conan quits

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well sure, I know him from the older show, but I never saw him on the Tonight Show. Not that I've seen too too much of it. Robert Smigel's a funny guy.

I'm with COCO!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/rPGL427EoAc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/rPGL427EoAc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

:lol :lol :lol

:rock

yeah triumph was on the new show a few times already. he was on a couple weeks ago at one of those fancy dog kennels. he started humping one of the residents.

Hmmmm...

The Peacock Network has agreed in principle to fork over $32.5 million to Conan O’Brien to leave as “The Tonight Show” host and give Jay Leno the chance to reclaim his mantle as the king of late-night talk shows, sources said yesterday.

The deal also reportedly provides severance pack ages totaling $7.5 million for the show’s loyal staffers, many of whom packed up with their families and moved across the country to work for O’Brien, whose previous show taped in the Big Apple.

The decision to let O’Brien walk apparently came down to who was cheaper to let go.

Leno has an ironclad, “brilliantly written” agreement that guarantees his production company a staggering $150 million if NBC Universal axes his flailing primetime show, an insider said.

I like Conan, but also found the new Leno show funny. I like the top 10 question bit. Not much of a late night person so catching this is bed was good.

Leno has an ironclad, “brilliantly written” agreement that guarantees his production company a staggering $150 million if NBC Universal axes his flailing primetime show, an insider said.

What a surprise, coming from Mr. "I don't have an agent or a manager, I'm just a regular man of my word who shakes hands on good faith."

:rolleyes:

Conan has been on fire this whole week. I love the classic tonight show moments, every time he gets all upset over them showing his concussion over and over again :lol. Gonna miss ya Coco.

Conan: "I never thought I'd be jealous of the long illustrious run NBC gave Joey."

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Well, looks like it is now official:

Conan O’Brien’s manager confirmed early Thursday morning that Conan had signed the agreement separating from NBC and giving up The Tonight Show, according to a report from The Wrap’s Josef Adalian.

As of this writing, NBC is declining to comment. As of ~7am ET, NBC confirms the deal has been signed and says it will issue a press release later this morning.

There’s not much new to report other than it’s official. Most of the rest has been previously reported in some fashion:

- the deal is in the $30 million to $40 million range. (The Wall Street Journal reports Mr. O’Brien will receive an amount of around $32 million, with an additional $12 million going to his staff).

- O’Brien’s last show will be this Friday, January 22

- O’Brien will be able to to begin working for another network beginning September 1

- NBC retains the rights to bits and characters Conan created

The deal got held up as Conan tried to negotiate better severance – and apparently particularly the non-union workers without long term contracts got “much better” deals than NBC typically pays

Conan will supplement the severances out of his own pocket.

Others under contract, including Andy Richter and Max Weinberg with contracts will negotiate their own deals.

O’Brien also agreed to a short window (duration unknown) where he can’t give any media interviews or speak ill of NBC publicly. NBC also will be silent on the topic during that period. Conan can mock NBC in his next gig and NBC can sue him for defamation.

Adalian’s article notes that although NBC retains the rights to the characters and bits Conan created at NBC, there could be some wiggle room in some cases, noting that Letterman found a way to keep the top 10 lists when he left NBC and moved to CBS.

Well, looks like it is now official:

Conan O’Brien’s manager confirmed early Thursday morning that Conan had signed the agreement separating from NBC and giving up The Tonight Show, according to a report from The Wrap’s Josef Adalian.

As of this writing, NBC is declining to comment. As of ~7am ET, NBC confirms the deal has been signed and says it will issue a press release later this morning.

There’s not much new to report other than it’s official. Most of the rest has been previously reported in some fashion:

- the deal is in the $30 million to $40 million range. (The Wall Street Journal reports Mr. O’Brien will receive an amount of around $32 million, with an additional $12 million going to his staff).

- O’Brien’s last show will be this Friday, January 22

- O’Brien will be able to to begin working for another network beginning September 1

- NBC retains the rights to bits and characters Conan created

The deal got held up as Conan tried to negotiate better severance – and apparently particularly the non-union workers without long term contracts got “much better” deals than NBC typically pays

Conan will supplement the severances out of his own pocket.

Others under contract, including Andy Richter and Max Weinberg with contracts will negotiate their own deals.

O’Brien also agreed to a short window (duration unknown) where he can’t give any media interviews or speak ill of NBC publicly. NBC also will be silent on the topic during that period. Conan can mock NBC in his next gig and NBC can sue him for defamation.

Adalian’s article notes that although NBC retains the rights to the characters and bits Conan created at NBC, there could be some wiggle room in some cases, noting that Letterman found a way to keep the top 10 lists when he left NBC and moved to CBS.

Conan is the man. He's always been great, but he's been on fire this week. Can't wait for September 1 to roll around.

Back