coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a refund incoming on the Wolf LSB, I shall put it towards this as long as the price isn't beyond my limits.

I won't get my refund in time - would only buy if they would retroactively apply all credit/refunds/points (which they probably WOULD).

Even then, I'm so jaded now that I may not bother.

My guess on price . . . $1500-$2100 USD.

Is there an "expected/average" turnaround on Prime 1 from initial pre-order to delivery?

I won't get my refund in time - would only buy if they would retroactively applied all credit/refunds/points.

Even then, I'm so jaded now that I may not bother.

My guess on price . . . $1500-$2100 USD.

They do, I've done it before. I'm still waiting for a response about my Wolf, I had one reply four days ago to which I asked for a refund, but I'm yet to receive another. I'm not hanging around with this Dog if the price is below my limit. With Prime 1's fair ES numbers, and reputation for quality, I expect this thing to sell out fairly quickly. The shipping cost might be a pig though down the line...

Alien fans, better be on the ball on thursday. Depending on the price and ES, I have a feeling this may sell out fast. P1 even marked the date for us lol.

I'm so sick of them not giving the price. It's so they get people who probably can't afford it to make a bad decision lol

Just put the price up so we can know if it doable or have time to come up with a plan.

So if say all the transformers are $1500-$2000 is this beast really on par with them. I understand this isn't easy I'm just trying to decide what it's worth to me.

Will the 1/3 scale be more of a pricing factor over its production cost?

So many questions that can't even be answered of course so let's see. Serious alien fans are likely to drop 2k and the $1500 mark is likely just in range for the rest of the serious collectors but what about the casual collector like myself that loves alien and really want this piece but at the same time collect many other pieces.

Man at $1500 I may still get it and be pissed until I pay my balance down but $1250 would be so much better like all my stress will go away. I just saved up the full balance for my Prime 1 Optimus Knight so maybe I'll do it at $1500 but I won't be shocked if it's $2k-$2500 in which case I'll have to pass due to cost.

At a point where I'm thinking my marginal satisfaction of owning this piece versus something smaller and cheaper (like 1/6 or 1/4 for a fraction of the cost) will not be proportionate to the increase in cost. As amazing as this looks, it'll be at least $500-1K more than what I'd normally pay for an Alien collectible. And I don't think it'll give me $500-1K worth of additional happiness over a cheaper alternative.

It'd be a dream if they released a bust version like they did with the Miller Batman.

At a point where I'm thinking my marginal satisfaction of owning this piece versus something smaller and cheaper (like 1/6 or 1/4 for a fraction of the cost) will not be proportionate to the increase in cost. As amazing as this looks, it'll be at least $500-1K more than what I'd normally pay for an Alien collectible. And I don't think it'll give me $500-1K worth of additional happiness over a cheaper alternative.

It'd be a dream if they released a bust version like they did with the Miller Batman.
As much as I love this piece, I don't love the movie and really am likely going to have to hold onto my bills. I'll check out the big chap 1/3 but I don't think I'll be getting this one in all likelyhood. And that's a hard decision. :(

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I am sitting at my keyboard waiting to order this puppy! I'm guessing the price will be at least $1800. It's big and very detailed, and Prime 1's other big detailed pieces like Swamp Thing are around that price.

As much as I love this piece, I don't love the movie and really am likely going to have to hold onto my bills. I'll check out the big chap 1/3 but I don't think I'll be getting this one in all likelyhood. And that's a hard decision. :(

That's totally understandable. These things are so expensive that it's better to be choosy and only get the ones you absolutely need to have.

It will sell out as long as it's not too expensive. There's never been a better Alien statue from SS so many ALien fans will jump on it.

I totally agree with you then I have to wait at the computer for this one to come out + I still like alien three I know it's not the most popular of the alien licenses it's a great design and it's the first time prime one touches the alien license so this should be a huge seller specifically for that as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you do with the Wolf LSB dude? - I know you had it in-hand - did you decide to keep it or send it back?

It's gone went right back side show refunded. You sent me the UPS slips and mailed it back.it's too bad because it could've been nice

Alien fans, better be on the ball on thursday. Depending on the price and ES, I have a feeling this may sell out fast. P1 even marked the date for us lol.

