Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings no June code yet

Hmmm them charging more might get me out of the hobby ... might not be the worst thing for me ha

It doesn't all fall on Hot Toys if you ask me. A lot of times the prices they sell figures for overseas aren't so bad, but when Sideshow gets them and adds their markup they seem priced more than they're worth. Not that Sideshow should make nothing but it seems like they add a pretty big premium and they get to because they exclusively bring them to us in the US.

Most of the other retailers who sell HT in the US have pretty much the same prices. Sometime you can save a buck or two here and there, but in the long run they're all about the same. So IMO, it falls on HT.

30% is not bad considering other things we buy that are marked up much higher. Not defending them but SSC is in business to make money 1st. They would go out of business really quick if they sold things at cost.

He defends them because he gets review samples and has won stuff in the past. Of course you're not going to bad mouth the hand that feeds.

The SS can do no wrong attitude is just rubbing me the wrong way lately. Look I am really happy he gets free stuff but he needs to realize most of us have to pay for these items and saying they should charge more seems like a slap in the face to the average collector. :gah:

Yes that will help - please Sideshow charge more :mad:

He's talking about markup. Most of the time markup is at least 50% if not more in retail. He's saying that SS deserves their 30%, which they do.

The SS can do no wrong attitude is just rubbing me the wrong way lately. Look I am really happy he gets free stuff but he needs to realize most of us have to pay for these items and saying they should charge more seems like a slap in the face to the average collector. :gah:

I think he has only been getting free stuff for a couple months and all the years before that he had to buy just like the rest of us.

Most of the other retailers who sell HT in the US have pretty much the same prices. Sometime you can save a buck or two here and there, but in the long run they're all about the same. So IMO, it falls on HT.
That's because the other retailers who sell Hot Toys get their stock through Sideshow as they're the official US distributor, and Sideshow cut back on what they allow retailers to discount product by.

SS controls the pricing of their US distributors.

30% is not bad considering other things we buy that are marked up much higher. Not defending them but SSC is in business to make money 1st. They would go out of business really quick if they sold things at cost.
Right and I understand that but there's no mistake that people going off on Hot Toys don't just have them to blame. Sideshow plays a role in it too there's no doubt.

Apple products!!!! :lol

He's talking about markup. Most of the time markup is at least 50% if not more in retail. He's saying that SS deserves their 30%, which they do.
At the same time though while I get that they are in business to make money obviously, it isn't helping anyone (Sideshow, retailers they supply, or consumers) to give items a higher markup and sit on product and eventually having to discount stuff by 20-30% to clear it out. It would seem more logical to price a bit less both on Hot Toys' and Sideshows's ends so that consumers would feel better about buying up front.

Back