English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

I think Inter would also give you a run for your money. I think it's going to be an Inter/Barca final. We'll see how the draw goes friday.

They are a great side but I feel they will be worried of what we already did at there place then finishing them off at the lane.
The disadvantage will be they know all about us now and would probably double up on the likes of Bale...
To be fair, we were losing to young boys in our 1st campaign and were out and have managed to come through one of the hardest groups and beat both milans.
Its just a dream to be here and if we can benefit from another round, more revenue to put back in the squad, it would set us well.
Main objective is 4th and with the man city game moved, looks like we will have to go to there place and beat them for 4th again.

Fergie handed a 5 match ban. I was really amused with the way he tried to defend his comments. Reminded me of when Clinton tried to defend himself during Monica Lewinsky. I'm actually surprised that he did get the ban since he and the FA are so buddy-buddy.

I thought it was a fair review especially from a MANU supporter. It also seemed honest and not" MANU are best team ever and always play perfect and have the best players b*llcrap you normally hear.

Thank you :)

Honesty is something that I think is beyond some United fans, it's the only way I can explain the childlike insults they resort to when someone bursts the bubble they seem to live in.

A 5-match ban is basically saying free speech isn't allowed in football but SAF can still communicate to his lackeys during the game so it's not like it's a major problem.......maybe from a higher viewpoint in the stands he'll get a better view of which players need the axe.

I just read today that Bryan Robson is battling throat cancer :(

Given how much of a fighter he was as a player I expect he'll pull through but it's still not nice to hear of a true United great having
ill health of any kind.

Thank you :)

Honesty is something that I think is beyond some United fans, it's the only way I can explain the childlike insults they resort to when someone bursts the bubble they seem to live in.

A 5-match ban is basically saying free speech isn't allowed in football but SAF can still communicate to his lackeys during the game so it's not like it's a major problem.......maybe from a higher viewpoint in the stands he'll get a better view of which players need the axe.

I just read today that Bryan Robson is battling throat cancer :(

Given how much of a fighter he was as a player I expect he'll pull through but it's still not nice to hear of a true United great having
ill health of any kind.

I dont think Iv ever seen a Man U fan so the other way tho.
Would have to disagree with your Scholes comment. I really feel he has been one of the best over the past 10 years.
Such a great player and a model pro. Id even slightly disagree with the Nani comments too. He annoys the hell out of me with his falling over.. but I really think he has been one of your better players.
Still, each to there own and thats why we debate, talk, and banter football.
One thing I totally agree with is Hernandez. Looks the real deal and think he will score many goals.
Cant believe Bayern went out the other night.
Will be an in teresting draw friday :)

ps hope Robbo pulls through. Great player and captain.

Champions League draw is,

Real Madrid Vs Spurs
Chelski Vs Man Utd
Barcelona Vs Shakhtar Donetsk
Inter Milan Vs Schalke

My predictions for the semi finals
Real Madrid
Chelski
Barcelona
Inter

Champions League draw is,

Real Madrid Vs Spurs
Chelski Vs Man Utd
Barcelona Vs Shakhtar Donetsk
Inter Milan Vs Schalke

My predictions for the semi finals
Real Madrid
Chelski
Barcelona
Inter

Sounds about right to me...but I'm not a 100% sure on chelsea getting though.

Spurs and madrid should be interesting.

The legs favour us which may give us a chance. Very tricky tho.

Glad we drew Real... We have nothing to lose. And who knows? Maybe they'll be looking past us to Barca? That could be all we need.

Yep fair point. Be a brave man to bet against Harry pulling off another shock.
Im looking beyond Real and Barca to Man U in the final ;)

Yep fair point. Be a brave man to bet against Harry pulling off another shock.
Im looking beyond Real and Barca to Man U in the final ;)

I told my mate the other day that ManU would be the team I'd most like to face in the final.... Now, I'm day dreaming, so there's no need for any Manchurians getting on me, but how amazing would it be to somehow beat Real, Barca then ManU to become champions of Europe? Not to mention knocking out Milan and beating Inter during the entire process.... Sure, that sounds near impossible, but that would be glory beyond comprehension. If we ever had a chance to be champions of Europe I'd love for it to come against the most overwhelming of odds.

I told my mate the other day that ManU would be the team I'd most like to face in the final.... Now, I'm day dreaming, so there's no need for any Manchurians getting on me, but how amazing would it be to somehow beat Real, Barca then ManU to become champions of Europe? Not to mention knocking out Milan and beating Inter during the entire process.... Sure, that sounds near impossible, but that would be glory beyond comprehension. If we ever had a chance to be champions of Europe I'd love for it to come against the most overwhelming of odds.

Well to think we were out to young boys and then to come through and top the 2nd hardest group and beat both milans and the current holders is unthinkable.
I think the legs suit us with them coming to the lane last. We will need a fit bale and a fit vdv to stand a chance.
If we were to do what you say, it would go down in history and would be a long time before another debut side achieves that.
Looking forward to it.

Well to think we were out to young boys and then to come through and top the 2nd hardest group and beat both milans and the current holders is unthinkable.
I think the legs suit us with them coming to the lane last. We will need a fit bale and a fit vdv to stand a chance.
If we were to do what you say, it would go down in history and would be a long time before another debut side achieves that.
Looking forward to it.

Easy to forget how close we came to crashing out v YB, really. The first leg at theirs was a disaster.

And then tomorrow....:dumbo::dumbo::dumbo: (pigs will fly) ;)

:lol You know I'm just day dreaming... And really, when it comes down to it there's no other team I'd like to see Spurs beat in a final more than yours. ;)

Then pigs really would fly. Big ones, really really big ones.

Then pigs really would fly. Big ones, really really big ones.

Well, genetic engineering seems to be doing wonders now a days so maybe one day soon... Till then we'll just have Semi-Finals to look back upon.

article-1223130-007F926000000258-911_468x330.jpg

Sounds about right to me...but I'm not a 100% sure on chelsea getting though.

The 2nd leg being at home gives United a chance but it depends what damage Chelski do at the Bridge.

With the defence being so shaky if Vidic isn't there a lot depends on whether he's fit.....Smalling is good but if either Evans or turd Brown are alongside him it'll take a miracle for United to get through.

The 2nd leg being at home gives United a chance but it depends what damage Chelski do at the Bridge.

With the defence being so shaky if Vidic isn't there a lot depends on whether he's fit.....Smalling is good but if either Evans or turd Brown are alongside him it'll take a miracle for United to get through.

For some strange reason i can see Torres finally finding his form again MANU in the CL. Everyone knows he is due to break out at some point...despite what many people think I still think he's a great striker.

Back