Comic Con 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no expert on the exclusives, but some of the Hasbro stuff is very hard to get (mainly because of the scalpers) and some not so much. Last year I wanted the XForce three pack and the Helicarrier. Was told by people at the booth that the only way to get them is to get the ticket upstairs and come back with it.

Long story short, I got there super early on Sat morning only to find out 2 hours later that the XForce set was sold out! How about putting up a sign or something so people don't wait in line for nothing for two hours?? :slap

Got my ticket for the helicarrier, only to find out later that afternoon that I could have just walked right up and bought one. And I would have thought that would have been the piece that was hard to get.

In fact we ended up buying two of them, and they're still tucked away, unopened in our closet.

I plan on trying to get myself one of those Deadpool sets, but I am not going to waste an entire morning doing it. Personally I'd rather pay 2x the price just to save myself 3 hours of my time.

Hopefully that piece is not as difficult to get, but Hasbro always has several pieces that sell out early.

For the last 2 years, I've avoided the Hasbro and Mattel booths because they stress me out! 2008-10, got tix, waited in line, and bought the exclusives only to either keep them in storage or sell them off later. It didn't make sense to spend so much time and effort on something I don't truly enjoy. The thing that made me skip on Hasbro altogether was trying to get the Skystriker Starscream in 2011. That thing sold out real quick! I was annoyed to see scalpers wheeling cases of them away while I couldn't even get 1. Just 1! All that stress and nothing to show for it. Mattel can be equally stressful and I haven't been too thrilled about their offerings in the past 2 years.
Another factor is that I've focused my collecting on only HT since then. I think to myself, would I rather have these 2-3 hasbro exclusives or a brand spankin' new HT to buy from one of the merchants or after the show?
This year, Hasbro has the TF/GI Joe set with Jetfire and Hound. 2 characters I've always really liked but felt were under-represented. Here we go again:gah:

It's still a dream of mine to go but this year is not the year for me. :(

Forgot about the resale raffle. If someone is willing to get me just a Thursday, it would be appreciated.

I always wonder how many people make their own fake badges....all they do is make sure you are wearing one, they don't check IDs or anything. Wouldn't be that hard if you had one to copy. Not something I would ever do but I'm sure people do it.

all they do is glance at the badges before going through the main hall. It's probably not all that fun, standing there for hours.

Last edited:
In 2011, I wore a badge with the name Crystal.

I'm Andrew! Only got one glance in two days, but I just didn't make eye contact.

New Deadpool minimates SDCC exclusive, available for preorder now:

https://www.shopafx.com/sd20exmamide.html

actionfigurexpress_2267_96160991

https://www.trulydisturbing.com/2013/06/15/retro-outlaw-studios-announce-evilfett-sdcc-exclusive/

evelfettpop.jpg

Retro Outlaw Studios Announce Evilfett For SDCC Exclusive
By ahlephia
San Diego Comic Con is fast approaching. Show of hands who’s going? Great. Don’t forget to grab this.

Retro Outlaw is proud to present its San Diego Comic con exclusive The Galactic Bounty Hunter Stuntman EVELFETT.
This Pop Culture Mash up Parody is their best exclusive to date. The figure is 12inches tall with removable cape and swagger stick! Comes in super cool retro style packaging . The 150 first people will receive a limited edition Evelfett screen print!!! signed and numbered! Check it out at the Retro outlaw Booth 929.

Check out the image below to see what you’re in store for.

And don’t forget to make tracks the moment you get in.

Back