Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very curious how you will paint that chris! Love your figs

Best,

Robert

Man.....would love to get one of those. Looking forward to seeing the magic.

Wow - Enaud does power droids?:clap

Thanks guys. I am looking forward to painting this up and adding all the greeblies to it. I will probably go with the vintage Kenner paint scheme.

Talibane, he did a bunch of these a couple years ago. I am just now finally picking one up. Shoot him a message, not sure how many he has left.

Love your work bro as always! Really want that Weequay!!!!!!!
Thanks man. I appreciate it. :)

I am looking forward to upgrading my Rebel pilots with the new Sideshow jumpsuits...
2015-11-19 07.12.43.jpg

The Tomy helmets are a tad small, but I think I can make them work.

By the way, I love the new Red Five...
2015-11-18 15.50.15.jpg

Uh Chaka....I'm not sure how to break this to you. Perhaps you didn't get the memo. "Love" and this figure are not to be used in the same sentence. Please re-do your last comment, preferably with a jab at the price. I'll even let you say something about the eyes, or paint, or "new-ness" look of the suit, lack of weathering on the helmet, or lack of accessories.

**Bonus points if you say you'll put the HT head on him

A beautiful figure he is. Love the likeness with his helmet on. Its dead on if you ask me. Definitely worth it, and worth it to hear all the people bitching about it. haha

Luke looks so awesome with the helmet on.:clap

Interested to see more pics comparing him to your custom Hasbro X-Wing guys. The Tomy helmets now being small is a surprise - they always seemed pretty good scale-wise, but it makes sense when all the other Tomys are on the small side.

Also, it's obvious which is the better quality, but I'm interested which orange seems more accurate, the Hasbro or the SSC jumpsuit? I do like the Hasbro jumpsuit overall (hoping to use one for a Luke snowspeeder custom) but the SSC vs Hasbro oranges seem very different.

And does the SSC chestbox seem a bit small? I've noticed it in a few pics, but in others it seems perfectly okay. Mine isn't here until next week.

Uh Chaka....I'm not sure how to break this to you. Perhaps you didn't get the memo. "Love" and this figure are not to be used in the same sentence. Please re-do your last comment, preferably with a jab at the price. I'll even let you say something about the eyes, or paint, or "new-ness" look of the suit, lack of weathering on the helmet, or lack of accessories.

**Bonus points if you say you'll put the HT head on him

Yeah I know. :)

A beautiful figure he is. Love the likeness with his helmet on. Its dead on if you ask me. Definitely worth it, and worth it to hear all the people bitching about it. haha

I agree.

Luke looks so awesome with the helmet on.:clap

Interested to see more pics comparing him to your custom Hasbro X-Wing guys. The Tomy helmets now being small is a surprise - they always seemed pretty good scale-wise, but it makes sense when all the other Tomys are on the small side.

Also, it's obvious which is the better quality, but I'm interested which orange seems more accurate, the Hasbro or the SSC jumpsuit? I do like the Hasbro jumpsuit overall (hoping to use one for a Luke snowspeeder custom) but the SSC vs Hasbro oranges seem very different.

And does the SSC chestbox seem a bit small? I've noticed it in a few pics, but in others it seems perfectly okay. Mine isn't here until next week.

The Tomy helmets will work. I can't do any comparison pics because I scrapped all my custom Hasbro pilots. All I have is a box full of pilot gear from Hasbro. :) I will try to dig up some older pics I took.

As you mentioned, the Sideshow jumpsuit is obviously better. As far as the color goes, it's hard to say. I have quite a few of the Hasbro jumpsuits and they're all different shades of orange. The sideshow one is definitely brighter , maybe because it's new?

Not sure if the Sideshow chestbox is too small . It's smaller than the Hasbro one, but I think it looks pretty good.

Great looking X-Wing Luke mate well done indeed.

Ron

Thanks mate. I think its a great figure.

Waiting on some more parts, but starting my custom pilots. I am going to start with the Tomy helmets, but may pick up the Sideshow versions and repaint them.

Here is a comparison shot of the two helmets. Tomy is on the right.
2015-11-20 21.13.40.jpg

Red Squadron helmets...
2015-11-20 21.14.15.jpg

2015-11-20 21.02.59.jpg

Awesome update dude. How's the suit fit on other bodies?

Thanks man. I look forward to your update. :)

It fits a little snug around the shoulders, but it works. I have some knock off narrow-shoulders on the way from Asia , I will probably end up using those when they arrive.

Back