Darth Sidious LSB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Darth Sidious", I believe is supposed to imply the PT. Those of you that are thinking that this looks off have got to get the OT out of your head.

If it said "Emperor Palpatine LSB" then, yes, I'd agree that it's not right.

"Darth Sidious", I believe is supposed to imply the PT. Those of you that are thinking that this looks off have got to get the OT out of your head.

:exactly:

This is a great bust of the PT Emperor Palpatine. We already have an OT 1:1 so this is a perfect PT LSB.

"Darth Sidious", I believe is supposed to imply the PT. Those of you that are thinking that this looks off have got to get the OT out of your head. If it said "Emperor Palpatine LSB" then, yes, I'd agree that it's not right.

topeka-bingo.jpg

I actually really like this so far. Since there is nothing but robes left in their interesting "cut" styling this is about as full reveal as you are going to get. If there is an NRD I won't order though, there haven't been Exs with this andI would need more time to see if I can budget it in.

I think it looks like a fine representation of a PT Sidious; but I would like to think that SS won't necessarily be redoing all the 1:1's in LSB.

:monkey1

Based on the fact that some of the 1:1 are fairly Iconic, I would imagine that they will do a good number of them. I'd love to get an Emperor Palpatine ROTJ eventually to go with this and I can't imagine them passing up the chance to do Vader or Boba Fett in this scale and we've seen the mock ups for Maul already... There should be some spacing between the two but the reality is they are for different collectors. Not everyone can be into the 1:1s but these are much more affordable and not many of us are dipping into all the scales so that isn't really too much of an issue with that.

I hope when they do get to Boba Fett (probably after a Jango Fett) that they do give them both jetpack sections, that is sorely missing from the 1:1.

I keep hearing that the jetpck is missing for the Fett LSB but I ask how do you include the top of the jet pack? That to me would look odd, although I have thought about making one to go with mine when it arrives.

I keep hearing that the jetpck is missing for the Fett LSB but I ask how do you include the top of the jet pack? That to me would look odd, although I have thought about making one to go with mine when it arrives.

So if you have thought about making one, how are you going to do it?

The same way you include half of the armor, you'd only need to see the portion that is sticking up over the shoulders and of course the missile and then stop it where you stop the actual bust.

In LSB it'd look slightly more awesome due to the cut in the bust which would also cut the pack in that portion as well.

Honestly, styrene and pvc pipe. A buddy of mine is a prop replica guy, and another buddy is pretty good with the ol' styrene. So I'll beg for their help. I think pvc pipe from the Home DE-pot is a good base. And I would have to come up with a stand that would compliment the Probe Droid style stand that the LSB come with. This is all just off the top of my head. You can do a lot with styrene and then cast that mother. Just sayin'. Back on topic, Sidious looks nice. Cody looked great in person, if I were to dip into this line I would stick with monsters, aliens, and humans with prosthetics.

The same way you include half of the armor, you'd only need to see the portion that is sticking up over the shoulders and of course the missile and then stop it where you stop the actual bust.

In LSB it'd look slightly more awesome due to the cut in the bust which would also cut the pack in that portion as well.

:lol So, "just the tip" of the jetpack Mike? Well I am going to attempt to make one, if it doesn't look like ____ then maybe I can offer up a couple to some cool boardies. I don't want to go to Dave jail. :(

I don't like the way sideshow dealed with the Star Wars LSB collection, the first launch Cody was ok but the 2nd bust was a real disappointment, nothing like obi-wan and also by means of following a line and putting more companion items after each other ANH Obi-wan was a bad choice after Cody of ROTS and now Palpi is coming which I don't like personally, the 1/6 GG bust is meeting my Palpi bust expectations better than this one.

I would love to see a Utapau Clone trooper or an Airborne Trooper LSB next to Cody :exactly:

I know the difference. It's obviously the senate dual Sidious. I still think the likeness is off by quite a bit.

Let's be honest. Sideshow could cut off Ian's head and put it on a base and someone would still _____ about the likeness. I'm looking forward to Thursday.

Looks exquisite and authentic to me. Those of you with a eye for fine detail should recognize that the Sidious makeup does include subtle pink highlights over the wrinkles.

I have been thinking all weekend about who this sculpt reminds me of and I finally found him. It looks like Phil Davis:

phil%20Davis.jpg

not Ian McDermiad.

So this is Sidious as like in ROTS and not ROTJ?
I hope so because I hated the look of Sidious... And there would still be hope for a ROTJ Emperor :D

Back