ECZamurai's custom fig's!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2mhaiok.jpg

How did you avchieve the bluish white effect on your Palpy?

:lol Did you mix blue with white paint or did you layer it?

Euuuuh.. I mixed it, but obviously also layered it for contrasts. The highlights are pretty much purely white, with about 10% light blue. Also a little skin color mixed in to not give him a mr. Freeze appearance.

IMO painted blueish white he looks more like an evil old man.

Painted pink he looks like a dirty old man.

250px-Herbert_-_Family_Guy.png

God would the emperor scare me as a kid in the OT. Made a big impression on me. But I always felt like in the chair scenes he had a bit of a pedophile feeling to him. Really. Whereas when he got up, and was walking he looked sinister.

I think the reason I like him blue-ish white instead of pink is that it also makes him looks less human and more.. pure evil.

You have to be gutsy to do it though, because it looks weird when you start doing it, it doesn't look good untill you paint his eyes the correct purple/red and his eyes the frightening yellow. Untill then he looks like a zombie.:lol

One of the things I decided bothers me is the totally unglamorous sleeves of the emperors robes. They show NO definition at all and really, no matter how you pose the arms, you can't tell what he's doing, because you can't see his arms.. Sideshow's material really need more weight.

Anyway, to fix this I sewed the sleeves shut under his arms, to show definition and make him look even slimmer.

ra2g7m.jpg

o52t6s.jpg

2w3ou1c.jpg

And a comparison, it's almost exactly the same pose, but you can see way more of the pose with the new sleeves, it still needs a little fune tuning, but it will look alot better and less puffy!

If you will not be turned..

2s1n7gl.jpg

And for fun, comparison to my first fail repaint, not resculpted yet, and cloak uncustomized, and VERY poorly futzed. :lol

IMGP3408.jpg

Last edited:
Back