English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EPL is the English Premier League.
20 teams play each other twice over the course of the season
1 Champion
4 European Champions league spots
Top 3 automatically go into the following years CL, whilst the 4th placed team has to go through qualifiers at the start of the season
5th spot earns you a shot at the UEFA cup and football on a Thursday night on Channel five :)
Bottom 3 teams get relegated to the English 1st division.
3 points for a win
1 point for a draw
0 points for a loss
Goal difference (scored/conceded) can work as an additional point if both teams are equal on points with highest GD bettering a lower GD

Man Utd are the champions of England and favourites
Man City have spent oil money to buy 2 teams and are in with a shout
Chelsea have been the recent challengers to Utd's dominance
Arsenal are always thereabouts as will be Liverpool and maybe to a lesser extent Tottenham...
Take your pick from the likes of Swansea, QPR, Wolverhampton & Stoke as favourites to get relegated.
As for the rest of the teams they fight to survive mid table year on year with no realistic hope of winning the league but staying up in the top flight where the money is and maybe pulling off a domestic cup win...

We'd need a lot to go right to win the league... or really, a miracle... Early exit from all cup comps would be a good start. Lots of luck and lots of injuries to key players from other teams, etc... The best I could imagine Spurs doing in today's game would be top four while winning a cup that same year, either League, FA or UEFA, er, Europa I mean.... There's miles of difference between that and, say, ManU, who could take a treble and still fail to register as one of the top United teams ever.

We'd need a lot to go right to win the league... or really, a miracle... Early exit from all cup comps would be a good start. Lots of luck and lots of injuries to key players from other teams, etc... The best I could imagine Spurs doing in today's game would be top four while winning a cup that same year, either League, FA or UEFA, er, Europa I mean.... There's miles of difference between that and, say, ManU, who could take a treble and still fail to register as one of the top United teams ever.

Just curious Rich, how did you become an EPL fan growing up in the bay area?

Just curious Rich, how did you become an EPL fan growing up in the bay area?

One of my best friends, VERY best friends, is from North London. About ten years ago, when you had to order games on PPV in my area, I started watching games with him. I never played soccer, just football and wrestling. I started getting more and more into the team, watching every week, following transfers, buying shirts every year, writting a blog for a couple years, etc. I've got the chance to see Spurs play one time live, when they visited the US last year. The money just hasn't been there for me to go to London to see Spurs play at White Heart Lane but one day I would very much love to go. :yess:

One of my best friends, VERY best friends, is from North London. About ten years ago, when you had to order games on PPV in my area, I started watching games with him. I never played soccer, just football and wrestling. I started getting more and more into the team, watching every week, following transfers, buying shirts every year, writting a blog for a couple years, etc. I've got the chance to see Spurs play one time live, when they visited the US last year. The money just hasn't been there for me to go to London to see Spurs play at White Heart Lane but one day I would very much love to go. :yess:

After that you can scoot down the road to the Emirates and watch a real team play. :nana:

Though I think we are doomed today in Italy...might be out of the CL. :panic:

:horror Wow that's a real honour dude! Glad it was useful to you :)

It's a nice reference cheat sheet. :clap And it will save me research time.

That's good stuff. Same thing happened to me couple years back when being introduced to cricket and the Pakistani national team. I even plunked down $130 this past spring to order the 2011 Cricket World Cup.:lol

After that you can scoot down the road to the Emirates and watch a real team play. :nana:

The real question is when does Arsenal play Tottenham? Have they played already?:dunno That's when the real smack talking starts. :lol

You'll have to excuse Eric (VASith), he's watching his team fight for their lives. :panic:

Fight and play like champions. Sorry spurs...we won't be joining you on the sidelines this year. :clap:clap

Great performance by the team....we needed this win big time. :exactly:

It's a nice reference cheat sheet. :clap And it will save me research time.

That's good stuff. Same thing happened to me couple years back when being introduced to cricket and the Pakistani national team. I even plunked down $130 this past spring to order the 2011 Cricket World Cup.:lol

The real question is when does Arsenal play Tottenham? Have they played already?:dunno That's when the real smack talking starts. :lol

Arsenal vs the spuds will take place Oct 2nd. Flosi has already booked a session with his psychiatrist. And made a run to COSTCO to get 3 cases of Kleenex. :lol:lol

Nice win for arsenal :rock

Could've gone tits up if that penalty had gone in though :lol

Could have, would have. Seems we have a keeper for the next 5-10 years. With all the ____ going on right now I thought they played very well.

Now go sign Gary Cahill, a lethal striker and maybe Bale from spuds. ;)

Edit: Seems the papers are in place for Cahill and Eden Hazard from Lille...yes please. :)

Really? Whatcha drinking? Maybe I've had it before!

Uncommon Brewery Baltic Porter...started with Dogfish Head Festina Peche then moved onto the porters. Now a Shiraz blend from Australia.

Uncommon has some good stuff..they only sell em in tall cans...no bottles. We've had a couple of diff brews from them and all are good.

As for the EPl i have 2 words for you...Thierry Henry.

302 Found

There will never be a striker as graceful as he was. My wife and I were lucky enough to meet him many years ago outside highbury at one of the gunner's last games at that stadium. class act and a true gooner!!

And people wonder why this is called "The Beautiful Game." :rock

Back