Creed!!!!! (A Rocky Balboa Movie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, this is supposed to be his son now and not his grandson... so shouldn't he be in his 40s by now?

Well, that horrible Jake Gyllenhaal boxing movie has had nothing but rap songs in those trailers, I guess the blind people will probably think he's black too.

It's actually refreshing to see a boxing movie with a black lead. Historically African Americans have had the greatest fighters of all time, and most boxing films usually consist of a blue collar white man who can't box for ****, but has plenty of heart because he needs to keep fighting to keep food on the table, this seems to be going in another direction fortunately and finally.

Last edited:
Jake is actually Black, but he identifies as White.

:lol :lol :lol

I guess that's why Antoine Fuqua casted him. Funny thing though, it was actually supposed to be rapper Eminem playing that character, I didn't think that movie could look any worse until I read that.

It's actually refreshing to see a modern boxing movie with a black lead. African Americans have had the greatest fighters in 20th century, yet most boxing films usually consist of a blue collar white man who can't box for ****, but has plenty of heart because he needs to keep fighting to keep food on the table, this seems to be going in another direction.
Fixed. And agree.

Well, that horrible Jake Gyllenhaal boxing movie has had nothing but rap songs in those trailers, I guess the blind people will probably think he's black too.

It's actually refreshing to see a boxing movie with a black lead. Historically African Americans have had the greatest fighters of all time, and most boxing films usually consist of a blue collar white man who can't box for ****, but has plenty of heart because he needs to keep fighting to keep food on the table, this seems to be going in another direction fortunately and finally.

There's no denying that Black fighters know how to embarrass **** head White fighters :lol

:lol :lol :lol

I guess that's why Antoine Fuqua casted him. Funny thing though, it was actually supposed to be rapper Eminem playing that character, I didn't think that movie could look any worse until I read that.

Ewwwwwwww Eminem? Let him stick to writing songs about his ugly ex wife.

I was really skeptical, at first, but I think it looks fantastic. Awesome cast, awesome franchise, and, judging by everything I've heard about Fruitvale Station, awesome director. Everything I was reading, it seems like a really natural evolution for the Rocky character, so, I'm looking forward to it.

Jordan even looks like a young Weathers and he got in great shape for the film. There is something about seeing Stallone getting back into that character, and this has the potential to be a worthy chapter in the Rocky saga. This isn't a reboot where they pull an original actor out of mothballs for a one minute cameo. I generally dislike those types of shoehorned bits. I also got chills seeing that photo of Apollo and Rocky in the ring, because it's "real" as opposed to a photoshopped pic. This was somewhat of a curiosity when I started this thread. Now it's my most anticipated film of the Fall.

After reading this thread and getting a few good laughs I decided to look up some more information on the movie Creed and found this amusing read. Creedmunity!? Really? WTF.

In another news, Nick Robinson, a fan of Creed, the popular rock band, has started a change.org petition, in the hopes of convincing MGM to change the name of the movie. His petition states: "The movie CREED about the son of Rocky Balboa's deceased trainer's son, is making it difficult, if not impossible, for the still-vital online Creed fanbase to exchange thoughts and discussion regarding band developments, song interpretation, rumors, non-erotic fanfiction, and deeper insights into the expanded Creed universe. MGM has completely disrespected the Creedmunity by using the name of the still-popular band for their non-Creed related movie and have been stifling conversation by flooding social media hashtags and searches with non-music Creed discussion. MGM should have consulted Creed experts and online leaders before titling this movie. The Creedmunity will not be silenced." This petition has also been included in other online articles.

A few good laughs about what? Even if this movie is down right horrible it would take a director on the level of Uwe Boll make this movie worse than Rocky 5.

A few good laughs about what? Even if this movie is down right horrible it would take a director on the level of Uwe Boll make this movie worse than Rocky 5.
There are some very witting people on this board and some of their comments about the movie I found rather funny.

As trailers go, that hit the mark for me. When I first heard the rumoured premise I thought it had the potential to come across like a piece of poor fan fiction. The fact that it was the director/actor team looking to sell the project to Stallone, rather than the other way around, suggested that the passion was there and it might not just be a pure money grab as most franchise continuations/reboots invariably are.

Still some scepticism as to how successfully it will be able to position Rocky as a 'supporting character' (for me, and I'm sure many others, that character is still the main draw), but I'm certainly more optimistic of it's chances than I was prior to seeing the trailer. Quite looking forward to it now actually.

Back