English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pogba let his contract run out & left for Juve which left Fergie furious but he wasn't getting game time so who can blame him.

They do call Pogba the new Vieria, a player Arsenal haven't even come close to replacing. What a player he was.

Apparently Juve are willing to sell but they want close to 30 million for him which as far as I'm concerned is more than a fair price but Arsenal won't pay that because AW thinks you can still buy players like Bergkamp for 7milliom quid

Pogba let his contract run out & left for Juve which left Fergie furious but he wasn't getting game time so who can blame him.

They do call Pogba the new Vieria, a player Arsenal haven't even come close to replacing. What a player he was.

Apparently Juve are willing to sell but they want close to 30 million for him which as far as I'm concerned is more than a fair price but Arsenal won't pay that because AW thinks you can still buy players like Bergkamp for 7milliom quid

:lol:lol how much would Bergkamp be worth in this day and age! 60-70 million?:dunno

:lol:lol how much would Bergkamp be worth in this day and age! 60-70 million?:dunno

Yeah easy, the man was a wizard. If he was in a team like Real, Barca, City, Chelsea, Bayern etc You just wouldn't be able to buy him. Arsenal used to have him & Henry upfront once upon a time.

But hey were now got Giroud & some kid from Ligue 2 who wanted to be a postman :yess: :thud:

Yeah easy, the man was a wizard. If he was in a team like Real, Barca, City, Chelsea, Bayern etc You just wouldn't be able to buy him. Arsenal used to have him & Henry upfront once upon a time.

But hey were now got Giroud & some kid from Ligue 2 who wanted to be a postman :yess: :thud:

Henry and Bergkamp were a formidable force! Dont see patnerships like that too often....other title winning partnerships were Shearer and Sutton, Cole and Yorke...to name a few...

My favourite partnership, although they never won the title, were Cottee and MacAvenie!! :rock those were the days!

Thanks Corsair, thats right...Zaha. Do you agree that Pogba is indeed a talent that would be of benefit to Arsenal? The games i saw him play for Juve were too few and far between but what i saw of him was very pleasing. He is a very skillful player with the knack of scoring some spectacular goals, as he did last season. I just feel he suits the english game of fast and physical rather than the slower paced Italian game...

I only ever saw his League Cup appearances for United and he looked very promising....he was already way ahead of Anderson and Cleverley and his passing looked like it could develop to something like the same level as Scholes.

If he'd been given the amount of first team chances that they've had I think United's midfield wouldn't be as weak as it presently is.

Whether it was his agent pushing him into it or a loss of patience he made the mistake of verbally confronting Fergie with the inevitable result.

So yeah, I reckon Arsenal could do a lot worse than signing Pogba.

Last edited:
It's got to the point were I would be happy if Arsenal just bought anyone. Even Heskey even though he's **** & retired

What you'd do to have your faithful defense of Steve Bould and Andy Linighan back again! :rock

Legendary. Them 2, Adams, Keown, Dixon & Winterburn that was one rock solid defence. AW never even came close to replacing them & I honestly believe he wouldn't of been nowhere near as successful as he was without inheriting that defence.

Change of subject how do you think Juve will do this year Andy? Juve were my boyhood Italian team, still one of my favourite team's now. I actually grew up on Serie A.

I'm sure they'll win Serie A but I want to see them get further in the Champions League this season

:lol I can only laugh at this stuff now. Last I heard Willian was having a medical for you guys. Heard anything concrete man?

Nothing concrete yet. AVB is speaking to the press this afternoon so maybe he will say something. Something positive.

Legendary. Them 2, Adams, Keown, Dixon & Winterburn that was one rock solid defence. AW never even came close to replacing them & I honestly believe he wouldn't of been nowhere near as successful as he was without inheriting that defence.

Change of subject how do you think Juve will do this year Andy? Juve were my boyhood Italian team, still one of my favourite team's now. I actually grew up on Serie A.

I'm sure they'll win Serie A but I want to see them get further in the Champions League this season

I still think it will be a while before an Italian team wins the Champions League again or a Europa cup. Italian football is going through a transitional period at the moment while we sort out all the corruption that still infects our game - but its getting better. Despite how poorly we do in Europe its still refreshing to see the national side as the main rival to Spain. Germany have a great league but even Italy seem to have the upper hand when the two mighty nations face each other. Its just Spain are Italy's bogey team! Minus the 2012 Euro final, Italy should have beaten them in their first qualifying match of that tournament which finished 1-1 and then they should also have beaten Spain in the semi finals of the Confederations Cup this year!

