Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Gung Fu and Rory for the advice! I've decided you guys are right and I will be contacting Enterbay for the body issues later today. Even if I have to wait for a new body like you guys said short term pain long germ gain and I think it's an excellent idea to inquire about getting just an arm. In the mean time I will be getting a spare body too for the other outfit and head. I'm moving in all of the middle of this though so I might need to halt a bit on this though grr!

Aside from the defects this s a really really great set! It's funny because the thing about the head... Looks good right? I mean as stock because believe it or not Rory I didn't touch the nostrils upper eyelids or anything else on the head! Only tried to blend the tip of the nose, which I feel is pretty smooth except if you look really really hard. The rest is exactly as is and I think it's a great paint job by in larg. So much so that I'm actually afraid if I get a replacement it won't look as good. Its a trade off, this morning when i looked at the head i felt ok, the arm bugged me though. It could have something to do with this being the standard set and not the expo head??

That’s good to hear Ray. Yeah, a little pain is better than a long term pain. I was thinking that you might be also purchasing an extra 2nd. body - so that makes it even easier for you to deal with the replacement body if you have to send it back for a replacement.

Btw, that replacing of just the arm is just a though I have that I wanted the rest of you guys to comment on. I am really not sure if it is a good idea or even possible. You guys know more about figures than I do, so Ray please make sure that Enterbay says it is possible (and easy) to fix by the customer (if it does not have a locking system when you click the arm on and it is supposed to be stuck there forever…). It might be a better idea to just send back the whole body and get a brand new one in return.

It is really good to hear that you like the set.

I'm still waiting on mine :impatient: I feel like I'm missing out :(

Hey DirtyPrettyAngel, which set are you waiting for: the Beijing or the HK set - and when is it due ?
smiley.gif

yeah..I wasn't really aware of it till yesterday..I just thought that they were just popping out the Evision system and leaving the original eyeballs there and not replacing it with the smaller pupil more detailed set of eyeballs..i'll just wait for the other head and see how the painted eyes will look..if not too happy with it..i'll just get a newer released BD head..I really would prefer the posable eyes :wink1:

Rob

Hey Rob,

Listen my friend I believe allot of people would be interested in both trading and even buying the original head with the original EVisino eye system as it might become a collector's item in a few years to come. Let us know if you need any help from us, as I am sure we could help you getting rid of it in a smooth way - I think even EB can help you get a replacement if you are not satisfied with it.

Let me know
smiley.gif

I finally broke down and getting the Enterbay set tomorrow from my local dealer (he's actually bringing it to my house). So i won't be working on this wip bad-boy anymore. Perhaps turn it in to an other Bruce or sell it. I'll share some pics when it arrives :)

Brucechair.jpg

Actually Rory I love the pics! There's a quality to them that reminds me of the artist hiroshi sugimoto who uses lighting and focus to create some cool atmospheric effects.

But you can't even see the figure... What the hell? ;) j/k

Rory, your pics are incredible! It looks just like Bruce.

:exactly::goodpost:

Amen to that !

....again Rorywan, without getting an acceptance from you first I am going to post some of these shots on EB ! I just can't help it !!!

I finally broke down and getting the Enterbay set tomorrow from my local dealer (he's actually bringing it to my house). So i won't be working on this wip bad-boy anymore. Perhaps turn it in to an other Bruce or sell it. I'll share some pics when it arrives :)

Brucechair.jpg

:hi5:

Welcome to the club Tubes78 !

I am looking forward to those pictures
smiley.gif

Btw, I think the custom figure you have already looks pretty awesome ! I really do. So I do not think you should get rid of that one.

I don't like the idea of painting rubber though for the arm issue. Sorry AXE I don't think it looks good, too messy. Paint ruins the translucence of the rubber.

Im sorry Rory but I beg to differ, I agree an original undamaged body is definitely the best way out... but here is my hand... take note that the skin had come out in the whole wrist area and also it happened as I tried to rub off the bracelet stains so it was a pretty substantial peel. If you put acrylic in your bare hands in a thin coat and let it dry, you'll see it peels off like rubber/skin
I used that exact property. I can bend my arm and it looks JUST the like the original arm.. unless you REALLY look into the are and stare or have a pic like the second one, you will notice light waves which are remnants of some brushstrokes which have dried into that rubbery material...

