Premium Format Darth Vader Rogue One Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What looks great the price? The pose? Damn some will support ss no matter what they put out with the outrageous price that comes alone with it! I'm not ragging on anyone that like it but damn the line has to drawn at some point or else no one will afford these things anymore!

I hear you on the price man...However seeing this badboy in person at SDCC ..it looked incredible and had a lot of good buzz from folks at the display when I was there .Not only that I know several fellow collectors that have ordered... so to each there own.

I'm glad there is kickback on the price...but very happy with the sculpt... not the price.

Last edited:
I hear you on the price man...However seeing this badboy in person at SDCC ..it looked incredible and had a lot of good buzz from folks at the display when I was there .Not only that I know several fellow collectors that have ordered... so to each there own.

I'm glad there is kickback on the price...but very happy with the sculpt... not the price.

I saw it in person as well, but I think when I own IS Vader I can never justifying something that isn't as good spending more on the particular statue. I don't mind light up features, with or with out but not having one and then jacking up the price upsets me. I just don't understand the pose the price and the base. I hated all the disney star wars films, even RO but I do love that Vader scene I just don't see it in this statue. Also, this is the production piece and ss has a tendency to mess it up. I do hope all that like it get a good statue. But I just can not justify purchasing it for that price point. Even if it was 600 I wouldn't do it. If it was 550 and had light up and different pose I would. I just want to understand what pple see in this statue. I mean I saw it in person as well and wasn't to impressed! But again, to each their own. I have a bad relationship with ss anyways, they are lyer's and will rip you off if they could get away with it. Well. I hope the final piece pleases the ones that buy this.

I saw it in person as well, but I think when I own IS Vader I can never justifying something that isn't as good spending more on the particular statue. I don't mind light up features, with or with out but not having one and then jacking up the price upsets me. I just don't understand the pose the price and the base. I hated all the disney star wars films, even RO but I do love that Vader scene I just don't see it in this statue. Also, this is the production piece and ss has a tendency to mess it up. I do hope all that like it get a good statue. But I just can not justify purchasing it for that price point. Even if it was 600 I wouldn't do it. If it was 550 and had light up and different pose I would. I just want to understand what pple see in this statue. I mean I saw it in person as well and wasn't to impressed! But again, to each their own. I have a bad relationship with ss anyways, they are lyer's and will rip you off if they could get away with it. Well. I hope the final piece pleases the ones that buy this.

As far as the sculpt goes ..love the pose and the sculpting on the material... looks realistic..in fact if you watch some of the con coverage folks were not sure if the sculpted parts were material or sculpt. Love the base ..wish it had better ex parts...but no big deal to me. I went and studied the Vader Rouge one scenes and imo
looks right at home...someone posted screen caps from the scene on the various statue boards and yeah it works. Man there was huge buzz at the booth for it also...and once again in some of the con coverage you can here folks loving the piece...and again to each their own.

The IS Vader is cool but never did it for me...... I agree with you bro on the price...I do. Also not a fan of the Disney Star Wars films and I know we are not alone...look at the Solo so called flop and the trouble they are having with producers -re-shoots etc.. they are struggling with the property.

"aftermarket"

i have purchased the last 6 star wars pfs (exclusive where applicable) for much less than msrp. jyn & bb8 will be next.

Same here. Fools pay retail. Most times aftermarket is not that far off. I've gotten pieces for $100-$150 less than retail and free shipping within a month of release. Just have to look. The deals are out there.

As far as the sculpt goes ..love the pose and the sculpting on the material... looks realistic..in fact if you watch some of the con coverage folks were not sure if the sculpted parts were material or sculpt. Love the base ..wish it had better ex parts...but no big deal to me. I went and studied the Vader Rouge one scenes and imo
looks right at home...someone posted screen caps from the scene on the various statue boards and yeah it works. Man there was huge buzz at the booth for it also...and once again in some of the con coverage you can here folks loving the piece...and again to each their own.

The IS Vader is cool but never did it for me...... I agree with you bro on the price...I do. Also not a fan of the Disney Star Wars films and I know we are not alone...look at the Solo so called flop and the trouble they are having with producers -re-shoots etc.. they are struggling with the property.

