English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 goals...how does this happen in soccer?

Suicidal defensive tactics against the best attacking team in the country.

Much will be made over Arsenal's team being so young but the average age of BOTH teams was 23.

Arsenal have a system of playing which can be nice to watch but they lack an effective backup plan and now they've sold their best player they look in big trouble.

did you see our defenders? that's how.

and so much for practicing set pieces this summer...that paid of really well.

Last time I saw a score like this was when the U.S. beat Barbados 8-1 in a World Cup qualifier. At least that was Barbados, man. :lol
But c'mon, Arsenal! :slap

Suicidal defensive tactics against the best attacking team in the country.

Much will be made over Arsenal's team being so young but the average age of BOTH teams was 23.

Arsenal have a system of playing which can be nice to watch but they lack an effective backup plan and now they've sold their best player they look in big trouble.

I'm really new to this whole EPL thing. At least I wouldn't consider a team of that stature giving up 8 goals. :panic:

Last time I saw a score like this was when the U.S. beat Barbados 8-1 in a World Cup qualifier. At least that was Barbados, man. :lol
But c'mon, Arsenal! :slap

I'm really new to this whole EPL thing. At least I wouldn't consider a team of that stature giving up 8 goals. :panic:

And we don't. Arsenal fans are not happy with this at all. This is the lowest we've been in 20 years. And sadly I don't think it's going to get any better. 8th place here we come!!! :wave

edit: sadly the EPL has turned into the Spanish league where only the rich, in debt teams will win the the title. Proper football fans will be rolling in their graves.

@bcm77, which team do you support by the way?

Also, this noob must ask what is the most anticipated match of the season? Is it ManU vs. ManCity?

way things are shaping up yes. it'll be the battle of the debts. :) citeh's 200 million debt vs. maun's 100 million debt. why keep proper financials when you can buy a title. :lecture Actually united might be even closer to city after this past season...both are WELL into the red and bleeding money.

And we don't. Arsenal fans are not happy with this at all. This is the lowest we've been in 20 years. And sadly I don't think it's going to get any better. 8th place here we come!!! :wave

edit: sadly the EPL has turned into the Spanish league where only the rich, in debt teams will win the the title. Proper football fans will be rolling in their graves.

It sounds like Major League Baseball with the Yanks/Sox thing. At least there is a luxury tax revenue system in MLB.

By the way, I don't see Thierry Henry in his prime walking through that door for Arsenal. :lol

way things are shaping up yes. it'll be the battle of the debts. :) citeh's 200 million debt vs. maun's 100 million debt. why keep proper financials when you can buy a title. :lecture Actually united might be even closer to city after this past season...both are WELL into the red and bleeding money.

"battle of the debts" :lol

EPL noob thought. I'm beginning to understand why it was a big deal for a national FOX broadcast of that champions league final between ManU and was it Barcelona? It was a route, right?

It sounds like Major League Baseball with the Yanks/Sox thing. At least there is a luxury tax revenue system in MLB.

By the way, I don't see Thierry Henry in his prime walking through that door for Arsenal. :lol

No.. henry is doing well with ny red bulls but he'll go back to arsenal one day as a coach.

and yes..it's become just like mlb. the teams with the biggest debt are in the top spots.

"battle of the debts" :lol

EPL noob thought. I'm beginning to understand why it was a big deal for a national FOX broadcast of that champions league final between ManU and was it Barcelona? It was a route, right?

a route? don't follow.

fox knows that with the hispanic culture in the us and that more kids play soccer than football it was an easy decision. they already own fox soccer and fox soccer plus so that was no stretch for them. that game made them money...easy money.

the day that the usa can figure out how to make money off soccer is the day we dominate the sport like we do with baseball, basketball, football and most sports. problem is that there is no money in soccer cause there's no commercials and kids can make more money playing football. the day a kid can make 20 million out of college playing soccer is the day we own the sport.

a route? don't follow.

fox knows that with the hispanic culture in the us and that more kids play soccer than football it was an easy decision. they already own fox soccer and fox soccer plus so that was no stretch for them. that game made them money...easy money.

the day that the usa can figure out how to make money off soccer is the day we dominate the sport like we do with baseball, basketball, football and most sports. problem is that there is no money in soccer cause there's no commercials and kids can make more money playing football. the day a kid can make 20 million out of college playing soccer is the day we own the sport.

:goodpost::exactly:

Sorry, I meant rout as in didn't Barcelona crush ManU?

@bcm77, which team do you support by the way?

Also, this noob must ask what is the most anticipated match of the season? Is it ManU vs. ManCity?

Man Utd.

