English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all due respect Vas, i just cant buy that...you cant blame the ref, thats the easy way out! I'm Itailan and i could blame the ref for every World Cup Final we lost! You dont give your team enough credit. I think they were good enough to beat Villa regardless of what was on the bench....

Name me the Aresnal bench for Saturdays game...a bench that doesnt consist of Gervinho and Chamakh is a decent enough bench :lecture :lol

The ref was crap...neither penalty should have been given. Let alone the red card.

Scary thing is, I don't think there will be a bench for tomorrow's game. :lol Too many players banged up.

I honestly think with Arteta back in the lineup we can compete with anyone in the EPL. Can we be better? Sure we can...we can add Neymar and Ronaldo and Messi and all the other best players in the world.

Chelsea didn't impress me at all in their win and though United looked good, I think they can be beat. Only City truly impressed me yesterday.

But that's just my opinion. :dunno

The ref was crap...neither penalty should have been given. Let alone the red card.

Scary thing is, I don't think there will be a bench for tomorrow's game. :lol Too many players banged up.

I am sorry but I can't get my head around that.

Firstly; Chelsea for the first 45 minutes were sensational! That is one of the most entertaining 45 minutes of football I have seen in a long time. The intensity in which they took the game to Hull and quality was in abundance.

Secondly; The ref was not crap. He got all decision spot on! The second penalty could have gone either way but he gave it and we have to deal with it. Santi should not have been on the pitch in the first place to give the ball away.

I am sorry but I can't get my head around that.

Firstly; Chelsea for the first 45 minutes were sensational! That is one of the most entertaining 45 minutes of football I have seen in a long time. The intensity in which they took the game to Hull and quality was in abundance.

Secondly; The ref was not crap. He got all decision spot on! The second penalty could have gone either way but he gave it and we have to deal with it. Santi should not have been on the pitch in the first place to give the ball away.

Exactly. And God knows why Podolski was brought on with 90 seconds to play. :cuckoo:

Exactly. And God knows why Podolski was brought on with 90 seconds to play. :cuckoo:

It's a cluster*****k situation we find ourselves in! I am sick of it! Frustrated up to the eyeballs with it! I am like most though, I love this club and I will always love this club. I pulled on my first Arsenal shirt when I was 4, I am now 32.

I remember at high school I was the uncool one supporting Arsenal, nobody supported them, it was either Liverpool or Man Utd. I stood by them then and I stand by them now, but my god I want changes!!!!!!

Just a quick point i want to make to the Arsenal fans out there...yes i understand all the fustration in regards to the lack of new signings and how the club is run...however, the point i wanted to make is that surely with the current squad that Arsenal pocess, they had all the capabilities to beat Aston Villa at home last Saturday!! Surely some of the blame should be put towards the current players...and not solely on AW and the board! If i was an Arsenal fan that had paid good money to watch that game then i'd be seriously pissed that they couldnt turn in a match winning performance against a lower half of the league team (no disrepect to Villa fans) on the opening day of the season!

On another note, if Arsenal want to start competing with the big boys again then the problem lies with the club selling off all their best players and not replacing them! Can you imagine how good a team Arsenal would be had they have kept Fabregas, Van Persie, Nasri, Eboue (Okay, maybe not Eboue!) :lol

Yeah true but on the flip side of that isn't it the managers job to motivate the players and provide them with a winning strategy if they begin to waver during a game. If he sees a glaring problem he should be able to apply a change of tactic or play a substitute that can do a job. I didn't see any of those things.

All you could see was Wenger being forlorn and grumpy on the sideline. Nothing new, nothing learned.

Sorry man but I just can't blame the players their motivation must surely be as low as the fans.

Hmmm I think you got that wrong lol.

I can see whats going to happen here. Arse lose and Fenebache dont win their appeal and get thrown out the champions league.

This made me laugh earlier lol.

Piers Morgan ✔ @piersmorgan

Spurs are leaving us for dead in this transfer window. Maybe we should just sign Daniel Levy and be done with it. #afc

This made me laugh earlier lol.

Piers Morgan ✔ @piersmorgan

Spurs are leaving us for dead in this transfer window. Maybe we should just sign Daniel Levy and be done with it. #afc

:lol I can only laugh at this stuff now. Last I heard Willian was having a medical for you guys. Heard anything concrete man?

Yeah true but on the flip side of that isn't it the managers job to motivate the players and provide them with a winning strategy if they begin to waver during a game. If he sees a glaring problem he should be able to apply a change of tactic or play a substitute that can do a job. I didn't see any of those things.

All you could see was Wenger being forlorn and grumpy on the sideline. Nothing new, nothing learned.

Sorry man but I just can't blame the players their motivation must surely be as low as the fans.

