Premium Format Christian Bale Batman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone know if the suit material is rubber or sculpted?

To me, there are a few pics that suggest that the underlying suit is mixed media. This pic is one of them, which shows quite a natural crease at the back of the knee and alongside, and a bulge on the armour on the side of the knee. Sure it can be done with sculpting, but I am leaning towards a mixed media prediction. At least I hope it is.

IMG_9881_zps54csbwp8.jpg~original.jpeg

No way man. That is pure digital sculpting. This was done by Will Harbottle and he sculpts digitally. He did the Honey Trap and Sucker Punch girls for Gentle Giant and he's now done this, the new Sonja, and Voltron for SS. All digital. He's pretty ridiculous at it.

I am more of a traditionalist in that I prefer hand sculpted, but the amount of detail he is able to replicate digitally makes me change my stance on sculpting a bit in so far as he's able to get such fine details in the suit texture that would be nearly impossible to sculpt by hand.

It can be a pain, but sometimes it is worth it to part them out. I had to do that with a few figures that were not selling when I got out of the HT game. Takes forever to move every part, but you usually end up with more $$$ in the end.

That's true, but I can't do that as I don't have the time and these figures are not located where I'm currently living. They are in my "2nd collection".

Yea, the folds are definitely digital sculpt. I do that at work everyday. This will most likely be fully sculpted outside of the cape. I just hope its not PV...errr...i'll try not to go there:lol

Yea, the folds are definitely digital sculpt. I do that at work everyday. This will most likely be fully sculpted outside of the cape. I just hope its not PV...errr...i'll try not to go there:lol

No way man. That is pure digital sculpting. This was done by Will Harbottle and he sculpts digitally. He did the Honey Trap and Sucker Punch girls for Gentle Giant and he's now done this, the new Sonja, and Voltron for SS. All digital. He's pretty ridiculous at it.

I hadn't thought that SS used much digital sculpting which is what made me think it was mixed media, especially with the fine details on the suit, so thanks sarakawa and marker for the insights. Regardless of the medium, I'm very stoked for this piece.

So I'm decided on the Joker PF. Still on the fence about this. Was wondering if I should get this to pair with joker or just have joker be a solo piece and wait for the inevitable Batman V Superman pieces. Thoughts?

Is asking for fully sculpted solid cast too much? :dunno

:pray:

How does the size of jokers head compared to the body look in person? In pics head looks out of proportion. Thanks for your input.

It looked fine to me at SDCC. The only thing about the Joker statue that bothered me were the flames on the base. I thought bats looked epic. I reeeaaaaly hope this comes out at the same price as arkham bats PF. I just can't see myself ordering too much once the baseline hits $500.

So I'm decided on the Joker PF. Still on the fence about this. Was wondering if I should get this to pair with joker or just have joker be a solo piece and wait for the inevitable Batman V Superman pieces. Thoughts?

Get it if you're getting Joker. The Bats vs Sups pieces won't belong with TDK Joker.

Get it if you're getting Joker. The Bats vs Sups pieces won't belong with TDK Joker.

It could. Its not comic style. Just cause its not from the same movie does not mean it won't belong with it. I have Arkham Batman and MoS Superman posed together and they look great.

It could. Its not comic style. Just cause its not from the same movie does not mean it won't belong with it. I have Arkham Batman and MoS Superman posed together and they look great.

I respectfully disagree. Ledger Joker belongs with Bale Batman. Putting him with a different Bats will stand out IMO. I pose Godfather and Tony Montana together and that's fine even though it's a different movie, but these 2 belong together IMO.

Well hope it doesn't come up before joker. Would like to have more time to decide.

I respectfully disagree. Ledger Joker belongs with Bale Batman. Putting him with a different Bats will stand out IMO. I pose Godfather and Tony Montana together and that's fine even though it's a different movie, but these 2 belong together IMO.

Well, that's definitely a matter of opinion. I've seen movie pieces mixed with comic pieces and it can look good. I have comic Cap, Thor, mixed with Hulk Maquette, Scarjo BW PF, and Mark VI maquette and I think they look great together.

Well, that's definitely a matter of opinion. I've seen movie pieces mixed with comic pieces and it can look good. I have comic Cap, Thor, mixed with Hulk Maquette, Scarjo BW PF, and Mark VI maquette and I think they look great together.

I'm WAY too OCD to do that :lol

:horror :horror :horror

Well the first movie cap and Thor PFs are pretty awful in my book so that makes my decision easier:lol

I like them. Not outstanding, but I like them. I have pieces from different movies together, but there's just something about displaying Ledger Joker with another Batman other than Bale I just don't like, but to each his own. I'd have no issue with MOS Superman with Bale Bats instead of the inevitable Afleck.

Back