The way things are going the Manchester derby will have greater significance than usual but after taking a 2-0 lead in the first half of the Community Shield ( the opener of every season between the previous season's league champions & FA Cup winners ) City crumbled in the second half and lost 2-3 so United have nothing to fear providing the new goalie doesn't let any soft ones in....he was much better today and even saved a penalty but still let one through his legs although it didn't really matter as was 3-0 at that point.

City haven't got the experience of dealing with the fixture congestion that being in the Champions League creates and since they bought their way up the table have already shown signs of infighting when a few results don't go their way which points to a lack of discipline being instilled by the manager who seems to share a similar problem to Arsene Wenger at Arsenal in that he has no backup plan when things go against them.

United got outclassed by Barcelona in 2 of the last 3 CL finals but there's no real shame in that because nobody else can touch them right now....it gives the club something else to aim for.

Man Utd.

The way things are going the Manchester derby will have greater significance than usual but after taking a 2-0 lead in the first half of the Community Shield ( the opener of every season between the previous season's league champions & FA Cup winners ) City crumbled in the second half and lost 2-3 so United have nothing to fear providing the new goalie doesn't let any soft ones in....he was much better today and even saved a penalty but still let one through his legs although it didn't really matter as was 3-0 at that point.

City haven't got the experience of dealing with the fixture congestion that being in the Champions League creates and since they bought their way up the table have already shown signs of infighting when a few results don't go their way which points to a lack of discipline being instilled by the manager who seems to share a similar problem to Arsene Wenger at Arsenal in that he has no backup plan when things go against them.

United got outclassed by Barcelona in 2 of the last 3 CL finals but there's no real shame in that because nobody else can touch them right now....it gives the club something else to aim for.

Infighting? Is that what rooney did last season when he stated he "never wanted to play for manu again?" Now all the united fans are kissing his ass. Amazing what a little money can do for all parties involved.

community shield is a joke of a game...if you guys take them lightly I think they'll beat you.

That's what I thought.

Yes..but barca crush everyone. Manu played them well but it was clear that they were miles apart in quality.

All I remember from that match was, "why is Barcelona on the ManU side of the field 70% of the game." :lol

Infighting? Is that what rooney did last season when he stated he "never wanted to play for manu again?" Now all the united fans are kissing his ass. Amazing what a little money can do for all parties involved.

All it takes is a few extra millions I guess. :)

Ouch!!! 8-2! Man U!

Arsenal is in trouble!

Man U is looking real good. I just got my new team jersey today. Looks to have been a good investment this year!

BPL :lecture

community shield is a joke of a game...if you guys take them lightly I think they'll beat you.

I'd 8-2 be you right now mate :nana:
Rooney's contract drama was hardly infighting but rather, a by-product of all the stupid sums of money in the game and the greedy SOB's within and around it (agents)
City's infighting surrounds spoilt, over payed players in their camp not liking each other very much. It doesn't help the fact their Carrington training pitch is right next to and in full view of a public footpath :slap It's great coz its also literally two roads away from my house:lol
BTW we dont underestimate any team. It's why we're the champ19ns :lecture

I'd 8-2 be you right now mate :nana:
Rooney's contract drama was hardly infighting but rather, a by-product of all the stupid sums of money in the game and the greedy SOB's within and around it (agents)
City's infighting surrounds spoilt, over payed players in their camp not liking each other very much. It doesn't help the fact their Carrington training pitch is right next to and in full view of a public footpath :slap It's great coz its also literally two roads away from my house:lol
BTW we dont underestimate any team. It's why we're the champ19ns :lecture

I think this city team is different than the others. I don't think there's going to be as much infighting...especially if they keep winning.

I think this city team is different than the others. I don't think there's going to be as much infighting...especially if they keep winning.

Would this be the same City that has a player who doesn't want to be there ( Tevez ) another one ( Balotelli ) that's constantly in the headlines for everything but his football including a bizarre incident where he was throwing darts out of a window at some trainees because he was "bored" and has had other players fighting on & off the pitch because of immense egos clashing all the time?

The Rooney saga was manufactured by his agent and was regrettable but it also gave him some time away to get his personal issues in order and he's now back to his best.

City will get complacent in the league and that will be their undoing....Bayern Munich in the Champions League could be a rude awakening as well.

Would this be the same City that has a player who doesn't want to be there ( Tevez ) another one ( Balotelli ) that's constantly in the headlines for everything but his football including a bizarre incident where he was throwing darts out of a window at some trainees because he was "bored" and has had other players fighting on & off the pitch because of immense egos clashing all the time?

The Rooney saga was manufactured by his agent and was regrettable but it also gave him some time away to get his personal issues in order and he's now back to his best.

City will get complacent in the league and that will be their undoing....Bayern Munich in the Champions League could be a rude awakening as well.

yeah but where was tevez yesterday? on the bench. and i'm still not sure if he won't be sold in the next 3 days.

Back