English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

You guys did just enough to get through. Looked a little shaky at times though..might we see Sp*rs vs Barca next round?

:lol I really, really hope not.... I'm honestly hoping for Manu v Barca, since those are the two teams I feel we have little chance against.

Yeah, I heard the first half was a little rough but we played much better in the second half.... So Spurs, Barca, Shaktar, and Schalke have advanced....

I guess Chelsea would look like the only team going into next weeks games that you could call a pretty sure thing.... Inter and Bayern (0-1), Marsielle and ManU (0-0), Real and Lyon (1-1) are all very much up in the air....

:lol I really, really hope not.... I'm honestly hoping for Manu v Barca, since those are the two teams I feel we have little chance against.

Yeah, I heard the first half was a little rough but we played much better in the second half.... So Spurs, Barca, Shaktar, and Schalke have advanced....

I guess Chelsea would look like the only team going into next weeks games that you could call a pretty sure thing.... Inter and Bayern (0-1), Marsielle and ManU (0-0), Real and Lyon (1-1) are all very much up in the air....

Bayern will win as will Real at home. And I think Marsielle might pull an upset.

Great result for spurs. Didn't play well but were very strong in midfield and defence. Gomes didn't have to much to do tho i was disappointed we didn't play with any pace like we usually do.
Still, very tense game and we showed a side i didnt think we have.
Harry 1st english manager to get that far in the champs league.
Sandro man of the match again.
Bottom of the prem 2 years ago.
Last 8 of the champs league and sitting pretty well in the league.
Get in :)

since Terry Venables did it with Barca

Indeed he did. The then european cup.
None in the prem tho and sadly, the future's not bright for another english manager to do the same.

Here's a pic...to me this is a red card...at least a yellow.

x610.jpg

And here's the video of the red

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="https://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xhggjj"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="https://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xhggjj" width="480" height="360" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhggjj_barcarvpred57_auto" target="_blank">barcarvpred57</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="https://www.dailymotion.com/arsenalist" target="_blank">arsenalist</a>. - <a target="_blank" href="https://www.dailymotion.com/us/channel/auto">Watch auto videos</a></i>

As an Arsenal fan, that ____ above pisses me off to no end. FIFA, corrupt? Who would have thunk it. Every time I see that pic above I just want to throw up. Still, Arsenal should have played balls out instead of conservatively at Barca like they did at the Emirates in the first leg. But that first leg win came well before the defeat against Birmingham, the injuries, and the draw against Sunderland. And not being able to capitalize at all on those Man U losses. Hurts.

As an Arsenal fan, that ____ above pisses me off to no end. FIFA, corrupt? Who would have thunk it. Every time I see that pic above I just want to throw up. Still, Arsenal should have played balls out instead of conservatively at Barca like they did at the Emirates in the first leg. But that first leg win came well before the defeat against Birmingham, the injuries, and the draw against Sunderland. And not being able to capitalize at all on those Man U losses. Hurts.

You think that's bad? I've just read Nani may be fit again by the end of the month :lol

Congrats to manu. We can't seem to win a game at all. I knew that the loss in the Carling cup would ruin our entire season and I was right. :( We have no shot at the title and at this point I hope we don't get relegated.

And I won't even ask how Scholes wasnt given a red for that tackle in the 94th minute. MANU are at home and do tend to get the calls. And how in hell did he not get sent off for pushing 2 arsenal players. Not even a foul called. Just goes back to how bad the reffing in the PL is.

Last edited:

Congrats to manu. We can't seem to win a game at all. I knew that the loss in the Carling cup would ruin our entire season and I was right. :( We have no shot at the title and at this point I hope we don't get relegated.

And I won't even ask how Scholes wasnt given a red for that tackle in the 94th minute. MANU are at home and do tend to get the calls. And how in hell did he not get sent off for pushing 2 arsenal players. Not even a foul called. Just goes back to how bad the reffing in the PL is.

Scholes should have gone without question. 5-6 years ago he was still a great player but now he's just a useless little thug that needs dumping along with the rest of the garbage.

Aside from the ever useless Gibson I thought United's midfield was more effective without Carrick & Nani especially when Valencia came on.

The Da Silva twins made a great contribution and Smalling, Vidic & Van Der Sar were awesome.

Hernandez deserved a goal and an intresting partnership with Shrek seems to be developing........which sucks for Berbatov.

I still think Arsenal will win the league though.

Scholes should have gone without question. 5-6 years ago he was still a great player but now he's just a useless little thug that needs dumping along with the rest of the garbage.

Aside from the ever useless Gibson I thought United's midfield was more effective without Carrick & Nani especially when Valencia came on.

