English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

Man Utd 1-0 Bolton
WBA 2-2 Arsenal

Once again a poor United scrape a victory they didn't really deserve and Arsenal continue to crumble.

Neither side are playing like would be champions.

I was pleased at the Evans red card as he'll now miss a few more games which can only work in the team's favor.

Last edited:

Thats how titles are won :)

True, but past United teams won by playing nice football as well as grinding out results, now they're about as boring as Arsenal once were.

Last edited:

Defoe ____ing stinks.

He had one of those days.
Really dont know how we didnt score in that game. Dominant through out but fair play to the spanners, they held out and made it difficult.
We need to get back to winning ways and very soon.

He had one of those days.
Really dont know how we didnt score in that game. Dominant through out but fair play to the spanners, they held out and made it difficult.
We need to get back to winning ways and very soon.

The defended well and made it tough to get anything going... You're right though, we need points. Still only four behind Citeh with a game in hand but the Bindippers are getting closer and closer....

The Bale extension came as a bit of a shock... A team will have to come with a boat load of cash to pry him from us now.

If anyone bids for Bale in the summer it won't be United,

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/22032011/58/premier-league-united-owners-report-loss-100m.html

Calling the royal family of Qatar or someone with similar amounts of cash, save the club from the Glazer family ASAP.

Wow...over 100million pounds in losses. That is staggering. I know Chelskie had lost more in 2005 but you would think teams would learn from that. It is so financially irresponsible it makes my head spin.

Wow...over 100million pounds in losses. That is staggering. I know Chelskie had lost more in 2005 but you would think teams would learn from that. It is so financially irresponsible it makes my head spin.

Yep, the club is a Titanic heading for a BIG iceberg.

The defended well and made it tough to get anything going... You're right though, we need points. Still only four behind Citeh with a game in hand but the Bindippers are getting closer and closer....

The Bale extension came as a bit of a shock... A team will have to come with a boat load of cash to pry him from us now.

Its great that he has signed but contracts dont mean anything nowadays.
Players have to much power and the clubs are only protecting themselves.
I just hope Bale see's how he has improved under Harry and Harry can stay out of jail lol.
Id be really upset if modric left.

Most of the big announcements about players and contracts end up being a sham anyway, the same thing happened with Ronaldo when an agreement to sell him to Madrid had already been agreed and I expect the Rooney saga of before Christmas to have the same kind of ending in the summer especially in light of the recent losses that have been announced.

Fortunately he's returned to form in the last couple of weeks so he should still fetch a decent price.

Most of the big announcements about players and contracts end up being a sham anyway, the same thing happened with Ronaldo when an agreement to sell him to Madrid had already been agreed and I expect the Rooney saga of before Christmas to have the same kind of ending in the summer especially in light of the recent losses that have been announced.

Fortunately he's returned to form in the last couple of weeks so he should still fetch a decent price.

Im getting that feeling too and feel he may be moved on. I wouldn't be supprised if players get "perks" for contract extensions then move on a year or two later.

Well managed to do the impossible and get tickets for the madrid game :)
Really cant wait, the Lane will be buzzing :)

United are once again being linked with a £40 million move for Wesley Sneijder which I can only see happening if Shrek & Berbatov are sold and the Glazers actually allow the cash to be used for replacements ( unlikely )

Also being linked with Utd are Charlie Adam ( whoever he is ) and Everton youngster Jack Rodwell who may switch clubs in a deal that will send Danny Welbeck the opposite way.

Rather unsuprisingly there's been no news of clubs intrested in the likes of Carrick, Nani, Anderson and Evans.........I reckon most teams would pay United to keep them :lol

United are once again being linked with a £40 million move for Wesley Sneijder which I can only see happening if Shrek & Berbatov are sold and the Glazers actually allow the cash to be used for replacements ( unlikely )

Also being linked with Utd are Charlie Adam ( whoever he is ) and Everton youngster Jack Rodwell who may switch clubs in a deal that will send Danny Welbeck the opposite way.

Rather unsuprisingly there's been no news of clubs intrested in the likes of Carrick, Nani, Anderson and Evans.........I reckon most teams would pay United to keep them :lol

Carlie Adam who ever he is???
Mate you not been watching any other team other than united??
Charlie Adam has been outstanding for Blackpool this season.

Carlie Adam who ever he is???
Mate you not been watching any other team other than united??
Charlie Adam has been outstanding for Blackpool this season.

I only ever watch live games if they involve United if they're on live, other teams have little to no intrest for me unless it's a big international tournament where I get to laugh at all the plastic patriotism that occurs from Ingerland fans in my area......the flags sometimes last longer than the team does :wink1:

I used to be much more into the game but I tired of all the BS spouted by idiot pundits on shows like Match of the Day and all the childish "my club is better than yours" banter in the workplace that goes on made me distance myself from the game to a greater degree as I didn't want my life to be dominated by the sport the way it seems to for a lot of blokes my age.