As for Juve, you know what ...i havent been following their recent transfers so i dont know who's new....i recall they were wanting to buy Llorente from Athletic Bilbao (who i dont really rate)...we shall see...

to be honest, after Italy won the World Cup in 2006 i've kinda distanced myself from watching football...that day on the 9th July 2006 was one of the greatest days of my life! I was only 5 years old when we won the World Cup in 1982 so to re-live it again as an adult in 2006 was just amazing!

Chelsea won the game in the 1st half. They could of been 5nil up easily. 2nd half the slowed the game right down & killed the game off. Typical Mourinho style, they actually really impressed me.

Arsenal are weak. The defence is poor, Mertesacker isn't good enough & nor is Sagna anymore. I like Koscielny & Gibbs though

Arteta is a very good player but being played as our defensive midfielder which isn't to his strengths. Ramsey is ordinary, Wilshire is class but injury prone. Ox is still learning, Walcott is frustrating

Giroud, give him credit he tries but he is poor compared to our past strikers

& don't get me started on the Goalie

I think you got all that just about right. My thoughts exactly. I never understood why wenger plays Arteta screening the back 4. He played narrow left and more attacking for everton and was awesome. He does make a habbit of putting square pegs in round holes.

I love the way all the Real Madrid legends come out of the woodwork to add their two cents about transfers. Raul was quoted "Bale is a wonderful player and he will be a great addition to Real Madrid, but his price is too high," and "Tottenham overestimates in the price of Bale." They do???? It's not as if we're looking to sell him. Hell, they still owe us a ton of money for Modric too. If you want to unsettle a player you should be prepared to pay top dollar.

I'm starting to think he won't be going anywhere unless Real break the transfer record.

I love the way all the Real Madrid legends come out of the woodwork to add their two cents about transfers. Raul was quoted "Bale is a wonderful player and he will be a great addition to Real Madrid, but his price is too high," and "Tottenham overestimates in the price of Bale." They do???? It's not as if we're looking to sell him. Hell, they still owe us a ton of money for Modric too. If you want to unsettle a player you should be prepared to pay top dollar.

I'm starting to think he won't be going anywhere unless Real break the transfer record.

I would be extremely shocked if Bale didn't go with all the money Spurs are spending. I have a feeling the deal is as good as done but Levy is a clever chairman, he probably doesn't want the deal announced until there got all the players they want in. Put it this way if Spurs sold Bale & then went shopping for players after, every player Spurs would inquire about there value would suddenly rise 20% plus. Spurs have a partnership with Real, it's all planned & worked out IMO

Real must be having trouble getting a handout from the Spanish government or some other financial institution otherwise the deal would have been done by now.

All this questioning of the valuation is designed to save face in case the deal doesn't happen....it makes Spurs look like the ones at fault for wanting too much.

Real were the ones mouthing off about how much they were prepared to pay before they even made an official approach so if Daniel Levy has called their bluff and asked for crazy money up front then all credit to him.

Well, we'll see in ten days... I really don't want him to go. I remember how excited I was when Jol used him on the Left Wing for the first time.... Our squad was so unbalanced then. I don't think we had a single left footed player on the team before that. Damien Comolli was/is a moron.

Anyone know if the Erik Lamela deal to Spurs is imminent? If that deal and Willan both go through this will have been one crazy summer for Spurs.

Well, we'll see in ten days... I really don't want him to go. I remember how excited I was when Jol used him on the Left Wing for the first time.... Our squad was so unbalanced then. I don't think we had a single left footed player on the team before that. Damien Comolli was/is a moron.

Anyone know if the Erik Lamela deal to Spurs is imminent? If that deal and Willan both go through this will have been one crazy summer for Spurs.

There are stories that Baldini is tying u the deal in madrid for Bale, coentrao and lamela. If roma by Ba from chelsea, the could signal his move.
Bale will move. Its just a matter of how the deal will be paid and if coentrao is involved.
I wish him all the best. He is a really nice, grounded guy and a model pro. I just get the horrible feeling the price tag, fame and pressure will ruin him.

On another note, if we manage to pull off lamela and Willian, wow !
Lennon will struggle to get in the side.

Willian is awesome. Having a medical right now :yess:

Back