English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping Arsenal could get something from the game yesterday but utd just destroyed them.

They really need to get a few top players in before the deadline or they will really struggle this season, although we are just 3 games into the season so they shouldn't panic just yet.

I was in a wedding Saturday night so I set the Spurs game to record figuring I'd watch when I woke up, but when I got downstairs I found ants all over my cats food so I had to deal with that and while doing so I got a text from a friend telling me the final score... I went right to the DVR and deleted it.

We need to sell Modric RIGHT NOW.

I admire what Levy has done with the modric situation. Players that sign contracts should honour them. We gave Modric the chance to make him what he is today. We took the chance and as soon as we dont qualify for the champs league and someone offers stupid wages, he wants to go. You would have liked to think he would hang around to try and get us back in there....
I do admire what Levy is trying to do, everyone thought it would be another berbatov but know spurs fan would blame him for selling now.
We got beat by united and thumped by city but atleast all but modric wanted to play for the shirt, for the team and for the loyal fans.
If we sell now, it leaves little time to replace.
Not digging Arsenal but they should have sorted nasri and fabregas out in june giving them time to rebuild so we find ourselves in a similar position.
I dont want him there now but who do we bring in realistically ?

I admire what Levy has done with the modric situation. Players that sign contracts should honour them. We gave Modric the chance to make him what he is today. We took the chance and as soon as we dont qualify for the champs league and someone offers stupid wages, he wants to go. You would have liked to think he would hang around to try and get us back in there....
I do admire what Levy is trying to do, everyone thought it would be another berbatov but know spurs fan would blame him for selling now.
We got beat by united and thumped by city but atleast all but modric wanted to play for the shirt, for the team and for the loyal fans.
Not digging Arsenal but they should have sorted nasri and fabregas out in june giving them time to rebuild so we find ourselves in a similar position.

June? we should have sorted it out in march/april. and even if both nasri and cesc stayed, we still needed to add more strength. this summer transfer fiasco has been a joke.

June? we should have sorted it out in march/april. and even if both nasri and cesc stayed, we still needed to add more strength. this summer transfer fiasco has been a joke.
As soon as the season had finished, they should have gone and replacements brought in.
I just dont get Wengers transfer policies.
If its true that he bid 6m for cahill, thats a joke and a bit of an insult to the player.
The scharwzer deal was made public and didnt go thru over a million pound :slap
He needs to stop bidding with sofa change, listen to the fans and take the club forward.

In typical fashion we've done nothing to this point, Friedel and Adebeyor aside, and now will try to sort everything out in a day or two. Something is wrong overall. Modric's head had been turned, like it or not. Slap a price on him and tell Chelsea to meet that valuation.

Now we're looking at a surplus of issues: VDV, how bad is his injury? Can we even compete for a top four spot without Gallas and King on the pitch? I'd say no. Dawson and Kaboul are both far more effective when paired with one of the more experienced center backs. Daws can be slow to react and Kaboul, though I do love him, does not keep good consistent spacing. And of course our issues up front! I like the fact that we've brought Adebeyor on but it seems as if our sense of urgency in addressing any and all needs just isn't there... Stop screwing around with the Olympic Stadium crap, Levy and buy us some damn players!!

In typical fashion we've done nothing to this point, Friedel and Adebeyor aside, and now will try to sort everything out in a day or two. Something is wrong overall. Modric's head had been turned, like it or not. Slap a price on him and tell Chelsea to meet that valuation.

Now we're looking at a surplus of issues: VDV, how bad is his injury? Can we even compete for a top four spot without Gallas and King on the pitch? I'd say no. Dawson and Kaboul are both far more effective when paired with one of the more experienced center backs. Daws can be slow to react and Kaboul, though I do love him, does not keep good consistent spacing. And of course our issues up front! I like the fact that we've brought Adebeyor on but it seems as if our sense of urgency in addressing any and all needs just isn't there... Stop screwing around with the Olympic Stadium crap, Levy and buy us some damn players!!
I think the parker deal is almost there which would be a great signing. Vdv is quite bad. Torn hamstring so looking at 6-8 weeks :slap
Crouch apparently not going :slap
We need competition on the flanks especially the right.
Need cahill or samber.
Adebeyor could be a masterstroke . If he wants to stay, he will have to play well. If he's looking for a bigger club, likely, he has to play well.
Wednesday will be interesting.

Just got watching the barca villareal game...just walks away shaking head. Arsenal fans _____ed that cesc would ride the bench..he's got 2 goals and 2 assists in 2 games. :(:mad::mad::(

Man City's latest signing could be,

Owen Hargreaves.....and I'm not joking,

https://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11679_7138865,00.html

If Hargeaves had no connections with United they wouldn't have given him a second glance but because they released him from his contract in the summer due to his never being fit City will try and make United look like the bad guys for dumping him.

Their bid to upstage United at all costs gets more pathetic by the day.

Hargreaves was a suprise. It's a shame because he is a world class player when fit, hopefully he'll have better luck at City but I can't see where he'll play either. I'd liked to of seen him at Arsenal, it's good to see Arsenal signing players, especially after Sundays performance :horror

City only want Hargreaves for his behind the scenes knowledge of the United setup, too bad he'll only be able to tell them about the treatment room :lol

City do look pretty amazing this year, especially now that it looks like Tevez could be staying. There got nearly two world class players for each position. I feel they could still do with a Centre-Back of Vidic's quality though.

City do look pretty amazing this year, especially now that it looks like Tevez could be staying. There got nearly two world class players for each position. I feel they could still do with a Centre-Back of Vidic's quality though.

I disagree as I thought Kompany was the most consistant defender last season. Lescott doesn't look bad either. Maybe another quality defender for back up but they do look pretty amazing this season. When you consider the likes of Milner, Barry and Johnson would walk in most prem teams, they will probably find it hard to get a game now.
They now have the best squad and if United dont sort out the central midfield, they may just win the title.

Busy busy day at the Emirates...this is like waiting for a Sideshow PPO going up for order...keep hitting refresh over and over.

:panic::panic:

The way they dominated the "mighty" Swansea & Norwich and wannabes like Spuds should have the Premier League & European elite really worried :cuckoo:

The same could also be said of United only having beaten West Brom, Spuds and a severely depleted Arsenal.

Both teams have made great starts and played some nice football but the league isn't won in the first month of a season, something City fans seem unable to comprehend.

Keeping all those egos happy takes a manager with a strong personality and there's already been evidence of Mancini being unable to maintain discipline.

United's centre midfield is fine, Anderson finally seems to be delivering some quality and Tom Cleverley looks like a decent player as well.

All the talk about Sneijder was just that....United never made any official bid because Fergie trusts his younger players over another overpriced "name" who's only intrested in a big payday.

Last edited:
Back