I only ever watch live games if they involve United if they're on live, other teams have little to no intrest for me unless it's a big international tournament where I get to laugh at all the plastic patriotism that occurs from Ingerland fans in my area......the flags sometimes last longer than the team does :wink1:

I used to be much more into the game but I tired of all the BS spouted by idiot pundits on shows like Match of the Day and all the childish "my club is better than yours" banter in the workplace that goes on made me distance myself from the game to a greater degree as I didn't want my life to be dominated by the sport the way it seems to for a lot of blokes my age.

I still watch england all the time but I just think the whole thing is a bit of a joke.
We always fail in major competitions then call for changes yet we still pick the same has beens.
The way Fabio capello treated rio and reinstate John Terry is a joke and this is meant to be one of the "toughest" managers around..
Can someone tell me why Frank Lampard plays for england?
Great scorer for Chelsk but poor when he puts a white shirt on.

As for Charlie Adam, I actually think its great as most scots fail in the prem but this guy has come in pretty unknown and really showed what he can do.
There will be plenty after him and he deserves a crack at a bigger club if he decides he wants to leave.

I still watch england all the time but I just think the whole thing is a bit of a joke.
We always fail in major competitions then call for changes yet we still pick the same has beens.
The way Fabio capello treated rio and reinstate John Terry is a joke and this is meant to be one of the "toughest" managers around..
Can someone tell me why Frank Lampard plays for england?
Great scorer for Chelsk but poor when he puts a white shirt on.

As for Charlie Adam, I actually think its great as most scots fail in the prem but this guy has come in pretty unknown and really showed what he can do.
There will be plenty after him and he deserves a crack at a bigger club if he decides he wants to leave.

I think every manager starts off with the right intentions but they fall victim to FA politics and the reality that there just isn't enough world class players to form a successful national team.

Fabio Capello came in with the sort of reputation that suggested he'd be anything but a yes-man but it seems even he's decided to 'phone it in, probably because trying to teach English players a more cultured way of playing must be like banging his head against a wall........most of them can't even pass the ball to each other consistently, let alone anything else.

The ridiculous expectations placed upon them by the media and hardcore fans also doesn't help as there's this misguided belief that England have a divine right to win everything because of 1966.

They seem to forget the '66 squad had 6 or 7 world class players and Sir Alf Ramsey even left a goalscoring machine like Jimmy Greaves out of the final.

Nobody from the current crop of players would have made that squad.

The media always feel compelled to pin the nation's hopes on whichever young player is the flavor of the moment and then proceed to rip them to pieces if they fail to deliver....... it's happened with Gascoigne, Owen, Beckham & Rooney and it seems Jack Wilshere is the next in line.

For the England team to win a trophy again it will take a generation of good players and a manager with the ability to instill a winning mentality that can make average players believe they're superstars and good players believe they're unbeatable.

EDIT
Charlie Adam is Scottish? Maybe he can replace Fletcher as the token Scot!

Last edited:

West Ham 2-4 Man Utd
Arsenal 0-0 Blackburn

United made a textbook comeback after going behind to 2 penalties that on another day may not have been given.

Shrek has timed his return to form nicely although he's now in trouble for swearing into the camera during one of his goal celebrations :slap

Hernandez continues to scare the hell out of any defenders he comes up against and his introduction at half time was instrumental in the comeback.

Giggs and Valencia were excellent and Park put in a typically energetic performance so 3 midfielders did their job even if Carrick & Gibson didn't.

Even Berbatov looked unusually sprightly when he came on and the only real wobbles were at the back.....Kusczak never looks entirely sure of himself and Vidic was lucky to stay on.

As for the Arse they've been given chances to close the gap, but so far they just keep blowing them and a win against United at the Emirates is looking more and more vital.

It's not over yet but Arsenal can't afford to drop any more points as they're running out of games.

West Ham 2-4 Man Utd
Arsenal 0-0 Blackburn

United made a textbook comeback after going behind to 2 penalties that on another day may not have been given.

Shrek has timed his return to form nicely although he's now in trouble for swearing into the camera during one of his goal celebrations :slap

Hernandez continues to scare the hell out of any defenders he comes up against and his introduction at half time was instrumental in the comeback.

Giggs and Valencia were excellent and Park put in a typically energetic performance so 3 midfielders did their job even if Carrick & Gibson didn't.

Even Berbatov looked unusually sprightly when he came on and the only real wobbles were at the back.....Kusczak never looks entirely sure of himself and Vidic was lucky to stay on.

As for the Arse they've been given chances to close the gap, but so far they just keep blowing them and a win against United at the Emirates is looking more and more vital.

It's not over yet but Arsenal can't afford to drop any more points as they're running out of games.

The title is Uniteds. We missed too many points this season. Too few games remain to catch up. I love how Mr Rooney, who Manu fans say is so classy and mature, says "f_ck you" into the camera three times. What a nice face of the premier league he is.

Back