalimar +1
mfogo
Avfin
UT
Shadow 5
Eli
MadCow
FLOSI +1
galactiboy
themlgcjay
swabie
punk
King +1
Darth Vader
Boba Ben +1
Darklord Dave
agen_kolar

Let me know if I added you in error and who else needs to be added.

You guys tell me whete to go and I go
I am the terminator
And you guys are john conner
I will obey your orders

This place looks cool !

I have never ate at a bad or even so so Roys. Roys is very good but spendy.

I have never been to the Hilton Restaurant. I can say that from past experience they can be hit to miss.

I would say anything at Anahiem Garden walk should be good to great food. I would personally prefer not to go to CPK or Bubba Gump. They are most chain type restaurants so there is kind of built in level.

If there is a preference let me know.

This place looks cool !

Fire-ice sounds cool to me... Are ANY hotel restaurants good? It's all about convenience and location... We're going for the socializing, not food critiquing...

Hmm... Droid Builders thing is that night, too. Maybe be able to squeeze Freaks one in before, though. :p
That sucks. Our shindig is starting kinda late, too... 8pm or 8:30 (I don't think we decided that yet)...

You guys tell me whete to go and I go
I am the terminator
And you guys are john conner
I will obey your orders
Wait, doesn't that mean we're trying to kill each other? Not sure specifically which Terminator you're talking about...

I have never ate at a bad or even so so Roys. Roys is very good but spendy.

I have never been to the Hilton Restaurant. I can say that from past experience they can be hit to miss.

I would say anything at Anahiem Garden walk should be good to great food. I would personally prefer not to go to CPK or Bubba Gump. They are most chain type restaurants so there is kind of built in level.

If there is a preference let me know.
I've never been to Bubba Gump... I may have to hit that eventually... How much approx. does Fire-Ice cost? That sounds good to me, unless too much... You can't go wrong with a Mongolian Grill... Unless you're in Mongolia, and you're ON the grill...

I've never been to Bubba Gump... I may have to hit that eventually... How much approx. does Fire-Ice cost? That sounds good to me, unless too much... You can't go wrong with a Mongolian Grill... Unless you're in Mongolia, and you're ON the grill...
Price says $30 and under on open table.
Bubba Gump in Chicago blew chunks. Friggin tourist trap. No way I would recommend that place.

Yeah is meh. The food can be ok but I hate that it always just feels greasy in there since EVERYTHING is fried.

Back