Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skaar is one of the best sculpts they have made, hopefully the Superman PF's exclusive head is good because as it is right now it looks like he wants to cry. The life size bust's expression is perfect.

Whether Skaar is one of SS's best is debatable. I had no idea there was a son of hulk before I saw the piece but wotevs if people dig it that's their bag.

I think the current Supes profile looks classic but I'm keen to see the alt.

out of all the sideshow statues I own, I can say that Skaar is one of my favorites because of the complexity of it. the statue has great detail and sculpt. It is just amazing. The Darth Maul Mech legs is also another good one, the red color would have made this a winner, sadly the color is more like a pale orange lol. nevertheless it looks great too.
I think that the current sculpt for this Superman is awesome! I love the fact the cape is sculpted and I really enjoy the shape of it.

I think Skaar from an execution standpoint is one of Sideshow's best for the Marvel Line. Reminds me of the old SS designs. Simple pose, fabric, true 1:4 scale, rubble base, etc. Alot of the new DC statues coming out, especially Supes and Bats, also remind me of the old SS quality and design. Simple, effective, iconic.

Honestly, looking at the Superman head sculpt it just seems to be designed to show nobility, at least from the angles in the last few pics I posted. I would agree that the bust has a great expression, but this one rocks too.

I won't take anything away from Skaar I do hope to own him someday, but Supes is one of my top 3 characters of all time, and that is going to make this a personal Grail for me, and I haven't even seen the alt head.

I'm in the 'no light up' crew - painted red eyes would be cool. Unless they include an AC adapter, I don't think many would ever use the light up feature with batteries and risk forgetting to remove them and finding their statue leaking battery fluid down the road.

Just finished Superman: For All Seasons - wow, one of my favorite Supes stories yet (usually the simple ones hit you quite a bit).

For All Seasons is a great read.

Sideshow might wanna work on his crotch fabric a little more. That above pic with the loose fabric looks a little sloppy =/

I also hope they do something about the seams where the shoulder/arm meets the chest. That's pretty distracting. Seamless would be sweet. And add some more detail to the belt, it looks kind of cheap.

It looks like older Supes. The alt head, at least in the concept art, looks like younger, angry Supes.

:exactly: I don't want the older Ross style supes looks ready to retire. He's looks like he's in his 50s. :monkey1 I hope the variant head is more towards the younger superman. :pray: .........again please don't blast me saying we don't want a superboy. I said younger superman and not superboy. :wink1:

Last edited:
The PF of Superman shown is perfect. I'm skipping the EX if it's young and angry. That's not Superman to me.

:exactly: I don't want the older Ross style supes looks ready to retire. He's looks like he's in his 50s. :monkey1 I hope the variant head is more towards the younger superman. :pray: .........again please don't blast me saying we don't want a superboy. I said younger superman and not superboy. :wink1:

:mad:..........:thwak

You have a strange concept of what 50 years old looks like. Ross' superman looks like a man.

Furthermore being angry is out of character for Superman.

Whether Skaar is one of SS's best is debatable. I had no idea there was a son of hulk before I saw the piece but wotevs if people dig it that's their bag.

I think the current Supes profile looks classic but I'm keen to see the alt.

No, it isn't debatable! That's a fact! From sculpt, to execution, to paints, to details, to extras! That's a fact!

Now if you want to debate on a topic like Skaar for favorite statue, Skaar is a better character than....., I like Hulk better than Skaar...etc. etc. that is a debatable topic.

Name me 10 other statues that top Skaar from a sculpt standpoint.

I am not saying this to get into a Supes or Skaar debate or anything like that, but some things are fact, some are opinion! Skaar is easily....EASILY.....one of SS's best, whether one likes the character or not!

I'm speaking from a technical standpoint mind you!

No, it isn't debatable! That's a fact! From sculpt, to execution, to paints, to details, to extras! That's a fact!

Now if you want to debate on a topic like Skaar for favorite statue, Skaar is a better character than....., I like Hulk better than Skaar...etc. etc. that is a debatable topic.

I am not saying this to get into a Supes or Skaar debate or anything like that, but some things are fact, some are opinion! Skaar is easily....EASILY.....one of SS's best, whether one likes the character or not!

Anything that's involves someones option IS debatable. Just saying...

out of all the sideshow statues I own, I can say that Skaar is one of my favorites because of the complexity of it. the statue has great detail and sculpt. It is just amazing. The Darth Maul Mech legs is also another good one, the red color would have made this a winner, sadly the color is more like a pale orange lol. nevertheless it looks great too.
I think that the current sculpt for this Superman is awesome! I love the fact the cape is sculpted and I really enjoy the shape of it.

You are wrong and that is a fact, and I am not talking about your opinion on Skaar. Opinions are NEVER facts, and they can always be disagreed with; especially when it comes to something as subjective as art. I hate Picaso paintings for the most part, and others love them. I am not wrong I just disagree with a popular belief.

A fact is that there are 1500 Skaar statues, an opinion is how great it is. I am not trying to be an ass. However, in the end opinion is not fact. Please don't assume you opinion is not up to debate.

Last edited:
I won't take anything away from Skaar I do hope to own him someday, but Supes is one of my top 3 characters of all time, and that is going to make this a personal Grail for me, and I haven't even seen the alt head.

Without a doubt Batman and Supes will be grails, despite the ES's. Way too popular for their own good lol.

Back