Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This piece is as close to perfect as any superhero sculpture has come. The other top piece is the DCD Batman vs. Killer Croc statue.

The Superman PF is something that is sorely "needed" since the DCD MQ Superman was so awful. The SSC version nails Superman PERFECTLY. The "angry eyes" ex won't be as good as the standard edition because Superman isn't an angry character. The standard edition really captures the determination and optimistic nature of the character.

:exactly::goodpost:

The Other Piece is Batman PF EX!!!!!!! not DCD batman vs Croc...still awesome piece..but Batman PF is PERFECTO! :rock2

The SSC Batman PF is nice for sure, but the DCD Batman vs. Croc is better for a number of reasons.

One is that it's unique. The Batman PF isn't all that different and not really any better than the DCD MQ verson. It's also another "Captain Morgan" pose of Batman on a gargoyle which has been done to death. I counted seven statues that had Batman on a gargoyle.

Another is the Batman vs. Killer Croc statue is dynamic and really demands a viewing from all sides. The Batman PF is very static and one angle is all that's required for viewing.

The Superman PF pose is generic too and the base leaves something to be desired, but its quality and execution and everything else is far, far, far, far, far superior to the DCD MQ Superman which is the only mass produced mixed media piece in that scale. I'd go as far to say that it's the best mass produced statue of Superman EVER.

As for non-mass produced stuff, this 1:2 scale bust is very nice

1247840-fc2475bf_super.jpg

on par or even better than the SSC bust.

"The Batman PF is not really better then DCD MQ version"...I know it's the Superman PF thread...but had to do it...
15wyrkk.jpg

e6vw2x.png

I disagree buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superman is not angry? Maybe 60 years ago, the modern superman is lot more interesting to me.

"The Batman PF is not really better then DCD MQ version"...I know it's the Superman PF thread...but had to do it...
15wyrkk.jpg

e6vw2x.png

I disagree buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it definitely doesn't compare to THAT DC direct version, but their original one is pretty darn close.

it definitely doesn't compare to THAT DC direct version, but their original one is pretty darn close.

Not even, I owned the DCD MQ and the pictures of the SSC Batman PF alone make it look like crap.

$%28KGrHqJ,!iIE9,Y6JEY%28BPlL,W2MGQ~~60_3.JPG

300131_press01-001.jpg

I'm not saying it looked like crap, but I am saying it doesn't even come close to the detail of the Sideshow piece.

Not even, I owned the DCD MQ and the pictures of the SSC Batman PF alone make it look like crap.

$%28KGrHqJ,!iIE9,Y6JEY%28BPlL,W2MGQ~~60_3.JPG

300131_press01-001.jpg

I'm not saying it looked like crap, but I am saying it doesn't even come close to the detail of the Sideshow piece.

by detail, do you mean the oddly shaped cape that is mysteriously flying on its own, or the seemingly overly large nose on the cowl? I guess you could be referring to the strange pose that looks pretty good from one angle, and totally awkward from others? :wink1:

I OWN the DCD Batman and it is a top notch piece and while SS's version is possibly slightly better, its not the "OMG, it Pawnz everything else" you keep wanting to make it out to be. I get it, you like DCD about as much as you like Jim Lee, but your way off base on the quality of their Batman Museum Statue.

by detail, do you mean the oddly shaped cape that is mysteriously flying on its own, or the seemingly overly large nose on the cowl? I guess you could be referring to the strange pose that looks pretty good from one angle, and totally awkward from others? :wink1:

I OWN the DCD Batman and it is a top notch piece and while SS's version is possibly slightly better, its not the "OMG, it Pawnz everything else" you keep wanting to make it out to be. I get it, you like DCD about as much as you like Jim Lee, but your way off base on the quality of their Batman Museum Statue.

Wow, you're way off base. I collected DCD for years, and I still love some of their pieces. But their MQ pieces, with the exception of Wonder Woman, were always shoddy attempts.

I'm so glad you OWN the DCD still, I sold mine, doesn't change the fact that know exactly what it looks like in person. The Cloth didn't fit right, the facial sculpt is cartoony, the belt is bulky and looks like it doesn't fit the statue, and the base is poor.

