Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The point is that it has an open es so you can postpone getting it if you need to order statues that have an es. Just think of how many potential pre-orders many of us will make for statues that will be at comic con this year.

If you flexpay it now, you'll have paid it off before SDCC. It's not like everything they show at SDCC will go up for pre-ordering right away. Hell some of the stuff they showed last year isn't even up for preordering yet and it's almost a year past. Pre-ordering something that may get released in the next 2 years is going to affect your budget in what to purchase this statue this year?

You still have to pay the nrd for your pre-orders this year. In my case I have too much on order before comic con. I would have to get this after comic con. I'm not a huge Hulk fan but I can understand if they showed a Hulk lsf then some people may prefer to get that instead of the maquette.

@Spidey - You can just drop a deposit with your LCS and work out a custom plan that's even more flexible than SSC's. You won't miss out on other 'priority' orders that way.

Why don't you just flex pay it? If you don't get it now and wait just for ES edition statues then you might as well say you'll never get it because to be honest every year they release more and more that are must have for fans. The way it's going all statues will no longer have an ES, then what? You waited too long, and the mold they use to make this statue is now crappier and the last batch of the hulks end up worse than their original castings.

Bottom line, if you like it, and it looks awesome to you and it's something you would want in your collection get it, **** all the naysayers about ES and all that crap, just don't say you want it and be all indecisive and then state how it's one of the most impressive statues you've ever seen but decline to add it to your collection, that irritates me to no end. We should be in this hobby to collect statues and display them because they move something in our hearts and bring out our inner child, we should not be focusing on what it's worth down the line. Who cares if there's no ES and everyone can own it, the statue you own is yours and yours only. If other people own it, then they have similarly good taste.

Oh I probably will.... BUT... see below

The point is that it has an open es so you can postpone getting it if you need to order statues that have an es. Just think of how many potential pre-orders many of us will make for statues that will be at comic con this year.

Yeah ... EXACTLY.

I put a little away EVERY month into a statue account, and while it isn't HUGE, it will be more then enough to cover my Batman Ex Po (which I splurged to get a little bit from a fellow Freak), and when THAT is saved up for I will continue to save money for the Superman Ex I am ordering on Thursday. I am in my own way setting up my own flexpay account, but in the end I get to keep the little bit of interest that forms in the account, and IF something should come up I can simply use that money as I see fit INSTEAD of SSC having it where I can't get at it. For example if I have $350 at SSC locked away on a flexpay for Superman (which is 6 months from release) and another $350 on the Hulk, and say a Spiderman Com comes up for a GREAT price like one recently did ($600 for an Ex, but I missed out do to geography) then I have NO control there. Where as if I KEEP my cash in an account that $700 is MINE when I want it.

Now yes I have MORE then enough on say a credit card to pay for the Hulk Maq RIGHT NOW.... BUT... see below

If you flexpay it now, you'll have paid it off before SDCC. It's not like everything they show at SDCC will go up for pre-ordering right away. Hell some of the stuff they showed last year isn't even up for preordering yet and it's almost a year past. Pre-ordering something that may get released in the next 2 years is going to affect your budget in what to purchase this statue this year?

The thing is AJ is that I promised my wife that I WOULDN'T buy a statue UNLESS I have to money inhand to pay for it outright. Now I can ORDER one and SAVE the money for it, but I have to have the money for it by the time the order goes through. I haven't been doing this for long enough to save up enough to pay off the Hulk Maq outright, AND beable to pay off the Batman Ex if it comes out in August as it says it is suppose to. NOW if the Hulk Maq was in DANGER of selling out RIGHT NOW!!!! I would order it on FLEX RIGHT NOW!!! Then I would have to consider passing on the Superman EX, and getting a regular down the road, but it isn't.

The Hulk Maq is an AMAZINGLY AWESOME statue, and I don't give a RATS *** about ES or ANYTHING like that. I am just BEING smart as to how I do this so as to a) keep the deal I made with my wife when I started the hobby, and b)Make sure I can afford the statues I want when I want them.

Trust me when I say I am trying to get into the hobby in a SMART way. I would LOVE to just throw money at EVERYTHING I want, but I am not in a place to do that responsibly.

