Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Celebration VII - Anaheim, April 16-19, 2015 - Confirmed!

It's been about 20 years since I've been to the Anaheim Convention Center. But I gotta say... that area looks pretty darn congested to me. I might be the only person who thinks being across the street from Disneyland is too close for comfort. One of the best things about the Celebrations in Orlando was how laid back they were from a crowd perspective. Even though they were HUGE cons, you never felt the over-crowding, lines, etc that are prevalent at shows like SDCC and places like, well... the Disney parks. I have a feeling this show is going to be a line and queue fest for most people.

And if SWC7 is sharing the convention center space with another event... oy.

Yeah, this celebration seems like a headache waiting to happen. :lol

It will be the Hilton or the Marriott for me, but why do I get the feeling everyone will be scattered all over Anaheim? :lol

We can make this work! How about we do a block inquiry with them both, as we have plenty of freaks coming. I read that the 501st was already working in theirs. I know they're huge, but we can still inquire...

Rental house with a pool? Yes please.

The streets will flow with beer!!

We would need the pool to get all of the freaks and their partners clean everyday. Won't be enough showers and time for everyone if we all crowded into one house.

:rotfl

We can make this work! How about we do a block inquiry with them both, as we have plenty of freaks coming. I read that the 501st was already working in theirs. I know they're huge, but we can still inquire...

If only we had someone on the inside... :monkey3

And the pool at a rental house must be clothing-optional! :lecture

Most houses have at least two full baths.

The Hilton or Anabelle look the closest based on Google street view.

Yeah, I was checking out that Anabelle. It would be a close walk to the Park.

A rented house wouldn't be too bad. I want something in walking distance though. :pray::lol

Walking distance is nice because you don't have to worry about parking or traffic or any of that.

I checked Hilton rates for April 2014 to get an idea for that time of the year and they're about $189 a night for 2 double beds.

that's not too bad. did they have prices for the suite? (if you still have the pricing up - otherwise i can check a little later)

Studio suites with 2 double beds are $279 a night.

Furnished with two queen beds, our studio suites offer an extra large multifunctional room which serves as a living room, dining room, and bedroom all in one. Studios are ideal for executives or families looking for some extra space. Each studio measures more than 620 square feet, the equivalent of two of our standard guestrooms. They include a sofa, and a wet bar with refrigerator. Floor-to-ceiling picture windows allow commanding views of either the Disneyland Resort, the pool, sundecks or the surrounding area. Studio Suites can also connect to standard guest rooms offering even more flexibility based on individual needs. Each suite offers luxurious Hilton Serenity Beds, 37" flat-panel HD LCD television, Hilton Alarm Clock Radio with MP3 connection, adjustable work desk with ergonomic chair, digital panel, two-line phones with voicemail, Cuisinart coffeemaker, iron, ironing board, and a hair dryer.

Bolded parts. :rock

I checked Hilton rates for April 2014 to get an idea for that time of the year and they're about $189 a night for 2 double beds.
That's pretty good, actually. I wonder if the Convention rate would be even cheaper than that.

Looking forward to sleeping with my freak friends

:clap:clap:clap
YES! That's what I'm talking about!!!

So it sounds like 6 people per 3-room block, right?

$189 seems pretty reasonable indeed. Katrin and I would be down for sharing again.

Back