Collection Stash: A Collection Cataloging and Collectible Archiving Platform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Collection Stash: Closed Beta

Submitted...

H.R. Gigers Spell 1 Sideshow Collectibles Ornament.
Dog Alien Polystone Mini Bust Palisades Toys.
Alien Queen Chestburster Statue Palisades Toys.

Tyler, can you also please add Gremlins to the Sideshow selection.
Thank you.

Hi Tyler, could you add the series IV to the Women of the DCU bust line? There is also a Heroes of the DC Universe (bust) line, that includes a series 1, series 2 and a Blackest Night series. If you could also add these it would be great. :) Thank you!

Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111

And done! All of them already submitted :wave

Alright, smaller update in the next couple days adding:

- new collectible field to determine if a collectible is numbered. This is in addition to the Edition Size field. Some collectibles have an edition size but are not individually numbered. This will help when adding a collectible to the stash if I should display the edition size box, same thing during the registry page.

- User list page. Basic user list page. I want to get this out there sooner than later so people can more easily browse other stashes.

Other than that I am continuing to work on the redesign for the new stash and approvals.

Stay tuned! At some point I will through some mock ups out there so let you guys know what I am thinking.

Did you put in the duplicate detection?

I just added a piece I thought I didn't add before and it took it though it was already in my stash.

Also, I am wondering if we can default a sort (defined by user) for the My Stash screen?
Maybe set it to default sort by Type, License, Manufacturer ?

Just a thought.

Did you put in the duplicate detection?

I just added a piece I thought I didn't add before and it took it though it was already in my stash.

Also, I am wondering if we can default a sort (defined by user) for the My Stash screen?
Maybe set it to default sort by Type, License, Manufacturer ?

Just a thought.

Duplicate detection is in place only during the contribute process. I have not thought about adding it to the stash add process.

Part of the stash redesign, I will definitely be adding filters like those, if there are any other ones you might want let me know.

I could definitely add some stash settings where you can determine which ones get displayed by default when someone goes to your page!

Understood. I would add it as a safety catch to the Stash process. I know I have already forgetten what I entered and can see it happening. It will eliminate dupes all around.

I can see them being sorted with sub tables by a set filter. Or just being ordered in that way.

Or with levels.

Manufacturer, then license then type of item, allowing the grouping to flow much nicer in the view.

I think it will be a nice addition and allow a more coordinated presentation of a collection.

I still believe that being able to organize the collection by moving each item by hand (with the mouse) is a cooler, more interactive feature IMO

(Tyler, as always, when you have the time, could you add the Batman Black and White line of statues to DC Direct? ;))

I still believe that being able to organize the collection by moving each item by hand (with the mouse) is a cooler, more interactive feature IMO

(Tyler, as always, when you have the time, could you add the Batman Black and White line of statues to DC Direct? ;))

I think there might be room for both features.

I like having a way for the user to dictate exactly how their stash should look and I also like having the ability to set sorting filters on their stash to find things easier or a grouping of things. I think I can accommodate both features easily.

I should be able to get to adding the Black and White line tonight and Nachos other request, if not tonight, tomorrow night. Coding tonight!

I think there might be room for both features.
I like having a way for the user to dictate exactly how their stash should look and I also like having the ability to set sorting filters on their stash to find things easier or a grouping of things. I think I can accommodate both features easily.I should be able to get to adding the Black and White line tonight and Nachos other request, if not tonight, tomorrow night. Coding tonight![/QUOTE]

Awesome post! Thanks!

Now go coding!!! :horse: :)

I think I am going to push out these changes tonight, or first thing tomorrow.

Regardless.

When I do I am doing to default the 'numbered' field to true for all collectibles that have a valid edition size. The reason I am doing this is that there are more collectibles currently added that are numbered vs ones that are not. We will just have to actively update the ones that are not numbered but going forward we should be good.

I think I am going to push out these changes tonight, or first thing tomorrow.

Regardless.

When I do I am doing to default the 'numbered' field to true for all collectibles that have a valid edition size. The reason I am doing this is that there are more collectibles currently added that are numbered vs ones that are not. We will just have to actively update the ones that are not numbered but going forward we should be good.

I understand. Don't worry, Jay will take charge of that :D

Threealogo_lg.jpg

:naughty

I pushed out the updates.

As I said previously, I defaulted all collectibles that have an edition size to numbered because there are far more. If you notice a collectible that is not truly numbered (most of SSC 1/6th) feel free to submit the update. I am going it for the ones in my stash now.

I also added the "Community" link. Right now it is just a list of all current members.

If you notice that it says your collectible count is zero, this is because I did not set a default for that new column. All you need to do is add a collectible to your stash (or remove one and then add it back) and it will automatically update your collectible size.

Since Ashley Wood co-created the company with Kim Fung Wong, it would be best to not have Ashley Wood as the license. According to their forum, here are the toys lines that should be listed as licenses:

2000AD
Adventure Kartel
Popbot
World War Robot (WWR)
World War Robot Portable (WWRp)*

It also appears they are going to be releasing figures from the Real Steel movie and Metal Gear Solid. On the forum, they have these lumped into a category called Showcase.

Here's what the 3Awiki says about these: Showcase is the name of the line of toys where threeA releases properties and characters that aren't owned by threeA, but by artists and companies which threeA is making toys with. This also includes toys by threeA that are designed by Ashley Wood that don't fit into any of the full toy lines. It is important to understand that the Showcase subdivision is not a licensing sanction, but a cooperation between artists/creators.

It might make more sense to put these as actual licenses instead of calling them Showcase, but either would work.

* I suppose you could even lump these with the license called World War Robot since it's basically just 1/12 versions of the 1/6 figures.

Since Ashley Wood co-created the company with Kim Fung Wong, it would be best to not have Ashley Wood as the license. According to their forum, here are the toys lines that should be listed as licenses:

2000AD
Adventure Kartel
Popbot
World War Robot (WWR)
World War Robot Portable (WWRp)*

* I suppose you could even lump these with the license called World War Robot since it's basically just 1/12 versions of the 1/6 figures.

Makes sense to me. I would probably not include Portable, just to keep it simple.

It also appears they are going to be releasing figures from the Real Steel movie and Metal Gear Solid. On the forum, they have these lumped into a category called Showcase.

Here's what the 3Awiki says about these: Showcase is the name of the line of toys where threeA releases properties and characters that aren't owned by threeA, but by artists and companies which threeA is making toys with. This also includes toys by threeA that are designed by Ashley Wood that don't fit into any of the full toy lines. It is important to understand that the Showcase subdivision is not a licensing sanction, but a cooperation between artists/creators.

It might make more sense to put these as actual licenses instead of calling them Showcase, but either would work.

I agree, I would keep them to the true licenses.

Where would you put the Bambaboss figures?

Makes sense to me. I would probably not include Portable, just to keep it simple.

I agree, I would keep them to the true licenses.

Where would you put the Bambaboss figures?

Agreed. Since there will already be scale options, World War Robot will work for both scales.

That 3A wiki article actually mentioned Bambaboss in that Showcase blurb I posted earlier, but maybe it's enough of a release to be its own license.

Expect more from me now that things are calming down over here. I can't wait to get back to adding stuff to my stash. :rock

Back