The Da Silva twins made a great contribution and Smalling, Vidic & Van Der Sar were awesome.

Hernandez deserved a goal and an intresting partnership with Shrek seems to be developing........which sucks for Berbatov.

I still think Arsenal will win the league though.

I dont think I have ever read a sentance with the words "scholes" and "useless".
He may have made a couple of bad tackles but he also hit 3 or 4 balls no one else would have hit on the pitch.
Probably the best player the prem have ever seen.
For a minute I thought it was april fools :lol

I dont think I have ever read a sentance with the words "scholes" and "useless".
He may have made a couple of bad tackles but he also hit 3 or 4 balls no one else would have hit on the pitch.
Probably the best player the prem have ever seen.

I think it's time some people took the rose tinted specs off. It's not 1999 any more, if Scholes were a racehorse he'd have been shot a couple of years ago. At least.

3 or 4 passes in a game that was already as good as won when he came on don't mean a thing and if he'd been sent off the couple of bad tackles could have given Arsenal a way back into things.

If such tackles were isolated incidents it wouldn't be so bad but it's every time he plays now and it's not like he's offering much in the way of assists or goals either so there's really no reason for him to be in the squad unlike Giggs and Van Der Sar who are still contributing in a big way.

Best player ever in the Premiership? Not even close.

I think it's time some people took the rose tinted specs off. It's not 1999 any more, if Scholes were a racehorse he'd have been shot a couple of years ago. At least.

3 or 4 passes in a game that was already as good as won when he came on don't mean a thing and if he'd been sent off the couple of bad tackles could have given Arsenal a way back into things.

If such tackles were isolated incidents it wouldn't be so bad but it's every time he plays now and it's not like he's offering much in the way of assists or goals either so there's really no reason for him to be in the squad unlike Giggs and Van Der Sar who are still contributing in a big way.

Best player ever in the Premiership? Not even close.

Lol you are a joker.
Scholes at the start of the season was uniteds best player by far before he got injured and id love to see his assist to goals in the games he has played this season.
He may not be box to box anymore but he is still one of the finest at making things happen, holding the ball and dictating play.
You hear it from many pro's in the prem and out and some of the true greats who have retired who regard scholes as one of the best.
Uniteds real problems start when Giggs and Scholes hang up there boots and need replacing.
He's the best midfielder of his kind to grace the prem.

Lol you are a joker.
Scholes at the start of the season was uniteds best player by far before he got injured and id love to see his assist to goals in the games he has played this season.
He may not be box to box anymore but he is still one of the finest at making things happen, holding the ball and dictating play.
You hear it from many pro's in the prem and out and some of the true greats who have retired who regard scholes as one of the best.
Uniteds real problems start when Giggs and Scholes hang up there boots and need replacing.
He's the best midfielder of his kind to grace the prem.

A couple of games at the beginning of the season....nothing since he recovered from injury unless you count the constant risk of reducing the team to 10 men as being beneficial.

The club should have started looking for long term replacements for Giggs & Scholes several years ago but nobody has come through the youth team and because they can only buy players on the cheap it severely limits the chances of signing someone good.......they may have got lucky with Hernandez but he's not a midfielder.

If the News of the World is to be believed which is admittedly a stretch Shrek will be off in the summer. If true that'll knock a few more millions off the Glazer family debt and pave way for what should be the first choice front line already ( Berbatov & Hernandez ).

EDIT
It's an all Manchester FA Cup semi-final. Another chance to silence the noisy neighbors is awesome although with the current squad I certainly won't take anything for granted.

Last edited:

Man Utd 2-1 Marseille

The good
Hernandez and ( although it pains me to say it ) Shrek were excellent.

Valencia looks sharp in his two sub appearances since he's been fit again.

The bad
Carrick & Nani returned and did nothing but give the ball away.......no suprise there though.

Rafael's hamstring injury.

Wes Brown is f'ing useless.

Here's hoping you draw Barca. :D

Bring it on!....some United fans clearly need a reality check and a thrashing by Barcelona would certainly do it.

Last time they played Barcelona won 2-0 and that was when Ronaldo was still in the team.........I can't see them fearing Nani to the same degree :lol

IF we can avoid real or Barca, I really fancy our chances of getting to a semi.
To be honest, the only way I see barca losing is in 90 mins and not over 2 legs.
They just look so strong and way ahead of anyone else.

IF we can avoid real or Barca, I really fancy our chances of getting to a semi.
To be honest, the only way I see barca losing is in 90 mins and not over 2 legs.
They just look so strong and way ahead of anyone else.

I think Inter would also give you a run for your money. I think it's going to be an Inter/Barca final. We'll see how the draw goes friday.

Back