Cobra Trooper is up! Use this link!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Hitler's achievements for Germany were great. He turned an impoverished country into one of the richest and most powerful, before he went coo-coo. Rightly so however, that's overshadowed by the atrocities that were committed by his party.
Pretty impressive how authoritarian tyrants can get the people motivated, huh? Can't underestimate the power of fear and hatred. Unfortunately, Hitler was an anti-Semitic, fascist, power-mad wack job for the entirety of his political life.

Pretty impressive how authoritarian tyrants can get the people motivated, huh? Can't underestimate the power of fear and hatred. Unfortunately, Hitler was an anti-Semitic, fascist, power-mad wack job for the entirety of his political life.

That's not entirely true and is more propaganda than fact. A more thorough study of his life showed that while his passion about his initial cause during the rise of the Nazi party might have made him seem insane, he was most definitely not. That said, there was also definitely a turning point where things started falling apart and he slowly lost his mind. I still think most of his atrocious beliefs were heavily influenced by Himmler.

So, all the academics and historians who give the same story of his time in the Jew hating, nationalistic German Worker's Party are spewing propaganda, I guess. Perhaps not insane, but certainly a power mad, anti-Semitic tyrant-to-be.

Actually Hitler's beliefs were strongly influenced by the Devil himself..he was heavily into the Occult

on topic- the Cobra Trooper is awesome...another Home Run by Sideshow! Just wish these came out FASTER!! this is the Best line Sideshow's got going

Actually Hitler's beliefs were strongly influenced by the Devil himself..he was heavily into the Occult

on topic- the Cobra Trooper is awesome...another Home Run by Sideshow! Just wish these came out FASTER!! this is the Best line Sideshow's got going

Which devil would that be Teemu? Biblically, belief in "the devil made me do it" didn't even exist in the old testament. If something bad happened, it was deemed god's will, not the work of the devil. So that's more tin foil terrorism at it's best. :lol

And yes Kara, it wouldn't be unheard of for historians to spew propaganda. History is written by the winners after all. If he was truly as sick and demented as everyone would have you believe, how would he have garnered as much power initially? Fear only gets you so far.

If he was truly as sick and demented as everyone would have you believe, how would he have garnered as much power initially? Fear only gets you so far.
The after-effects of the economic policies imposed on Germany by the winners of World War I. It ran Germany into the ground. Their currency became worthless, people couldn't hold decent jobs, and the kinds of ideas espoused by Hitler (scapegoating, breeding hate toward the existing economic systems of the world) start sounding really nice to people in that situation. Also, burning down the Reichstag :D

And as for the demented gaining power, what about Mao, Stalin, and the wacky dynasty in North Korea? It isn't unheard of. A ruthless will to power can go a long way.

Which devil would that be Teemu? Biblically, belief in "the devil made me do it" didn't even exist in the old testament. If something bad happened, it was deemed god's will, not the work of the devil. So that's more tin foil terrorism at it's best. :lol

And yes Kara, it wouldn't be unheard of for historians to spew propaganda. History is written by the winners after all. If he was truly as sick and demented as everyone would have you believe, how would he have garnered as much power initially? Fear only gets you so far.

Got news for ya bro...Satan existed in the Old Testament and New Testament and he still Exists Today..Bad things happen because of Man's Sinful Nature....ITS NOT GOD'S WILL for man to do bad things...It cracks me up how everything is tinfoil hat wearing to you...sounds like you just go along with mainstream lies of teaching and question nothing :monkey3

Hitler was evil. What he did was evil. Sure he was highly intelligent, and a great speaker but the man was evil. Hitler was heavily in the occult. The swatz symbol origin is Hindu. Hitler was into remote viewing, contacting spirits. Dawn of a New Man. What do you think the Nazis mean about "New Man?"

Hitler was evil. What he did was evil. Sure he was highly intelligent, and a great speaker but the man was evil. Hitler was heavily in the occult. The swatz symbol origin is Hindu. Hitler was into remote viewing, contacting spirits. Dawn of a New Man. What do you think the Nazis mean about "New Man?"

Exactly...The Swatz symbol started out first as a Hindu Sun Symbol...he also was influenced by Allister Crowley who was named the Most evil man alive..He also attempted and failed to create super soldiers (6 foot,blonde and blue eyes men) perfected through mind control. The Comic story of Captain America was actually not too far fetched....as Hitler and his eugenticists tried for real (I hear the laughs coming)

Believe me, I'm not defending the man. I'm simply stating that he did great things for Germany, initially, rising a nation out of poverty whether or not he ran it into the ground toward his end.

Got news for ya bro...Satan existed in the Old Testament and New Testament and he still Exists Today..Bad things happen because of Man's Sinful Nature....ITS NOT GOD'S WILL for man to do bad things...It cracks me up how everything is tinfoil hat wearing to you...sounds like you just go along with mainstream lies of teaching and question nothing :monkey3

Assuming you believe the teachings in the bible:

1) Look up the definition of the word Satan. Nowadays it's slang for "Lucifer." Back then, it just meant one who opposes.

2) That depends entirely upon your belief system. Zoroastrianism existed long before Christianity and even Judaism and was the first religion to have a single good figure and a single evil figure. It's not inconceivable to think that the concept of God and the Devil was borrowed from this. Noah's story was borrowed from the story of Gilgamesh so it's not entirely unreasonable to take that into account.

