DID... contender even Hot Toys should watch out for?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raymond F.

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Never owned one or payed much attention to their stuff but they are upping the game, man. These are some of the most impressive figures Ive ever seen, better than many Hot Toys actually. These heads are out of this world.

80068-2.jpg

80068-39.jpg

c80070

c80070

80070-3.jpg

80057d-4.jpg

80056d-2.jpg

80056d-3.jpg

www.onlinedid.com

Yeah they are nice but Soldier Story isn't too far behind Hot Toys either, there DAK figure is awesome and a great value for what you get.

they are really nice. but the bodies that they are on suck bad..
the faces are nice and well done , outfits are good. weapons alsome..accessoires subperb. but again the bodies are not like hot toys..oh and i will buying did figures more..

Last edited:
I doubt their product will match the prototype as good as Hot Toys stuff, still..i have a few WWII DID figures and they are great for a figure under $100, you get your bang for your buck with all the functional accessories and well tailored clothing.

Looking at these new figures though, it looks as if Hot Toys bought out DID.

Last edited:
I'm very curious to see how their new figures turn out... they seem to be pushing the quality of their paint work. I have a feeling that what we are seeing as the prototype is what we'll see on the finished product.

DiD has yet to get any real quality lines other than their military and historical stuff, but if they did I am sure they could give Hot Toys and Enterbay a run for their money. I have always been impressed with my DiD figures, and even more so because of the reasonable price. I actually think their figure body is not bad.

When DID can engineer something that looks like this:

IronMan-TonyStarkMechTestVersion-4.jpg

4IronMan_Mark3BattleDamaged.jpg

We'll talk.

It's funny because those Iron man figures do not impressme much at all

The things that realy wowed me from Hot Toys were more along the lines of the Godfather, Original Predator, DX Joker, Wolverine etc.

I think the Iron Man Mark 3 and the BD retool is actually HT's worst figure in the last two years (besides Edward scissorhands)

Tony's head really impresses me but the rest is pretty meh IMO.

Speak for yourself. They're still technically impressive. No other 1/6 company is attempting anything of the sort. In that regard, HT stands alone. Also, their breadth and depth of product is staggering.

It's not that HT does one thing very well. Sure, their head sculpts are fantastic, but so are Sideshows. Their paints apps are exemplary, yeah, but so are Enterbay's. Their articulated bodies are awesome, but again, Sideshow (and even Medicom, among others) have caught up, almost. Their outfits are incredible, but other companies have done it just as well. It's that HT does all of these things tremendously and consistently well is what sets them apart.

As for DiD, yeah, the heads look fantastic. Are their final production units as impressive? Any pics?

Edward the worst? Granted the sculpt wasnt exact, but the rest of the figure was fantastic. You had a choice of a likeness issue or no figure. HT did the right thing.

HT is king, no doubt about it one bit.

The only thing I'd dispute is Sideshow has great head sculpts. I really do not own one sideshow head that comes even close to HT. Sideshow has done one or two heads that have impressed me but it was only in likeness, the only ones that really come to mind are Premium Indy and Terminator. Detail, paintwork and realism are all really below average IMO.

It's funny because those Iron man figures do not impressme much at all

The things that realy wowed me from Hot Toys were more along the lines of the Godfather, Original Predator, DX Joker, Wolverine etc.

I think the Iron Man Mark 3 and the BD retool is actually HT's worst figure in the last two years (besides Edward scissorhands)

Tony's head really impresses me but the rest is pretty meh IMO.

:horror
:rotfl
:peace

Back