Premium Format Christian Bale Batman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's actually the best part of the Freaks board we can all bring our opinions on something and still enjoy this hobby and have fun... Sometimes I see a new statue and say..damn that's total crap and 3 months later I love it and end up adding it to my collection...LOL!

It's actually the best part of the Freaks board we can all bring our opinions on something and still enjoy this hobby and have fun... Sometimes I see a new statue and say..damn that's total crap and 3 months later I love it and end up adding it to my collection...LOL!
Yea, who knows. In person it may not be as noticeable or the cape can hide the other leg.

Honestly, seeing this at SDCC, I never got an impression that the pose is awkward. He's on an angled base so maybe sightly off balance but nothing that struck me as out of the realm of possibility...not even close. And I'm not flaunting my expertise either, but I sculpt anatomy almost weekly at work having worked as a character artist in the video game industry for 10 years. Anatomy, proportion, and balance mean a lot to me and I just don't see much of an issue on this statue. Psyched to see this go up for PO:yess:

Even slightly off balance it not good in that situation though. Why have a fight stance pose when you can't fight from that stance?

Actually if you want to put in a real world fighting situation with his right leg that far back he could easily be circling to his left, if you wanted to make judgement on what he would actually be doing.

Even slightly off balance it not good in that situation though. Why have a fight stance pose when you can't fight from that stance?

Why do you think he can't fight from that stance? That's like saying a baseball player can't throw off balance...and yet they do all the time...successfully. I look at the pics and he's BARELY off balance so I find it silly someone would have that large of an issue with it. Then again, if it bothers ya, it bothers ya I suppose:dunno

Why do you think he can't fight from that stance? That's like saying a baseball player can't throw off balance...and yet they do all the time...successfully. I look at the pics and he's BARELY off balance so I find it silly someone would have that large of an issue with it. Then again, if it bothers ya, it bothers ya I suppose:dunno

Yea, it is just an irritant on an otherwise good piece. It serves no practical purpose for him to be like that vs a better looking stance is all I am saying. Sure he could fight from that position, but he is not getting any reach or power until he moves. Nothing like throwing a ball in the infield.

Yea, true he is Batman and he can do pretty much anything, but I would give more leeway to a comic version than the movie/real actor ones to pull off a pose like that and expect to do damage.

They are long foul balls IMO if we are using BB terms. Both of them look good at first glance, but the longer you look the more they veer off course.

Well, I think the Batman looks fantastic compared to their Joker. I wouldn't want that Joker if someone gave it to me, but I'll actually buy the Batman if it turns out looking like the proto shown in these pics.

Well, I think the Batman looks fantastic compared to their Joker. I wouldn't want that Joker if someone gave it to me, but I'll actually buy the Batman if it turns out looking like the proto shown in these pics.

Batman definitely has less issues than the Joker. Not sure what is going on with that one either.

Yup. Not much paint but black n the Bat. Don't think SS can mess this up

It was some cloth that could mimic shapes using an electric charge or something.

What SS used looks good. Much better than any of Hot Toys efforts.

Ok... makes sense. Yeah the cloth draped over looks good. Just wasnt sure about the movie accuracy. Thanks!

Memory cloth. Put an electrical current through it, molecoles re-align, become stable, forms any shape/skeleton you create. :wink1:

Yeah the pose is pretty good, I wonder if the cape will be better than Hot Toys trash?

It looks completely different to EBs IMO, what do you find is the same about it? :huh

I was talking about the outfit in that the Joker doesn't change one like Batman does. I don't need two of the same guy. With that said, I'm liking the PF more and more and might end up selling my Enterbay.

It's all the pics, even the original one in the shop. Just way too odd, he would never look like that. Knowing a little about physics and fight mechanics that pose is a joke, especially on what looks to be uneven ground.

Yea, it is just an irritant on an otherwise good piece. It serves no practical purpose for him to be like that vs a better looking stance is all I am saying. Sure he could fight from that position, but he is not getting any reach or power until he moves. Nothing like throwing a ball in the infield.

Yea, true he is Batman and he can do pretty much anything, but I would give more leeway to a comic version than the movie/real actor ones to pull off a pose like that and expect to do damage.

Batman definitely has less issues than the Joker. Not sure what is going on with that one either.

You don't have much of an imagination do you? Haven't you ever been in a body position that wasn't ideal for what you were doing at the time? What makes you think he's ONLY about to throw a punch? Like it was said, just because he has his fists up doesn't necessarily mean that the next move is a punch. To me he looks like he's going to move a leg next.

Back