Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, brother! How many likes heads do I see back there? You working on multiple versions??
Thanks man. Most are just extras in case I screw one up. :) I do have a Ten and Nein Nunb painted up though.

Can't wait to see this unfold.

Cheers dude.

I was able to get the Luke head out of the hat(pain in the arse by the way) and get an alternate sculpt in place. I still need to make a few adjustments to it. I might even choose a different one.

2015-12-07 22.03.26.jpg

I was able to get the Luke head out of the hat(pain in the arse by the way) and get an alternate sculpt in place. I still need to make a few adjustments to it. I might even choose a different one.

View attachment 227808

That's part of the reason I went with the Han head for mine. I wasn't sure if the helmet came off and the Luke sculpt is too obvious.

Love your X-Wing pilots.

Thanks guys.

I am hoping to have these done before it snows. These will good great posed out in the elements.

I took the first hat completely apart so I could paint it to match the Hoth troopers colors.

2015-12-08 21.26.59.jpg

Before(left) and after(right).....

2015-12-08 21.26.26.jpg

When you take the next one apart take some pictures of what comes off. I might try mine because I noticed as well that it was more off white versus khaki.

What mix did you use on the paint? I might try to lighten the paint job on the Hasbro helmet first to get the mix right.

Luke has to be scalped to get his head out 3 times out of 4 in my experience. But it does leave a nice level surface to glue the replacement sculpt onto.

You are right Tyler, both mine had to be "scalped". :)

Here is mine with new sculpt, hat painted. I just need to reattached communicator to the side.

2015-12-09 19.30.12.jpg
2015-12-09 19.30.53.jpg

Got it. :D

I will probably adjust the color on the hats. I think I need to make it a little bit more of a cream color. I am going to wait until my jackets arrive though. I want to make sure the colors match.
Yeah its kind of hard finding accurate references because they all look a bit different in different scenes. I think I just put a heavy wash on mine to give them depth.

Back