English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im very much focused on my own team aswell as to watching and taking an interest in others :wink1:
And your approach back is to brag about how many trophies you have won and when you did this/that...... pretty childish
Im actually supprised you even knew when we won the title or double even but google is a fine search engine :slap
Anyway if you cant handle debate or criticism about your beloved team, I suggest you go back to eating those prawn sandwiches!

I didn't need Google, I may not be a hardcore football fan these days but I know my stuff....the only English team that have a record that's comparable to United's, even better in some cases ( more European Cups ) is Liverpool....nobody else matters.

I tend to find most of the criticism United get comes from jealousy as the people doing the criticism usually tend to support teams that are not even close to being on the same level.

As for the prawn sandwich jibe, I've been a fan since the mid 80's when Ron Atkinson was still the manager so I'm hardly a glory hunter.

United's midfield may not be it's greatest ever but with the way they've started the season I don't think things are looking as bad as last year and I certainly don't think that panic buying another overpriced "name" who's only intrested in the paycheque is the solution.

Whatever Wesley Sneijder is now claiming I don't think there was ever any genuine intrest and if there had been it would have all been wrapped up before the season started.

So you don't watch any other teams and nobody else matters?

Spoken like a true Manchester United fan :lol

I rest my case!

I rest my case!

As I've said several times, I'm not as much of a football fan these days as I once was partially because I have other intrests that take up my time and also because I got tired of all the pissing contests.

The 2 biggest and most successful clubs in England are Manchester United and Liverpool and nobody else can come close to surpassing them for a LONG time so for me there's no point discussing any of it.

The only time I watch a live game is if United are involved, I am not obligated to watch anything else.

I rest my case!

As I've said several times, I'm not as much of a football fan these days as I once was partially because I have other intrests that take up my time and also because I got tired of all the pissing contests.

The 2 biggest and most successful clubs in England are Manchester United and Liverpool and nobody else can come close to surpassing them for a LONG time so for me there's no point discussing any of it.

The only time I watch a live game is if United are involved, I am not obligated to watch anything else.

Love the smack talkin' :yess:

Came on here and I thought the "NFL Thread" broke out. :lol

They have improved but its mainly due to the arrival of Ashley Young adding more pace, more goals and something a bit different. He also looks to have built a great understanding with Rooney.
Scholes has not been replaced and they lack leadership through the middle and when you name Uniteds spine and come to the middle, its a pick of three who are not quite good enough imo.
If they would have gone all out and added someone like nasri, modric, sneijder and maybe someone like diarra, they would have been pretty awesome and would be alot closer to Barca than they already are.

I agree that young has been a superb buy for utd so far. When I watched them against Arsenal (and I know arsenal were very poor) they were playing through the middle as well, as opposed to their usual down the wings. That was encouraging. Only time will tell if cleverly,Anderson, giggs and fletcher will do the job in the centre. I would have sold carrick to be honest.

A shame that Arsenal aren't even close to being a successful club. My how times have changed...most critics would place the Arsenal amongst the the top ever in the EPL. United never went undefeated.

But to most MANU fans no other team even matters...can't even look honestly at statistics...just blind love. :)

"i'm not obligated to watch.." wow my king..time you got off your throne. :clap time you spent some time amongst us lesser people. that's gotta be the most asinine post in this thread so far.

But to most MANU fans no other team even matters...can't even look honestly at statistics.

Here's an honest statistic,

Since the Premier League started in 1992/93 United have won it 12 times and never finished lower than 3rd.

If you can put your jealousy aside for long enough to cease the pathetic personal insults can you please tell me why I should be intrested in other teams?

Since the Premier League started in 1992/93 United have won it 12 times and never finished lower than 3rd.

If you can put your jealousy aside for long enough to cease the pathetic personal insults can you please tell me why I should be intrested in other teams?

I'm not jealous...just a bit peeved that you don't rate any other team than your own.

And I never mentioned you in my attack..i was referring to the majority of MANU fans...not yourself. Sorry if you felt insulted and defensive. :peace

In the entire history of the first division MANU have 19 titles and Arsenal have 13...you really think that's a huge gap?

Man City 3-0 Wigan

Aguero gets a hat-trick making 6 goals in 4 league games

Bolton 0-5 Man Utd

Rooney gets a hat-trick making 6 goals in his last 2 league games

Keep trying City! :lol

United's form has been very impressive but to simply laugh off City seems like a bad idea... Chelsea too for that matter.

I haven't written off Chelski, if United don't win the league they will.

City haven't got the collective discipline to hold it together over 38 games.

If they get a couple of bad results, all the egos will start blaming each other and Mancini hasn't got the strength to control them.

If Aguero continues scoring like he has been for the rest of the season he'll inevitably become a target for Barcelona, Real Madrid or that Russian team that's started throwing large amounts of money about.

His father in law ( Maradona ) will get in his ear and he'll be off.

At this stage the only concern for United fans is Dumb ( Carrick ) & Dumber ( Fletcher ) being back in the team.

A draw against Benfica was OK as it was the trickiest of the 3 away fixtures in the group but the attacking football that's blown away their first 4 league opponents was nowhere to be seen and it was only because of old man Giggs and the goalkeeper that they got a point.

I don't see Mancini as the man to take City to the next level, but at some point they will spend the money to bring in a proven winner to coach the squad, and when that happens, because it's not an 'if' it's a 'when', that talent will start to gel and they will start to dominate. United have a wonderful and talented squad, but it's Ferguson's management that makes them so consistent. Other teams are more talented in my opinion, but no where near as well coached.

I bet Wenger could do some damage with City's squad...

I don't see Mancini as the man to take City to the next level, but at some point they will spend the money to bring in a proven winner to coach the squad, and when that happens, because it's not an 'if' it's a 'when', that talent will start to gel and they will start to dominate. United have a wonderful and talented squad, but it's Ferguson's management that makes them so consistent. Other teams are more talented in my opinion, but no where near as well coached.

I bet Wenger could do some damage with City's squad...

No club that's spent like City has had long term success.

Real Madrid and Chelski have tried it and have had some success but both have been prevented from dominating by Barcelona and Man Utd.

Other teams may have more talented squads but unless they turn that talent into trophies on a consistent basis it's irrelevant.

City haven't yet got the mentality and because of their revolving door policy on playing and coaching staff it's debateable whether they'll ever get it.

Chelski are in a transitional phase as many of the Mourinho squad are past their best but they're still the only realistic threat for this season.

Spuds have neither the cash nor the manager to get any higher than they already have, the bindippers still rely heavily on two old crocks and Arsenal are not in the best of shape either.

With fresh rumors emerging about a £1.6 billion takeover bid for United by Qatar Holdings the possibility of United's debt being wiped out and the spending power restored is still there.

If that happens the Premier League would become a one horse race and overtaking Barcelona would be lot more realistic than it is now.

I just hope Fergie wakes up and dumps Carrick & Fletcher ASAP.

Last edited:
Back