You can love that statue all you want, doesn't change the fact that my opinion of it based on owning the piece, not some misplaced hatred for DCD.

Get off your high horse.

Those two photos speak for themselves.....I'll shutup now and go back to my Batcave...:)

Wow, you're way off base. I collected DCD for years, and I still love some of their pieces. But their MQ pieces, with the exception of Wonder Woman, were always shoddy attempts.

I'm so glad you OWN the DCD still, I sold mine, doesn't change the fact that know exactly what it looks like in person. The Cloth didn't fit right, the facial sculpt is cartoony, the belt is bulky and looks like it doesn't fit the statue, and the base is poor.

You can love that statue all you want, doesn't change the fact that my opinion of it based on owning the piece, not some misplaced hatred for DCD.

Get off your high horse.

lol, really, coming from you? You basically do nothing on these boards all day besides running through threads telling everyone who disagrees with your OPINION, how wrong they are :cuckoo:

As for the statue, the cloth on mine fits perfectly, the belt is not at all bulky, although its color is disappointing, and I love the facial sculpt, probably a little better then the one of the PF you posted. Aside from the belt, the only thing that detracts from the statue is the base. I had mine repainted and now its prefect. Thats my opinion, I am in no way wrong for having it. I guess I got the opinion you hated DCD because all I have read from you for the last month is how bad their statues are and how poor Jim Lee's art work is. That or correcting everyone who hopes to see the PO go up before Spook.

He is not an angry character still, but he does have his moments.

It would be cool to have very different head sculpts to be able to dynamically change your PF every now and then. Angry/heat vision would work well for that.

Yea I think someone already mentioned it, but I did ask SSC via Facebook a few days ago when Supes PF was due and they confirmed that it is scheduled for a mid-November PO date

lol, really, coming from you? You basically do nothing on these boards all day besides running through threads telling everyone who disagrees with your OPINION, how wrong they are :cuckoo:

As for the statue, the cloth on mine fits perfectly, the belt is not at all bulky, although its color is disappointing, and I love the facial sculpt, probably a little better then the one of the PF you posted. Aside from the belt, the only thing that detracts from the statue is the base. I had mine repainted and now its prefect. Thats my opinion, I am in no way wrong for having it. I guess I got the opinion you hated DCD because all I have read from you for the last month is how bad their statues are and how poor Jim Lee's art work is. That or correcting everyone who hopes to see the PO go up before Spook.

I give my opinion and I argue for it. Didn't realize that was some how illegal. I guess I'm not allowed to do that. Thanks for letting me know. I'm sure glad we have you to let us know what can and can't be said.

I have NEVER said Jim Lee's art is poor. I've said he's a good artist more than once. I HAVE HIS WORK TATTOOED TO ME. All I have ever said is that he isn't the greatest ever as some have promoted here. I've also given examples.

More than one person has said this will go up for Spook, would you care to address all of them as well? Or do you solely have have an issue with me?

Yea I think someone already mentioned it, but I did ask SSC via Facebook a few days ago when Supes PF was due and they confirmed that it is scheduled for a mid-November PO date

The Batman PF is amazing, but quite honestly, my favorite PF so far in DC is Superman. SS just nailed it. I'm really hoping they don't mess up WW. And I REALLY hope they finally give us a good exclusive on Supes and WW because IMHO Batman was sadly lacking in that department.

The Batman PF is amazing, but quite honestly, my favorite PF so far in DC is Superman. SS just nailed it. I'm really hoping they don't mess up WW. And I REALLY hope they finally give us a good exclusive on Supes and WW because IMHO Batman was sadly lacking in that department.

That I agree with. Would have loved a third head, or a print, but the hardly noticeable batarang was kind of a let down.

I give my opinion and I argue for it. Didn't realize that was some how illegal. I guess I'm not allowed to do that. Thanks for letting me know. I'm sure glad we have you to let us know what can and can't be said.

I have NEVER said Jim Lee's art is poor. I've said he's a good artist more than once. I HAVE HIS WORK TATTOOED TO ME. All I have ever said is that he isn't the greatest ever as some have promoted here. I've also given examples.

More than one person has said this will go up for Spook, would you care to address all of them as well? Or do you solely have have an issue with me?

No speak for you!:thwak

Back