here are some pics taken 4 hours back... 44 hours since I painted it and now the paint has finally settled down to take its proper colour to match the hand and making that rubbery coating. I can even post pictures of showing the wrists bending to prove how well the acrylic can mimic the skin
dsc00790ne.jpg

dsc00792ej.jpg

Again like I said,getting a replacement is the best way. But for people like me who dont want the hassle, the wait, then the uncertainty whether the replacement will be good enough (Imagine sending a head back fora paintrub on the nose and getting one with a perfect nose but rubs on the chin... and it DOES happen) also I cant afford buying an extra body... So Ill continue with my doctor Herbert West style works on this :wink1:

aahh Axe, thats cool man, I didn't mean to be negative about your body touch ups. It's just for me at least that would bother me. The difference in texture. But I think you did an awesome job with it. As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, it's sometimes hard to remember when looking at big close up pics of these things how small they actually are in real life. I think you have done a great job of fixing something almost impossible to fix!
:clap:1-1:

Hey Rob,

Listen my friend I believe allot of people would be interested in both trading and even buying the original head with the original EVisino eye system as it might become a collector's item in a few years to come. Let us know if you need any help from us, as I am sure we could help you getting rid of it in a smooth way - I think even EB can help you get a replacement if you are not satisfied with it.

Let me know
smiley.gif

nah..I'll keep it :) plus it's all custom now..I took out the Evision system and did some eye surgery :wink1: had a spare HT BD DX04 head I got for cheap and took the eyeballs out of that one lol..I might even convert it to my own PERS system..pics will come soon..so busy at work and thanks Gung Fu !

Rob

Im sorry Rory but I beg to differ, I agree an original undamaged body is definitely the best way out... but here is my hand... take note that the skin had come out in the whole wrist area and also it happened as I tried to rub off the bracelet stains so it was a pretty substantial peel. If you put acrylic in your bare hands in a thin coat and let it dry, you'll see it peels off like rubber/skin
I used that exact property. I can bend my arm and it looks JUST the like the original arm.. unless you REALLY look into the are and stare or have a pic like the second one, you will notice light waves which are remnants of some brushstrokes which have dried into that rubbery material...

here are some pics taken 4 hours back... 44 hours since I painted it and now the paint has finally settled down to take its proper colour to match the hand and making that rubbery coating. I can even post pictures of showing the wrists bending to prove how well the acrylic can mimic the skin
dsc00790ne.jpg

dsc00792ej.jpg

Again like I said,getting a replacement is the best way. But for people like me who dont want the hassle, the wait, then the uncertainty whether the replacement will be good enough (Imagine sending a head back fora paintrub on the nose and getting one with a perfect nose but rubs on the chin... and it DOES happen) also I cant afford buying an extra body... So Ill continue with my doctor Herbert West style works on this :wink1:

Thats an amazing repair :monkey1 almost can't see the difference..

aahh Axe, thats cool man, I didn't mean to be negative about your body touch ups. It's just for me at least that would bother me. The difference in texture. But I think you did an awesome job with it. As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, it's sometimes hard to remember when looking at big close up pics of these things how small they actually are in real life. I think you have done a great job of fixing something almost impossible to fix!
:clap:1-1:

Thanks Rory, and I didnt mean to sound aggressive or anything incase it sounded like that. Your words didnt sound anything negative to me, I comprehended them to be more of a suggestion than anything else. And obviously a new better body is better than any touch up by anyone. :1-1:
Also the only reason even after I found do many defects in my set I didnt send it back was because I though it wasnt worth the time and hassle and uncertainties, specially If I could put in the effort to try sort it myself. I knew I would be putting too much effort into my paranoia while waiting for replacements :lol So I decided do it yourself was better than busting multiple nerves over an extended period of time!
Also since I seem to be modding my figure everyday, let me make a list of the defects in my set and how I fixed them

DEFECTS & FIXES
------------ ---------
Paintrub on nose repainted
Paintrubs on chin repainted
Skin peels on the neck repainted
Skin peels on the wrist as a result of me tryng to rid stains from bracelet repainted
Box came apart superglued edges
Adjusting screw in studio light came apart as nut came off superglued nut and fixed it
Handle on studio light broken superglued

My own mods:
-----------------
NOT happy with light BD on BD suit... repainted using very very very very dilute black paint (rather dark water?! :horror)
The crotch joints show sometimes so stuffed cotton in the gaps between the joints to make it look even (do too much of it and Bruce will look like he's packing like Shorty Mac)
Repainted face to make it more screen accurate. Initially made the stubble darker like Beijing proto but in the movie Bruce is completely clean shaved... so lightened it down again.. (too much hassle as I already had a paintrub bang on the middle of the chin)
Repainted the bruises according to Beijing Proto as screen accurate bruise below left eye killed the likeness somewhat...(didnt want Bruce too look too beaten up, afterall he should be the one kicking everyone)

phew! too much information... :slap

Of course Gung, they will just _____ about them anyway!

