Premium Format Dutch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dutch PF

Did they have grenades in the old pictures or did they just never have them on the vest in the first place?

No, they never had them. That's why I'm saying they could of added some, especially for the price we're paying.

Classic SSC. Nevah gets old.

Yeah but still. I can understand them screwin' up paint apps or scuplts but can they not cast a simple cigar?? How difficult is that? IMO, why fix something that aint broke? :dunno

Don't really like the new vest.
It used to look a bit like leather, now it looks like they used fur from a rabbit.

Nah. If it was wabbit's fur, it would've been priced more. As per traditions, it looks to be some cheap, velvet kinda stuff! :thud:

Cheers,
Neo.

Nice comparison pics. :)

I don't see personally any problem with the new photos. Still looks great to me.:dunno

I don't know if it's bad lighting, but he looks horrible in the new pics, glad I didn't order. Even the EB figure looks great in bad lighting, so :dunno

No it does not! It looks like crap(or a child toy) just like any other statue and figure with bad lighting.

I also feel like the background on the proto gives you that overall predator feel and subconsciously we perceive it better than the new pics they put up with a plain background. So I put the new Dutch on the old background. See what that would look like and I think it looks much better.Looks almost identical to the proto now. I bet if sideshow would have kept the same background some people wouldn't have even noticed :wink1:

What do you guys think?

6329851866_0dcc8dc594_o.jpg

Last edited:

I see the same paint apps and the fur vest with the jungle background.

Dont get me wrong, still a remarkable and nice statue, but far enough from the gorgeous prototype. Maybe they should have not show us that prototype :lol too high expectations I guess.

P.S. Note the shoulder joint to the polystone body, bravo :lol

Looks much better with the jungle background and I still it has to do with the lighting of the statue. There is, for exemple, a lot more shadow around the eyes than on the old pics.

I see the same paint apps and the fur vest with the jungle background.

Dont get me wrong, still a remarkable and nice statue, but far enough from the gorgeous prototype. Maybe they should have not show us that prototype :lol too high expectations I guess.

P.S. Note the shoulder joint to the polystone body, bravo :lol

lol different strokes for different folks, I do believe it looks slightly different, but not nearly enough to break the piece

Last edited:
Back