Director Tony Scott dead in apparent suicide

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TMZ has learned …
Scott’s wife told investigators the rumor that Tony had inoperable brain cancer is “absolutely false.”
Although the autopsy results have been deferred pending more tests, our sources say there is no evidence of brain cancer.

What’s more … we’re told Scott’s wife says Tony did not have any other severe medical issues that would have caused him to take his own life

https://www.tmz.com/2012/08/20/tony-scott-suicide-no-brain-cancer-tumor/#820sf

okay, finally saw True Romance,
it was okay, but, not great, pretty good story, I can see how with a better lead cast and Tarantino directing this could have been a little better
Patricia Arquette was horrendous, really cute chick, but awful role, couldn't stand her,
Christian Slater was pretty bad too, the highlights of the movie were the people with the least amount of screen time, Brad Pitt and Gary Oldman

the movie was okay, but the music was godawful too, could barely stand the bad music used for this,

the ending was the best, but I couldn't care for the fairy tale romance,

Patricia and Christian were pretty cheesy at times, if that was the point, pretty bad acting, I liked the scene where she gets all beat up because you see a good performance from James Gandolfini, but she ruins that scene with her childlike acting, like I said, even if it was meant to be, it was too much for me,

music really almost ruined this for me, the ending is the only thing that saves it, but really awful music lol

Last edited:
okay, finally saw True Romance,
it was okay, but, not great, pretty good story, I can see how with a better lead cast and Tarantino directing this could have been a little better
Patricia Arquette was horrendous, really cute chick, but awful role, couldn't stand her,
Christian Slater was pretty bad too, the highlights of the movie were the people with the least amount of screen time, Brad Pitt and Gary Oldman

the movie was okay, but the music was godawful too, could barely stand the bad music used for this,

the ending was the best, but I couldn't care for the fairy tale romance,

Patricia and Christian were pretty cheesy at times, if that was the point, pretty bad acting, I liked the scene where she gets all beat up because you see a good performance from James Gandolfini, but she ruins that scene with her childlike acting, like I said, even if it was meant to be, it was too much for me,

music really almost ruined this for me, the ending is the only thing that saves it, but really awful music lol

Interesting. I would literally rate that scene as one the most *unpleasant* scenes to watch in the last 20 years. And you didn't mention Chris Walken's legendary monologue and Dennis Hopper's follow-up? I'm very surprised.

One of the lowlights, which could have used a better lead cast, crappy music and all...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZMICczOzfQ[/ame]

Couldn't find one with Walken's lead in. :(

"Do you know who I am Mr. Whorley..."

Kids today.

Meh!

Kinda sad really.

I remember seeing it with a buddy of mine after he could not stop talking about it. (Glad i went)

okay, finally saw True Romance...

"horrendous"
"awful role"
"couldn't stand her"
"Christian Slater was pretty bad too"
"music was godawful too"
"pretty bad acting"
"she ruins that scene with her childlike acting"
"music really almost ruined this for me"

Never knew that such words could ever be used while talking about True Romance :monkey2

I've only seen True Romance once, but I remember it being a decent flick. I also liked Suicide Kings, which Walken acted in a few years later. :D

He can't be serious. :lecture
Hmm, you may have a point.

not-sure-if-serious.jpg

I really hope that the people that make money off the death(s) of others gets time in The Pit!

There was some guy that filmed a documentary about people jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. He setup a camera on a hill close by and made a movie about it.

Interesting. I would literally rate that scene as one the most *unpleasant* scenes to watch in the last 20 years. And you didn't mention Chris Walken's legendary monologue and Dennis Hopper's follow-up? I'm very surprised.

what I liked about that scene was James Gandolfini, he was both friendly and scary, it was a really good performance, I'm not saying I liked seeing the girl beat up, I liked how he played it, smiling at her while hitting her, that was really good because he felt scary for real, like, I know they were both acting, but he made me feel bad for her,

I did really like Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper's scene, made me laugh, really really great performances, I guess I Was really annoyed about the music and the girl's childish performance,
but you are right, easily the best scene in the movie besides the ending, it was the scene with them, really really good.

Never knew that such words could ever be used while talking about True Romance :monkey2

He can't be serious. :lecture

I am being serious, but seriously, she was pretty bad, she reminded me a little bit of Baby from House of the 1000 Corpses, A little bit,

notice that all my complains are of the same thing, the two leads and the music, I didn't have a problem with anything else,
that music felt like it belonged in the jungle book or something lol,
I guess my problem was with the girl, no one else, not the story, just the two of them felt kinda fake, they didn't impress me enough,

Back