Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure I understand...surely these things don't sell out 1st day, 1st weekm etc. Most of the threads have people receiving the statutes and them posting pics and they are still available to buy, so people can wait and don't have to buy it immediately, unless I am missing something?

You understand that many of Sideshow's exclusive offerings do indeed sell out in the first day, 24 hours, or damn near that, right? Also, we, the consumers, always preorder way in advance. This will go up for order today, but not ship for another nine months to even a year. In that time, more people will become aware of the piece and its inherent value in their minds will cause them to possibly pay more for a chance to have one. The NRD policy is fairly new, and indeed changing the way people order. No longer does everyone order every single exclusive, and have a chock full account page, only to cancel just prior to shipping. I'm hoping that does help the hobby, but it does throw a monkey wrench in my own personal system, causing me to be way way more choosey.

I really like this piece, but I collect so many other things, it is hard to earmark money for an item I won't know exactly when it will be out. Still, all in all, I'm a lot happier with the ordering system with the new NRD system in place. Has there even been a PPO (priority preorder) since they instituted the new NRD system? I don't think so. We seem to be getting at least 24 hours on each piece (at least those I have watched and considered) to make up our mind before the low quantity and sold out show up. Not like the two to five minutes we had on PPO days, and without a proper preview either.

NRD FTW :yess:

Still undecided on the Commander though. Dammit! :gah:

:dunno it can go either way, this probably being the first real G.I. Joe statue could start a good feeding frenzy but also this plays to a wider audience now that 12" or 3 3/4 collectors aren't even the main gene pool for the running on this statue. So you are going to have statues collectors which grew up with G.I. Joe that not necessarily collect the 12" or any 3 3/4 action figure but still want G.I. Joe nostalgia in their hands for the very first time. You could also run the debate that the 12" and 3 3/4 collectors don't want this piece simply because it's a statue and has no point of articulation. IMO, this offers tempting to the action figure collectors and a high percentage of biting even with the NRD in way and a no brainer for the statue collectors because it will be the first of it's kind from Sideshow or a "Premium Format" quality statue.

Well said, Dr.Ski! :lecture

Confused...maybe I just bought two that weren't highly sought out...PF EX Jack Sparrow and ToD Indy...as they are still available and I assume are maybe finally about to sell out a year later?

Confused...maybe I just bought two that weren't highly sought out...PF EX Jack Sparrow and ToD Indy...as they are still available and I assume are maybe finally about to sell out a year later?

There is A LOT of stuff that sells our pretty quickly and stays sold out. It has slowed down in the past year but it still happens, just not as often.

But then again, how many really are? I see a lot of their best work (and many say those two are some of their best, along with the Jedi Luke) are still available. I mean, can anyone give an example of PF's that have consistently sold out in a day?

Spiderman Comiquettes "sold out" pretty quickly. But I got on the waiting list for both versions (exclusive and regular) in late December. Both converted. Hard to imagine a more popular Sideshow piece than that in recent memory (Hulk is probably a very distant second. . .for good reason. . .because Hulk is lame. . .).

So there's no point, say, getting on a waiting list for ROTLA PF EX Indy even though there is one?

But then again, how many really are? I see a lot of their best work (and many say those two are some of their best, along with the Jedi Luke) are still available. I mean, can anyone give an example of PF's that have consistently sold out in a day?

If you do a WL/Sold Out list search on there site you will get an idea.

If I had time I could probably list some out for you but there are for sure a lot.

Wait lists on older pieces are not going to convert, most likely. If they find more in-stock, they'll be made available to folks through one of those damn e-mails Sideshow sends. Waitlists are ignored for those pieces. After 6 months or so, I would forget about the waitlist.

So there's no point, say, getting on a waiting list for ROTLA PF EX Indy even though there is one?

Most likely not. They keep them open in the off chance but at this point there is probably still random people on it who forget that the chance of it converting for you is pretty small.

Not many have stayed sold out because they might come back in stock for maybe a day or two, perhaps maybe the Jason PF Ex but that was still up until the morning of the next day I believe, I can't really remember. It's still early on that piece to tell though if it going to stay sold out.

Spiderman Comiquettes "sold out" pretty quickly. But I got on the waiting list for both versions (exclusive and regular) in late December. Both converted. Hard to imagine a more popular Sideshow piece than that in recent memory (Hulk is probably a very distant second. . .for good reason. . .because Hulk is lame. . .).

He came back in stock for a short time, almost a week.

But most still have the wait list option. Is that even viable?

If you are early on the list, or if it's a crappy piece. :lecture

I just wish I knew what he was holding behind his back.

5495759907_b0f42aa577_b.jpg

Not many have stayed sold out because they might come back in stock for maybe a day or two, perhaps maybe the Jason PF Ex but that was still up until the morning of the next day I believe, I can't really remember. It's still early on that piece to tell though if it going to stay sold out.

I would be uber surprised it the Jason EX comes back in stock.

Back