You still have to pay the nrd for your pre-orders this year. In my case I have too much on order before comic con. I would have to get this after comic con. I'm not a huge Hulk fan but I can understand if they showed a Hulk lsf then some people may prefer to get that instead of the maquette.

I love the Maq, but it doesn't have to be a priority RIGHT now. It is coming to my collection, it just will take longer then some.

@Spidey - You can just drop a deposit with your LCS and work out a custom plan that's even more flexible than SSC's. You won't miss out on other 'priority' orders that way.

I am considering it, but my LCS has a price that is a little higher then if I get it delivered directly from SSC. If I also get the Hulk Maq shipped to a buddy of mine in the States just before he comes home or before I go to see him I can save another $40-50 on what it would cost from SSC, and $90 from my LCS....... If the Hulk Maq sits at my LCS for an EXTENDED period of time I will try to haggel a plan for it and bring down the price.... I am pretty good with that kind of thing.

I am considering it, but my LCS has a price that is a little higher then if I get it delivered directly from SSC. If I also get the Hulk Maq shipped to a buddy of mine in the States just before he comes home or before I go to see him I can save another $40-50 on what it would cost from SSC, and $90 from my LCS....... If the Hulk Maq sits at my LCS for an EXTENDED period of time I will try to haggel a plan for it and bring down the price.... I am pretty good with that kind of thing.
That sounds good and I'm sure you ace at the haggeling bit. You can also check this out. Jason there is pretty much flexible with payment plans. I guess he's in Florida. All the best!

So, I just saw the preview pics on supes...really love how this looks. I am feeling the pain when it comes to price even though I had no qualms about dropping the 6 bills on Hulk. Just seems like the DC pieces are adding more fuel to the fire in appreciating the starting prices on these statues. But, of course, its superman so I can just accept it. The only thing I don't really like is the stuff around the eyes on the EX head. I hate it when they try to do effects with plastic or polystone. It looks bad and is always too fragile. I hope they go away from that or its just something they added for that one image.

So, I just saw the preview pics on supes...really love how this looks. I am feeling the pain when it comes to price even though I had no qualms about dropping the 6 bills on Hulk. Just seems like the DC pieces are adding more fuel to the fire in appreciating the starting prices on these statues. But, of course, its superman so I can just accept it. The only thing I don't really like is the stuff around the eyes on the EX head. I hate it when they try to do effects with plastic or polystone. It looks bad and is always too fragile. I hope they go away from that or its just something they added for that one image.

Well at least Superman will be at LEAST as TALL as the Hulk Maq, with the base of course, and the fully sculpted cap will add some hulk and size. Maybe that will help with the sticker shock.

You, amongst all, should like the Ex the most. It comes with the Red Mist! :wink1:
Seriously, the Ex head without those um, 'things' would look so awesome!

Does the red mist effect also come included with the PF or do we have to create that look ourselves? :slap Why dont they just list pics of the statue as it is rather than create effects in photoshop to make appear amazing! :lecture

:goodpost: if the mist is included then he would look fine. Otherwise I can't tell whats really there. :monkey4

:goodpost: if the mist is included then he would look fine. Otherwise I can't tell whats really there. :monkey4

It would be perfect if it just had the red eyes and the light up feature. that geo is just gonna look terrible. Sadly, I would still get the EX but my vote is for no wonky polystone effects...or at least make it removable.

I doubt Superman will be next to a new PF. Maybe Wonder Woman but he'll be next to Batman again most likely.

That spot's going to get real dusty by the mid of 2014 :impatient:

Well, it's occupied now, but it's his once he arrives. I don't mind waiting. Feels like I've been waiting forever, then rumors started about SS getting the DC rights, rumors turned to fact and then the reveal at SDCC. Seeing this in last week's newsletter was a surprise, I was betting on June or July. Just having him secured is one massive step closer to actually having him!!

Well, it's occupied now, but it's his once he arrives. I don't mind waiting. Feels like I've been waiting forever, then rumors started about SS getting the DC rights, rumors turned to fact and then the reveal at SDCC. Seeing this in last week's newsletter was a surprise, I was betting on June or July. Just having him secured is one massive step closer to actually having him!!

How could you be surprised I was saying it for weeks... Lol

Back