Creed!!!!! (A Rocky Balboa Movie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading this thread and getting a few good laughs I decided to look up some more information on the movie Creed and found this amusing read. Creedmunity!? Really? WTF.

In another news, Nick Robinson, a fan of Creed, the popular rock band, has started a change.org petition, in the hopes of convincing MGM to change the name of the movie. His petition states: "The movie CREED about the son of Rocky Balboa's deceased trainer's son, is making it difficult, if not impossible, for the still-vital online Creed fanbase to exchange thoughts and discussion regarding band developments, song interpretation, rumors, non-erotic fanfiction, and deeper insights into the expanded Creed universe. MGM has completely disrespected the Creedmunity by using the name of the still-popular band for their non-Creed related movie and have been stifling conversation by flooding social media hashtags and searches with non-music Creed discussion. MGM should have consulted Creed experts and online leaders before titling this movie. The Creedmunity will not be silenced." This petition has also been included in other online articles.

Have fun storming the castle :lol

I think a lot of younger viewers today will miss the Don King influence on the manager character.

And yeah, it feels like a made for cable movie.

Rocky V was a clunker but I still find myself sitting through whatever running time is left when I stumble across it on tv. Don't know why because there's no denying it is utter crap. Forgetting the ill thought out riches-to-rags scene setting and Stallone parodying his previous performances in the role in an attempt to portray 'a bit of brain damage', the thing that killed the film outright was the miscasting of his own son and tubby Tommy Morrison in two key roles. Two of the most annoying, want to reach into the screen and slap them silly acting 'performances' ever and they damn near dominate proceedings from start to finish. Thank **** for a five minute Burgess Meredith cameo to remind us there was some serious warmth and wit in this series at one point.

Rocky's opponent list. This should help some people keep the films straight.

Rocky - Spider Rico, Apollo Creed
Rocky II - rematch
Rocky III - Hulk Hogan "Thunderlips" and Mr. T "Clubber Lang"
Rocky IV - Dolph Ludgren "Ivan Drago"
Rocky V - Tommy Morrison "Tommy Gunn"
Rocky Balboa - Antonio Target "Mason Dixon" aka "The Line"
Creed - Trainer

Rocky's opponent list. This should help some people keep the films straight.

Rocky - Spider Rico, Apollo Creed
Rocky II - rematch
Rocky III - Hulk Hogan "Thunderlips" and Mr. T "Clubber Lang"
Rocky IV - Dolph Ludgren "Ivan Drago"
Rocky V - Tommy Morrison "Tommy Gunn"
Rocky Balboa - Antonio Target "Mason Dixon" aka "The Line"
Creed - Trainer

Hmm. Declaring Rocky's opponent in the new movie to be a 'trainer' has now got me imagining 'Going The Distance' playing softly in the background, before swelling to an absolute crescendo as aching boned, senior citizen Sly, valiantly struggles to bend down far enough to slip his sodding shoes on.

Hmm. Declaring Rocky's opponent in the new movie to be a 'trainer' has now got me imagining 'Going The Distance' playing softly in the background, before swelling to an absolute crescendo as aching boned, senior citizen Sly, valiantly struggles to bend down far enough to slip his sodding shoes on.

"Going the Distance in his depends."

That was #6

oh-really_zps34b75673.jpg

Back