C'mon Ondi, these arent immature little 10 year olds playing a game of football for the first time, these are professionals of the game who earn staggering amounts of cash to run around and kick a ball for 90 minutes. They dont need to be fired up by Wenger, the fact the fans have all turned up in the thousands should be reason enough! Players get away with way too much for me these days! For you and me, that salary would be motivation enough...if they need motivation to kick a ball around the pitch for 90 minutes then they should **** off! I'll take their place!! I dont see it as Wengers fault at all. In my opinion, he is one of the best tacticians of todays game. I blame the players period! :lecture

I dont even support Arsenal...what do i care! :lol

I honestly think with Arteta back in the lineup we can compete with anyone in the EPL. Can we be better? Sure we can...we can add Neymar and Ronaldo and Messi and all the other best players in the world.

Chelsea didn't impress me at all in their win and though United looked good, I think they can be beat. Only City truly impressed me yesterday.

But that's just my opinion. :dunno

Chelsea won the game in the 1st half. They could of been 5nil up easily. 2nd half the slowed the game right down & killed the game off. Typical Mourinho style, they actually really impressed me.

Arsenal are weak. The defence is poor, Mertesacker isn't good enough & nor is Sagna anymore. I like Koscielny & Gibbs though

Arteta is a very good player but being played as our defensive midfielder which isn't to his strengths. Ramsey is ordinary, Wilshire is class but injury prone. Ox is still learning, Walcott is frustrating

Giroud, give him credit he tries but he is poor compared to our past strikers

& don't get me started on the Goalie

Chelsea won the game in the 1st half. They could of been 5nil up easily. 2nd half the slowed the game right down & killed the game off. Typical Mourinho style, they actually really impressed me.

Arsenal are weak. The defence is poor, Mertesacker isn't good enough & nor is Sagna anymore. I like Koscielny & Gibbs though

Arteta is a very good player but being played as our defensive midfielder which isn't to his strengths. Ramsey is ordinary, Wilshire is class but injury prone. Ox is still learning, Walcott is frustrating

Giroud, give him credit he tries but he is poor compared to our past strikers

& don't get me started on the Goalie

What happened to signing Julio Cesar in goal Steve? I thought he was a certainty to sign for Arsenal before the season started. Reason for Czesny's low confidence is because he's got no competition to keep him on his toes...bit like most of the Arsenal players really. No one is really fighting for the places so the side picks itself in effect :(

What happened to signing Julio Cesar in goal Steve? I thought he was a certainty to sign for Arsenal before the season started. Reason for Czesny's low confidence is because he's got no competition to keep him on his toes...bit like most of the Arsenal players really. No one is really fighting for the places so the side picks itself in effect :(

Money they wouldn't pay the ****ing money agh :lol

Arsenal are apparently after Pogba. So be worried Andy, your team will soon be getting an 8 million pounds bid for him :lol

Money they wouldn't pay the ****ing money agh :lol

Arsenal are apparently after Pogba. So be worried Andy, your team will soon be getting an 8 million pounds bid for him :lol

Although not playing a massive part in Juve's season last year, the games he did play were very impressive. Infact, i was surprised Man Utd didnt hang on to him as i rate him more highly than the guy they recently bought from Crystal Palace, what was his name...

Pogba wouldnt be the worse signing...youth, pace, a fantastic eye for goal....

Although not playing a massive part in Juve's season last year, the games he did play were very impressive. Infact, i was surprised Man Utd didnt hang on to him as i rate him more highly than the guy they recently bought from Crystal Palace, what was his name...

Pogba wouldnt be the worse signing...youth, pace, a fantastic eye for goal....

Wilfried Zaha was signed from Palace in January.

Paul Pogba was a victim of Fergie's loyalty to Scholes and Giggs and more tellingly, his misguided belief that the likes of Anderson and Cleverley were top class players.

Wilfried Zaha was signed from Palace in January.

Paul Pogba was a victim of Fergie's loyalty to Scholes and Giggs and more tellingly, his misguided belief that the likes of Anderson and Cleverley were top class players.

Thanks Corsair, thats right...Zaha. Do you agree that Pogba is indeed a talent that would be of benefit to Arsenal? The games i saw him play for Juve were too few and far between but what i saw of him was very pleasing. He is a very skillful player with the knack of scoring some spectacular goals, as he did last season. I just feel he suits the english game of fast and physical rather than the slower paced Italian game...

Pogba made a mess of himself before leaving. If anything United were better off without him.

I am completely out of touch with foreign footballers. I don't watch Spanish, French or Italian football at all. I have just youtubed Pogba and he looks great! Reminds me of Yaya Toure and Patrick Vieira. He has bite and tenacity as well as technical ability and a keen eye for goal. What are you waiting for Arsenal, he looks quality! I can't believe Man Utd had him and let him go :cuckoo:

Last edited:
I am completely out of touch with foreign footballers. I don't watch Spanish, French or Italian football at all. I have just youtubed Pogba and he looks great! Reminds of Yaya Toure and Patrick Vieira. He has bite and tenacity as well as technical ability and a keen eye for goal. What are you waiting for Arsenal, he looks quality! I can't believe Man Utd had him and let him go :cuckoo:

Fantastic comparison Ted, he certainly has the abilities to be like YaYa...

Now i'm hoping he stays at Juve! :rock Joke, i seriously think he'll benefit more as a player by playing in the Premiership

Back