Cobra Trooper is up! Use this link!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's instinct, just because of what you said about watching the news. Some do it, some don't. Some just imitate what they see around them, and there's obviously nothing creative about that. Some are constantly reinventing the wheel no matter how good it gets.

But even if it isn't instinctual, I think it is our nature. There are just some who choose to not act accordingly. They try to live as animals, and in the process make the rest of us look like we're the same cavemen they are. At root, we are. The difference is that some of us grow past the stage of roots.

Manhattan/Hong Kong/Tel Aviv > Teheran.

I don't think it's instinct, just because of what you said about watching the news. Some do it, some don't. Some just imitate what they see around them, and there's obviously nothing creative about that. Some are constantly reinventing the wheel no matter how good it gets.

But even if it isn't instinctual, I think it is our nature. There are just some who choose to not act accordingly. They try to live as animals, and in the process make the rest of us look like we're the same cavemen they are. At root, we are. The difference is that some of us grow past the stage of roots.

Manhattan/Hong Kong/Tel Aviv > Teheran.

Speaking from experience, I can tell you I've seen even the most intellectual, educated, sophisticated individuals turn into mindless putzes who'd sooner steal food from a child to fill their own guts, than preserve said child's future.

Oh yeah. There's no automatic imprimatur of moral virtue that comes from being smart. Some of the most brilliant human beings in history have been complete and utter dirtbags. (And think of the Baroness and Destro. Artistic representations of exactly that type of character.)

But that's a betrayal of the value that is intellectual achievement. It's not a black mark on the intellect itself. Free will allows for people to go bad whenever they like. It also allows for them to go good (Stormshadow?) though for some reason that tends to be more difficult. This isn't a good example because I think the man was a dolt, but at a certain point, Hitler could never have changed course (same for Cobra Commander).

LOVE the trooper!

Sideshow did an awesome job, lots of accessories! Everything fits perfectly in its pouch! Boots are great. Rifle is badass, even has bayonet :rock

Body is tight :rock

Zero complaints about it.

Just ordered a second from Alterego :rock

I ordered two from Alter Ego back in July. Won't be long now :rock

A ruff idea of what we could see in the future? I'm sure it woud look better than my 5 second job lol.

DSC_2130.JPG

A ruff idea of what we could see in the future? I'm sure it woud look better than my 5 second job lol.

DSC_2130.JPG

Admittedly cheaply done, that looks pretty cool, and gets me excited for what DAMN WELL better be in the future!!

But that's a betrayal of the value that is intellectual achievement. It's not a black mark on the intellect itself. Free will allows for people to go bad whenever they like. It also allows for them to go good (Stormshadow?) though for some reason that tends to be more difficult. This isn't a good example because I think the man was a dolt, but at a certain point, Hitler could never have changed course (same for Cobra Commander).

Actually, Hitler's achievements for Germany were great. He turned an impoverished country into one of the richest and most powerful, before he went coo-coo. Rightly so however, that's overshadowed by the atrocities that were committed by his party.

DSC_2130.JPG

Battle Damaged CC! :rock:rock:rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back