Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings no June code yet

Shows you Hot Toyz are overpriced. :lol

Has there ever been a better discount than 30% off and double rewards on RoboCop diecast, and also are there any known major issues with the figure? I know that ed 209 had major flaws with rubber. I'm only a casual fan of the movie but the figure would go well with some of my other 80s stuff.

There was a 50% coupon that worked for the Robocop with chair set, but not the individual figure (if I recall). But 30% with double rewards is about as good as it gets; don't go expecting 50% off coupons to show up regularly.

There was a 50% coupon that worked for the Robocop with chair set, but not the individual figure (if I recall). But 30% with double rewards is about as good as it gets; don't go expecting 50% off coupons to show up regularly.
Even 30% isn't normal. It seems like certain things lately have just been slow movers or over produced and Sideshow is just trying to get rid of some backstock.

I think it is the "new normal" for Hot Toys. Because they are overproduced, and often a bit overpriced.

Add to that there's just so many things coming out at once. With the prices they charge, people have to be a lot more choosey.

I think it is the "new normal" for Hot Toys. Because they are overproduced, and often a bit overpriced.
They are but I've noticed that a lot of what gets discounted are either things that carry big price tags (the armory set, Igor, Robocop with the mechanical chair) or Marvel items. I think with the Marvel stuff it's a case of being over-produced and with so many versions of their various characters coming out people probably cancel or don't order because they're waiting for the next version. A lot of items still don't get discounted and I don't think I'd really say it's normal. Just certain things Sideshow is sitting on and isn't selling without some incentive.

They are but I've noticed that a lot of what gets discounted are either things that carry big price tags (the armory set, Igor, Robocop with the mechanical chair) or Marvel items. I think with the Marvel stuff it's a case of being over-produced and with so many versions of their various characters coming out people probably cancel or don't order because they're waiting for the next version. A lot of items still don't get discounted and I don't think I'd really say it's normal. Just certain things Sideshow is sitting on and isn't selling without some incentive.
I think it's honestly becoming the new normal for collectors with the $400+ figs and sets. Why pay 600 bucks for something when if you're patient you can get it for half that? Most of the talk in the Gordon, Blake and Bat-signal thread was everyone saying they can't wait for deep discounts to get it. Hot Toys continuously raises prices so it's not going to stop anytime soon.

If they decide to sell only what is pre-ordered, then more people would probably be pre-ordering. But of course they're a business so they won't do that. But I have a feeling they may try a new strategy if everyone continues to wait on discounts and sales. I know AEC posted something about that in a newsletter but I'm curious to see what SSC does since I primarily order from them since the reckoning.

Since SSC are also distributors, they have an entirely different volume than everyone else and can typically play the long game. ;)

Since SSC are also distributors, they have an entirely different volume than everyone else and can typically play the long game. ;)
Ahh good point. Maybe I wait for Hulkbuster after all then ha

I think it's these larger sets in particular that are really not selling well, most likely because of the cost. The Batman Armoury and the RoboCop Chair have already had the large discounts and I'm sure the Bat Signal set will follow suit. There's also the Han/Chewie set and Batman Returns set still to come. How well are they going to sell once released? Will they end up discounted as well? They may fair better because they are cheaper sets with only 2 figures.
I think HT will rethink these larger 3 piece sets because $500 or $600 is a lot to spend at once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man, I remember the day when if you didn't get a HT fig fast you were out of luck... I think it all changed with Jack Sparrow. He seemed to be one of the first ones they really kicked up production #'s on and they haven't slowed down since.

I think it's these larger sets in particular that are really not selling well, most likely because of the cost. The Batman Armoury and the RoboCop Chair have already had the large discounts and I'm sure the Bat Signal set will follow suit. There's also the Han/Chewie set and Batman Returns set still to come. How well are they going to sell once released? Will they end up discounted as well? They may fair better because they are cheaper sets with only 2 figures.
I think HT will rethink these larger 3 piece sets because $500 or $600 is a lot to spend at once.

I don't mind paying a little more or pre-ordering something that has a great exclusive or that is a limited item, but these things are coming few and far between these days. Now HT are even over producing the so called limited items, like con exclusives.

Gone are the days when waiting to hit that order button and getting the white screen of death. :lol

Man, I remember the day when if you didn't get a HT fig fast you were out of luck... I think it all changed with Jack Sparrow. He seemed to be one of the first ones they really kicked up production #'s on and they haven't slowed down since.

:lol I was just mentioning this. Kinda miss those days. :(

If I'm paying $20 or $30 more and have it when it's first released I don't mind but when something like Igor is $150 less, why am I preordering these items?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the whole rock strike a few months ago have any impact on all of this extra inventory?

Almost all of the Avengers from the first film sold out and became more expensive down the line. I don't think we'll see the same thing with AoU. Could just be character saturation with so many versions available and future ones still to come. I do think they will make a lot more figures than they did for the first film though.

When was the last time a regular figure from HT sold out before or on release?

I think it's honestly becoming the new normal for collectors with the $400+ figs and sets. Why pay 600 bucks for something when if you're patient you can get it for half that? Most of the talk in the Gordon, Blake and Bat-signal thread was everyone saying they can't wait for deep discounts to get it. Hot Toys continuously raises prices so it's not going to stop anytime soon.
It doesn't all fall on Hot Toys if you ask me. A lot of times the prices they sell figures for overseas aren't so bad, but when Sideshow gets them and adds their markup they seem priced more than they're worth. Not that Sideshow should make nothing but it seems like they add a pretty big premium and they get to because they exclusively bring them to us in the US.

Sideshow has a 30% markup.

Back