Only problem with ss their **** will never be worth anything any more, with their high es and high prices, ruins everything. Where as this IS piece will only increase in price down the line. But those just buying for the love ya I don't see why once wouldn't buy this Vader, however again we are talking about the price, that's just crazy and something I could not get past. 700 my God what happened to this hobby. Plus you saw a production like myself who knows what the piece will look like or what short cut ss will come up with. Listen, I am not knocking the piece it's cool but again I don't think any other Vader will top IS. Even have cineamaquette Vader and I don't like it as much. I sold all my other Vader except those two. Cuz their just arn't any that top these two. I do however, hope ss makes this statue live up to your expectations when it is released, that is always a concern!

Only 500 for the EX.... :horror

How could one live if they missed a gun and helmet!! :lol

What a dumb exclusive. And you need to pay $15 extra for it. The price on this thing is a joke without any light up features, whether you'd want them or not.. $680 ($695 ex) I don't know what they are thinking.. I paid $450 for the General Grievous Ex with the cloak, and the Ex was the same price as the regular! The cloak which made the statue that much cooler was free!! Not something you throw at his feet. I talked to a SS rep back then at NYCC when the proto was on display and he said they were actually trying to get the lightsabers to light up with Grievous, but they were having issues with the arms being so thin.

That was a hefty price back then, but blows this away. This is a cool looking Vader, but it's just mind boggling as others have said. The previous one is still around with lightup saber, chest and belt boxes AND base that lights up too. And all for $150 less ($530). That's a bargain compared to this, bad pose or not.

This is a much improved Vader of anything SS has done before, IMO, I think they should be proud. The pose is a little over the top for me, which is why I usually prefer 1/4 poseable...but I can see this selling well. I’m happy to see the sculpts improving.

I actually prefer the last one. I think the pose is more fitting, the saber does light up and he's quite a bit cheaper as loki stated. It's amazing to me that SS goes and produces another one, with a monstrosity of a price tag, no light up features, an exclusive that doesn't add much to the statue and then expects it to sell when they still have inventory of the last one sitting around. They made 7500 of the last one, 500 Ex of the new one and we all know the non exclusive will be in the 2-4 thousand area.

Personally, I'm happy with the IS Vader in my collection. The only Vader I'll need.

Saw him yesterday at NYCC. The pose is too dynamic for my tastes.

yqTvQVo.jpg

No mate, we're not in the Iron Studios Darth Vader thread :D

Oh looks whos back the guy that works for side show, lol! Everything that comes out of your mouth has to do with IS Vader, wtf. I think you secretly love the statue. Or else you wouldn't be still thinking about it. The one that got away, poor man!

Oh looks whos back the guy that works for side show, lol! Everything that comes out of your mouth has to do with IS Vader, wtf. I think you secretly love the statue. Or else you wouldn't be still thinking about it. The one that got away, poor man!

Poor mastturbate, don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

This is a much improved Vader of anything SS has done before, IMO, I think they should be proud. The pose is a little over the top for me, which is why I usually prefer 1/4 poseable...but I can see this selling well. I’m happy to see the sculpts improving.

Your right it is selling well....Number one best seller for Star Wars ...Great job SS.

st1.jpg

Last edited:
Your right it is selling well....Number one best seller for Star Wars ...Great job SS.

I would imagine that is calculated daily, or maybe even more frequently. So given that everything else around this brand new listing has been available for months, or even years. It would be surprising if this wasn't currently topping the list. It doesn't say anything about it's desirability or how well it is selling really.

I love Vader, but I still just can't come to like much about this one at all sadly. I'm sure Sideshow will get him right one day, and we likely won't have to wait too long for the next attempt.

Poor mastturbate, don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Lol, that's where I know you from. Your childish antics, man I would think you could come up with something better than that buddy. You know you have come here on a few sites to troll me. Rather than talk about the statue. Your parents must be so proud of you. You have a problem with me you settle this else where than a site for statues dawg! Now get off of these sites your making yourself look even more childish!

Well, just so you know I have two IS Vader statues and having them increase in value is being wrong then, hell I will be wrong all day. lol!

I would imagine that is calculated daily, or maybe even more frequently. So given that everything else around this brand new listing has been available for months, or even years. It would be surprising if this wasn't currently topping the list. It doesn't say anything about it's desirability or how well it is selling really.

I love Vader, but I still just can't come to like much about this one at all sadly. I'm sure Sideshow will get him right one day, and we likely won't have to wait too long for the next attempt.

I have been watching it for sometime and since being put up for order it has been in the top slot for best selling Star Wars and in the top 3 in combined license categories sales .So that's very very good without a doubt. I really like it as I have stated before. Seen this in person at SDCC and was very impressed.
Hope SS can get one for your liking at some point .

Last edited:
Back