coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point - I've just grimaced a bit more due to that reminder.

Hmmmm. . . . still guessing $1500-$2100 though - but now methinks may be more toward the higher end :dunno

Yeah sorry, it seems strange to say it given how much money it is in reality. But I'd be fairly happy if thi dropped around $1500... Any more will be painful for sure. Any less would be welcome bonus points for Prime 1 and CP!

The biggest issue we'll face seeing a fair price for this isn't the detail and size alone. It is the fact that this is a collaboration with Coolprops. They will want their cut, and they have a habit of testing the limits for pricing at times. People keep forgetting this, you can't just compare it to similar Prime 1 items as you may be disappointed. I'm hoping for the best of course, but I am expecting to be disappointed myself..

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :thud:

As much as I love this piece, I don't love the movie and really am likely going to have to hold onto my bills. I'll check out the big chap 1/3 but I don't think I'll be getting this one in all likelyhood. And that's a hard decision. :(

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

See, I love the assembly cut. It's my favorite alien design and likely my favorite film due to Ripley's arc. But the pricepoint... I just don't see myself being surprised enough to move into a hard yes. And it's gotta be a hard yes.

Not to argue, as this is a perfectly understandable position. But just to offer an alternative view. I've shifted into an entirely different position recently. A few years ago, I'd have agreed and looked lovingly at this Dog, but never considered buying it at the price we can all assume it will be. But now I look at stuff like the new Sideshow Warrior. And I think, would I rather have three or four "meh" statues like that, or one large scale ultimate representation of a character? And the choice is clear for me personally. Stuff like Sideshows 1/5 Warrior will sit on a shelf and exist. I suspect this thing will command the attention of myself and anybody else who walks by it for many years to come. Plus rather than liking it as I have a lot of Alien and Predator collectibles over the last few years, I love this thing. I can't really imagine it being bettered? So that's how I'll justify the extra money to myself at least. This does of course all count on the price being semi realistic. If it's crazy, I will retract this opinion ;)

I completely understand this position and it does factor into my decisions to a degree. I suppose part of my thinking is also the assumption that something definitive will be released again in the future, but in a different medium or scale. They may be few and far between, but companies will keep making collectibles from these films. Surely someone will knock it out of the park again at a lower price point. Maybe a 1/6 figure or a bust. Or a 1/4 statue from a new company, who knows? It might take years, of course.

Actually there is another company that will be making 1/4 scale statues of all these Aliens, check the thread below:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/aliens-and-robots-statues-props-kits-etc-/178758-mamegyorai-1-3-scale-alien-quadrilogy-statues.html

Ah, I remember that announcement. 1/3 scale. We were wondering whether they were distributing CoolProps/Prime 1's stuff or doing their own, and it seemed like they were capable of both manufacture and distribution. Wish we'd get more info from them.

Price is up guys...$1500. It weighs a wopping 24kg/52lbs. From Prime 1's Facebook page:

“I haven’t seen one exactly like this before, it moves... differently.”
Ripley

During the production of the 1992 movie “Alien3”, the props that were made for Dog Alien character who appears in this movie, were not only the costume suits, but also the 1:3 Maquette which reflects the mold of 1:4 puppet. CoolProps developed this product based on 1:3 Maquette and Prime 1 Studio enhanced the 3D data. Like the high-end statues that were already produced out by Prime 1 Studio, this product was also refined as a precise Maquette with a base environment inspired from the movie. We faithfully reproduced the scene which was filmed with 1:4 puppet where the dog alien ran through the fire. This is a high-end piece that captures the moment when the dog alien aggressively runs off, and you can enjoy this very moment with various angles. Don’t miss out to add this 1:3 DOG ALIEN MAQUETTE to your collections!

Specifications:
- Product size: Height 66.3cm Length 64.1cm Depth 74.2cm
- Weight: Approximately 24.0kg
- Scale: 1/3

Statue features:
- One (1) head Open-mouth portrait
- Two (2) versions of the inner mouth* (Short and Long version)
*Inner mouth can be attached to the Open-mouth portrait
- One (1) base which reflects the scenes from the Alien3 film.
- Price: $1499 US
- Edition size: 1000

Product Planning & Publisher: CoolProps
Manufacturer: Prime 1 Studio

Prototype samples shown.
Product details could be subjected to change without further notice.

ALIEN3 TM & (c) 2017 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

that's the regular. the exclusive is a few hundred more and has an edition size of 800.

1800 total of these...much too large an edition size in my opinion.

I will wait for a deal down the road...or at least see inhand reviews before making up my mind.

that's the regular. the exclusive is a few hundred more and has an edition size of 800.

1800 total of these...much too large an edition size in my opinion.

I will wait for a deal down the road...or at least see inhand reviews before making up my mind.

How do you get an exclusive from them?

The exclusive is $1699. I think based on what was expected this is a fair price for the exclusive.

505e35cab4d717011e510e540ce2c200.jpg

Edition size is too high. These can’t sell out.

Original SS dog had only 500 edition size...

I’m gonna wait as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankly I think that precisely because the edition size is high is the reason we are getting a somewhat reasonable price.

Collectors always find something to complain about

Its not a collectible if everyone including my grandmother has one sitting on there kitchen table.

After 1,000 it looses its value.

Lower edition sizes is what makes collecting fun.

I myself like to feel lucky enough to own a certain piece.

Now that all said, if they made 300 I’d be pissed if I didn’t get one and my post would be different. [emoji31][emoji23]

Frankly I think that precisely because the edition size is high is the reason we are getting a somewhat reasonable price.

that was the reason provided by PrimeOne. I don't disagree that the edition size likely resulted in a lower price.

But in my view there is no reason to rush to order. I will wait for inhand reviews.

Its not a collectible if everyone including my grandmother has one sitting on there kitchen table.

After 1,000 it looses its value.

Lower edition sizes is what makes collecting fun.

I myself like to feel lucky enough to own a certain piece.

Now that all said, if they made 300 I’d be pissed if I didn’t get one and my post would be different. [emoji31][emoji23]

At $1699, I can assure you not too many grandmothers will be getting this.

Jokes aside, I get your point, but I still don’t think the edition size is too high.

Back