Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. :)

I like to post pictures of my workbench every so often. It's fun to look back and see what I was working on at the time. Unfortunately some of the same figures have been sitting here for months unfinished. This is something I hope to remedy in the new year.

View attachment 229602

Great pic of your bench mate and I think we have all been there with figures sitting there not being touch, I think that is one reason I like customizing you can come back to when you are ready.

Ron

I like to post pictures of my workbench every so often. It's fun to look back and see what I was working on at the time. Unfortunately some of the same figures have been sitting here for months unfinished. This is something I hope to remedy in the new year.

View attachment 229602

Work area quoted for awesomeness....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprayed the backpacks....

2015-12-20 00.24.40.jpg

I got the first outfit jacket and skirt colored matched..

2015-12-20 00.25.49.jpg

Looks great. I painted my packs by hand with Vallejo white, then gave it a weathering this week with the Tamiya weathering set. Are you going to paint the frame silver because in some of the reference pictures you can clearly see the frame. They also had some type of antenna that wasn't part of the Endor pack.

Also where did you get the chest grenades?

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

Looks great. I painted my packs by hand with Vallejo white, then gave it a weathering this week with the Tamiya weathering set. Are you going to paint the frame silver because in some of the reference pictures you can clearly see the frame. They also had some type of antenna that wasn't part of the Endor pack.

Also where did you get the chest grenades?

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I got the chest grenades off the Endor soldier bandoliers.

Yes, I am going to paint the frame silver. I also am going to paint the details black and of course weather it. The white is just a basecoat. Yes, there will also be an antenna.

View attachment 229602

Awesome Chris, i wish i had your spare parts bin [emoji12]. I always have a great time visiting your thread.

Thanks Robert. :)

I got my HT Vader helmet, shoulder armor from Toy Anxiety today. Starting to put together my kitbashed ANH Vader...

2015-12-23 16.06.24.jpg
2015-12-23 16.05.40.jpg

Still some tweaks to do, but I am liking it so far. The helmet is beautiful.

Would love a run down on Darth and what pieces you are using. I have a hard time telling the differences with the Vader figures and what's screen accurate. The Sandtroopers I'm starting to get now finally.

-HT helmet
-HT shoulder armor
-HT inner robe
-Lforigno cape

The rest is SSC ANH Vader parts. Chestbox, belt, bodysuit and boots.

I need to do some more work on him still.

View attachment 229602

Very cool! What happened to the pilots?

View attachment 229602

WOW! Spectacular work indeed. Just wondering where did you buy all those clothes, figures, sculpts etc.. So many things you have :)

Good parts makes a difference. He looks good so far, Chris….curious to see what other adjustments you make.

Thanks Duane. :)

Very cool! What happened to the pilots?

Thanks. Nothing happened to the pilots, they are just WIPs. They are extra Luke X-Wing outfits. I am just needing to paint my extra helmets. Planning on making Biggs and Red Leader.

WOW! Spectacular work indeed. Just wondering where did you buy all those clothes, figures, sculpts etc.. So many things you have :)

I appreciate the kind words, thanks. :)

Where does all this stuff come from? Basically, just years of accumulating. Its amazing how fast the parts bins get filled up. My main resource being fellow board members. This community is great for helping each other out through commissions, trades or just giving for free. I have a lot of custom stuff I have made.

There is also Toy Anxiety. I pick up a lot of stuff from them.

I got some goodies from Duane today. He was kind enough to make me a couple vests for my ANH cantina Saurins. Thanks dude. :)

2015-12-28 15.54.39.jpg
2015-12-28 15.55.26.jpg

I also did a couple more mods on my custom ANH Vader...
2015-12-28 16.10.11.jpg

Man those vests turned out great! Hoping mine came in today as well. :D

Time to get back into customizing full swing.

You get yours?? :)

Just Awesome.

Ron

Cheers mate. :)

My Vader's boots are fine, I dont need the articulation. I am a museum poser anyways. I am happy spending around $100 upgrading this versus $300 for the HT version. Its not worth it in my opinion. It has flaws and extra features that I do not care about. The helmet is stunning though.

Back