3) Lucifer cannot harm man. The devil didn't make Eve take the bite. She did of her own free will. Remember, as per Job, the law God established with Lucifer is that he cannot touch man. He had to ask God's permission to inflict the damage on the man.

4) So god didn't have Samson drop a temple on thousands of Philistines? God didn't send thousands of Egyptians to their deaths when Moses crossed the Nile? God didn't let his own children basically murder his son? God didn't let hundreds of thousands of his own people die in concentration camps during WWII? If God didn't will it to be so, it wouldn't happen.

Ignoring realism because doing so adds weight to conspiracy and personal belief is tin foil terrorism. They make sense to the conspiring brainwashed, but not the general, free thinking public. You don't embrace common sense with your theories because doing so would be a discredit to them and potentially give you a "wait a minute, WTF?" moment. So in your own conspiracy, ironically you actually are, what you're accusing others of being. That is why I reply with what I do.

But to honor Khev's request, I can't wait to get mine. I'm still waiting for him to ship from Viking Playground.

I'm having a tough time deciding if I will cancel my BBTS pre-order. I'm still not blown away by the guy in the pics, but what is Cobra without its cannon fodder?

I'm having a tough time deciding if I will cancel my BBTS pre-order. I'm still not blown away by the guy in the pics, but what is Cobra without its cannon fodder?

in my opinion, for what its worth...he is WORTH the pickup...in hand he is a great figure...if you were not let down by SE or CC...grab the trooper!

Yikes, did this thread get off-topic since last I lurked. Anyways...

I got my trooper today, and while I was kind of so-so after seeing the first pictures (other than the fantastic, expressive sculpt and paint on the eyes and peek of his face from the balaklava), now that I have him in hand I like him very much. I'd dare say I like him a bit more than the commander, but I'll let that stew for a bit while I give some first thoughts:

The new, bulkier torso is nice. I'm not certain if his legs are longer, but he seems taller. The torso joint, however, is still kind of floppy (not as much as CC's) as are his legs. All his other joints function well and hold any pose you'd want, and mine is currently aiming his gun and actually looking down the sight without much trouble.

The tailoring seems a tad off, as usual. His collar is constantly askew, which I came up with an easy fix for: Tuck them under the harness straps. And it's a shame that I'm forced to do so, since the silver Cobra logos on his collar tips are striking and something I didn't remember being on the prototype. The first thing I found myself doing after taking him out of the box was popping his head off and throwing the thick, redundant scarf around his head back into the box. I wish his sleeves were a tad longer and had some padding on his shoulders, as the ugly Pro shoulder joints sink in the cloth and make it look baggy and empty.

The accessories are where this figure shines, which is saying a lot. Despite all the nits I've already listed, this is really a great figure. The AK is very cool and has just about all the amenities you'd expect from a SS figure, right down to the folding stock, removeable clip and grenade launcher (wish he had more than two grenades and the launcher actually opened, but my old man said he was pretty sure they have front-load GLs, too). The connecting bayonet was a nice touch and something else I didn't remember seeing in the proto pics. The sidearm seems kind of an afterthought, but the molded ABS-style holster is a nice detail. He also could use an extra clip or two for that. The pouches are spacious and the canteens are a touch of realism, which SS has already established pretty well for their Joes and I expected nothing less.

All in all, this is a great addition to anyone's 6th scale collection and leaves me wanting more Joes and Cobras to fill out my display.

Cheers.

Swift

Yikes, did this thread get off-topic since last I lurked. Anyways...

I got my trooper today, and while I was kind of so-so after seeing the first pictures (other than the fantastic, expressive sculpt and paint on the eyes and peek of his face from the balaklava), now that I have him in hand I like him very much. I'd dare say I like him a bit more than the commander, but I'll let that stew for a bit while I give some first thoughts:

The new, bulkier torso is nice. I'm not certain if his legs are longer, but he seems taller. The torso joint, however, is still kind of floppy (not as much as CC's) as are his legs. All his other joints function well and hold any pose you'd want, and mine is currently aiming his gun and actually looking down the sight without much trouble.

The tailoring seems a tad off, as usual. His collar is constantly askew, which I came up with an easy fix for: Tuck them under the harness straps. And it's a shame that I'm forced to do so, since the silver Cobra logos on his collar tips are striking and something I didn't remember being on the prototype. The first thing I found myself doing after taking him out of the box was popping his head off and throwing the thick, redundant scarf around his head back into the box. I wish his sleeves were a tad longer and had some padding on his shoulders, as the ugly Pro shoulder joints sink in the cloth and make it look baggy and empty.

The accessories are where this figure shines, which is saying a lot. Despite all the nits I've already listed, this is really a great figure. The AK is very cool and has just about all the amenities you'd expect from a SS figure, right down to the folding stock, removeable clip and grenade launcher (wish he had more than two grenades and the launcher actually opened, but my old man said he was pretty sure they have front-load GLs, too). The connecting bayonet was a nice touch and something else I didn't remember seeing in the proto pics. The sidearm seems kind of an afterthought, but the molded ABS-style holster is a nice detail. He also could use an extra clip or two for that. The pouches are spacious and the canteens are a touch of realism, which SS has already established pretty well for their Joes and I expected nothing less.

All in all, this is a great addition to anyone's 6th scale collection and leaves me wanting more Joes and Cobras to fill out my display.

Cheers.

Swift

Are you sure the shoulders are rotated the correct way? Most of my Pro-based figures came with them rotated so that the part of the shoulder that prevents this from happening was rotated all the way back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back