Dinosauria: Stegosaurus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics everyone! I just got mine as well, but haven't had time to take pics yet. One question for owners - does Ma Stegosaurus's left hind leg (the one that does not have the peg) sit perfectly in her footprint? Mine doesn't and I'm wondering if mine is unique.

Thanks!

Mine has a little space around it..kind of like the foot is too small or the space too large ? It's not a big detraction or anything though. :)

Without a doubt an incredible and imposing piece. Beautifully done. I should be purchasing mine in the next couple of days. The size however is actually a down point for me. Personally, I think it's ridiculous. I know the rest haven't been to scale, and they really can't but to be the biggest maquette (which it looks to be, with the exception of maybe Spinosaur) is a little absurd :-/

Someone just REALLY liked Stegosaurus I suppose...not that the size bothers me much...but you would think the largest piece would be a T-Rex right ? The most popular Dinosaur of all time.

Oh well, it is what it is..perhaps this is just the biggest one..yet . ;)

Mine has a little space around it..kind of like the foot is too small or the space too large ? It's not a big detraction or anything though. :)

Agreed, not a distraction! Although because it doesn't sit perfectly in her footprint, she doesn't sit solid on the base and rocks a little bit when I gently try to move her. Does that happen with yours?

I want to thank everyone who was kind enough to post some pictures of their statue Stegosaurus (LOTRFan, Blade-of-the-Moon, wargrider):wave:thud::clap:wave:rock:flag

Very Welcome !

Agreed, not a distraction! Although because it doesn't sit perfectly in her footprint, she doesn't sit solid on the base and rocks a little bit when I gently try to move her. Does that happen with yours?

Yep, exactly..not unstable exactly..just a little off.

The largest will be Brachiosaurus :wink1:...

lol we can wish I suppose ! ;D

I suspect the size might have actually been a logistical decision. Smaller Stegosaurus models require smaller, thinner plates. Given the fragility of polystone, a thin plate would just be much more likely to snap, whereas a large model has bigger, beefier plates.

Or it could just be that... yes, someone really liked Stegosaurus. And I can't say I blame 'em.

I just got mine too. It's absolutely gorgeous, but it's HUGE. I was planning on putting it on one of my bookcases, but I'm afraid the weight of the Stego would snap it. Had to do a little bit of rearranging of my stuff to get it on one of my more stable shelves.

I actually don't think the weight is too bad..that said I did also place mine on a lower more stable shelf I built myself to take a lot of weight..it also houses the Spinosaurus maquette and an older television which is..weighty. lol

I suspect the size might have actually been a logistical decision. Smaller Stegosaurus models require smaller, thinner plates. Given the fragility of polystone, a thin plate would just be much more likely to snap, whereas a large model has bigger, beefier plates.

Or it could just be that... yes, someone really liked Stegosaurus. And I can't say I blame 'em.

Wasn't Stegosaurus the winner of the fan poll they did a long while back ? Maybe that was the reason for it ?

Possibly, although I would have figured Stegosaurus was kind of a given, for every company.

Good point.

Of course we haven't had a Triceratops maquette ( unless they think the VS piece is good enough..it's not.. ;D ) yet or a hadrosaur ( dinner doesn't count..lol ) or even a dromeosaur maquette which are also staples of most dino lines then and now. Not to mention some kind of marine reptile. ;)

If this line continues, I would like to see a properly made Ankylosaur. There aren't a lot of good ankylosaurs out there from major dinosaur toy/model companies so far.

Anyways, I do agree that Stegosaurus was a given, but due to vote results, it may have became a centerpiece for the line.

If this line continues, I would like to see a properly made Ankylosaur. There aren't a lot of good ankylosaurs out there from major dinosaur toy/model companies so far.

Anyways, I do agree that Stegosaurus was a given, but due to vote results, it may have became a centerpiece for the line.

I think Shane has the best Ankylosaur model so far..and David Silva has a neat one the pose is great on..just wish it were larger.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new Anky though..preferably in a VS Dio piece.

Just received my Exclusive Edition (#84/150) today.

I am surprised that there is no breakage this time. I have had breakage issues with the Apatosaurus, Spinosaurus and Velociraptor VS Protoceratops Dio.

I am very pleased with the Stegosaurus but I have to repack this due to lack of display space at the moment.

can someone please take a photo of this side by side with the t-rex for scale comparison.

Not exactly side by side, but you get the idea...

img0705ir.jpg

As i posted many times before, i would like to see a big predator next, like Giganotosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus or maybe Mapusaurus.

After Apato, Stego and Tupuxuara it´s time for another big meateater.

But also a Triceratops maquette in a dynamic pose and good size would be great... but if the dinosauria line continues i would be happy about every new piece.

@Blade: Thanks for your very nice pics of the stego, can´t wait to get mine.:clap

I am very curious if the SDCC 2012 will be a table with new collections Sideshow Dinosauria?:cuckoo::gah:

PS: is anyone on this forum will be at SDCC 2012? If someone will go, I ask to look in the names of those fans who do not have a unique chance of going to this mega-event ,and make more pictures and video with the new dinosaur Sideshow line:thud::hi5::yess::wink1::wave:rock2:bow:bow

Regards Yves!

Back