Yep I agree this is the kind of thing that definitely sells out

I'll happily have this as my only pre order for the next year if it means I can get it, it's a grail piece for me personally, missed out on the SS version all those years back so I've been waiting a long time for a company to do something like this, they smashed it so it's a no brainer for me

Is there an ex? I'd much prefer this locally due to the freight and duty

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not to argue, as this is a perfectly understandable position. But just to offer an alternative view. I've shifted into an entirely different position recently. A few years ago, I'd have agreed and looked lovingly at this Dog, but never considered buying it at the price we can all assume it will be. But now I look at stuff like the new Sideshow Warrior. And I think, would I rather have three or four "meh" statues like that, or one large scale ultimate representation of a character? And the choice is clear for me personally. Stuff like Sideshows 1/5 Warrior will sit on a shelf and exist. I suspect this thing will command the attention of myself and anybody else who walks by it for many years to come. Plus rather than liking it as I have a lot of Alien and Predator collectibles over the last few years, I love this thing. I can't really imagine it being bettered? So that's how I'll justify the extra money to myself at least. This does of course all count on the price being semi realistic. If it's crazy, I will retract this opinion ;)

Not to argue, as this is a perfectly understandable position. But just to offer an alternative view. I've shifted into an entirely different position recently. A few years ago, I'd have agreed and looked lovingly at this Dog, but never considered buying it at the price we can all assume it will be. But now I look at stuff like the new Sideshow Warrior. And I think, would I rather have three or four "meh" statues like that, or one large scale ultimate representation of a character? And the choice is clear for me personally. Stuff like Sideshows 1/5 Warrior will sit on a shelf and exist. I suspect this thing will command the attention of myself and anybody else who walks by it for many years to come. Plus rather than liking it as I have a lot of Alien and Predator collectibles over the last few years, I love this thing. I can't really imagine it being bettered? So that's how I'll justify the extra money to myself at least. This does of course all count on the price being semi realistic. If it's crazy, I will retract this opinion ;)
It's never "just one" though. That's not how collecting works. It's a chronic compulsion.

I get what your saying though. Happiness isn't quantifiable. Show stopper vs. Meh is a big difference.

In the end it's all a matter of preference I think. Some people just like the 1/6 scale toys, others 1:1 busts and everything else under the sun.

"My thing" is Alien and I try to focus my collection. I don't own any aliens of this scale so it's something I'd really like to have. But we all have our threshold.

P1 may come back asking for 550$ then all of a sudden everyone's interested. Lol. Or they could ask for 8k and no one wants it. Fanaticism....to a point. Hehe.

But I feel ya 100% man.

So I was on the P1 site specifically browsing the 1/3 pieces and really they are all like $850-$1250 give or take a few as I'm not being exact. The exception being the new swamp thing at $1500+-

This Alien piece can easily be $1200 just as easy as $1500

I just wanted to see the 1/3 prices so I'm hoping Swampy isn't the new 1/3 price moving forward but it was not the only new 1/3 piece as there was a few at the $900 range.

So no I didn't get a better feeling on a decent price but at least it shows not all are a lot.

So I was on the P1 site specifically browsing the 1/3 pieces and really they are all like $850-$1250 give or take a few as I'm not being exact. The exception being the new swamp thing at $1500+-

This piece can easily be $1200 just as easy as $1500

I just wanted to see the 1/3 prices so I'm hoping Swampy isn't the new 1/3 price moving forward but it was not the only new 1/3 piece as there was a few at the $900 range.

So no I didn't get a better feeling on a decent price but at least it shows not all are a lot.
I wish they'd release the price. Lol. This is the worst. It's like there prejudiced against people who like closure. Lol.

I'm running out of nails to chew.

I don't know why I'm so invested. Lol maybe because you lot are interested so I'm vicariously hopeful! Lol.

This Alien piece can easily be $1200 just as easy as $1500

I think swampy has more interchangeable arms so that maybe why it’s $1500

Hopefully. [emoji31]

i hope that the dog will be cheaper than the swamp thing. the swamp thing is really huge! it's is nearly 20cm higher than the dog and the other measurements are pretty close. [(H)83.8 cm (W)68.4 cm (L)64.9 cm]

the import to germany will be expensive an hell regardless ...

The biggest issue we'll face seeing a fair price for this isn't the detail and size alone. It is the fact that this is a collaboration with Coolprops. They will want their cut, and they have a habit of testing the limits for pricing at times. People keep forgetting this, you can't just compare it to similar Prime 1 items as you may be disappointed. I'm hoping for the best of course, but I am expecting to be disappointed myself..

The biggest issue we'll face seeing a fair price for this isn't the detail and size alone. It is the fact that this is a collaboration with Coolprops. They will want their cut, and they have a habit of testing the limits for pricing at times. People keep forgetting this, you can't just compare it to similar Prime 1 items as you may be disappointed. I'm hoping for the best of course, but I am expecting to be disappointed myself..

Good point - I've just grimaced a bit more due to that reminder.

Hmmmm. . . . still guessing $1500-$2100 though - but now methinks may be more toward the higher end :dunno

Back