Hehe.. Are you talking about that ONE guy who said it looked as if Bruce where using eyeliner ? That guy is just full of shait and does seem to often speak out of his ass. There will always be total idiots like that - who usually does this only to feel "special" and get attention. I see this type of total negative behaviour on the Bruce Lee forum also. Don't sweat it (which I am pretty sure you do not do).

The funny thing is that he has been sobbing and moaning allot of the EB Facebook group without even having the set, and now it turns out that the lad actually has the it for order and just done the last payment (check OSB FB group)... Geeeeeez..... Haha.... :slap

Btw Rorywan, I am strongly considering putting you on a "No more GOD stuff untill next year" list on EBei (EB, eBay and Bei) with Liquid Larry... You have been warned....

:gah:

nah..I'll keep it :) plus it's all custom now..I took out the Evision system and did some eye surgery :wink1: had a spare HT BD DX04 head I got for cheap and took the eyeballs out of that one lol..I might even convert it to my own PERS system..pics will come soon..so busy at work and thanks Gung Fu !

Rob

You got me worried there for a while Rob, and now I have to be calling off the troops again…. (joking… hehe…) Looking forward to those pictures
smiley.gif

Here is an interesting backstory of the movie "Game of Death" I found on youtube. It is such a shame that we never got to see the movie fully conceptualized/realized by Bruce Lee himself. This was supposed to be a such an epic muli-layered movie. His original planned storyline was supposed to introduce the character's spiritual mentor, a elightened wiseman of Asian philosophy played by George Lazenby, who would make a brief appearance in a couple of scenes. Bruce planned on reintroducing him in other films he was going to make later. This a part of BL documentary. GOD part starts at 6:39

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prsZM7LH5fc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]‪Bruce Lee: "Legacy Of The Dragon" Documentary Part 4 of 5‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

(I have to admit guys. I've never seen a thread more codial and orderly. No hostility nor ignorance. Just plenty of hoorays, positive criticisms, and mature discussions/debates. I bow to you all. Much of the credit is due to all of you veteran members moderating the thread. :clap)

***Custom GOD Character Head Sculpts***

I've been trying to kit-bash to recreate all 4 "villians" of Bruce Lee's movie "Game of Death", and finding the right head sculpt seems to be the hardest part. (And probably modding up a Kareem body with two African TrueType bodies the second hardest.)

Do you or anyone you know have any experience with this ebay seller, "wantedyou"? She apparently will make 1/6 resin head sculpt of ANYONE if you simply send her a photo of the person. I've seen a thread on this seller in "customs" section, and most people seem to be pleased with her work. Detail is in the body of this ebay listing.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270742880922&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT

The likeness of her work seems to be a hit and miss. Some seems to be dead on while others not so much. But I am sure most of them will look very close once properly painted.

Anyone interested in doing a group buy to split the cost? It is $200 dolloars for the initial sculpt, but after that it is only $25-30 for recasts of the same sculpt. I want at the least Kareem HS, and I figure if 5 people chip in, it will come out to be $60-65 per person for the head sculpt.

Anyone?

(Oh and I think she also sells this very very interesting item as well. Poseable (wired) 1/6 hands that fits Hot Toys bodies. https://cgi.ebay.com/10-pairs-Wired...489?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a699bab1 Oh the posibilities! Price is right at 40 bucks for 10 pairs of hands. I just bought it!
EDIT: Stand by guys. I should've read the item description in the body before I hastely paid for the item. Even though the item title says "10 pairs" of hands, the description in the body says "1 pair" of hands. I just sent her a message asking her for a refund if it's not "10 pairs".)

Last edited:
Here is an interesting backstory of the movie "Game of Death" I found on youtube. It is such a shame that we never got to see the movie fully conceptualized/realized by Bruce Lee himself. This was supposed to be a such an epic muli-layered movie. His original planned storyline was supposed to introduce the character's spiritual mentor, a elightened wiseman of Asian philosophy played by George Lazenby, who would make a brief appearance in a couple of scenes. Bruce planned on reintroducing him in other films he was going to make later. This a part of BL documentary. GOD part starts at 6:39

(I have to admit guys. I've never seen a thread more codial and orderly. No hostility nor ignorance. Just plenty of hoorays, positive criticisms, and mature discussions/debates. I bow to you all. Much of the credit is due to all of you veteran members moderating the thread. :clap)
Ill bet you one of your GoD BD head sculpts that me and Gung and a lot of others in this thread know about all these details... :wink1:
Now when you sending me the head? :impatient:
:lol

And if you want to see a forum where only all these qualities you meantioned is maintained throughout, visit OneSixthWarriors. Unfortunately all these qualities make the whole online bbs system boring :monkey3

***Custom GOD Character Head Sculpts***

I've been trying to kit-bash to recreate all 4 "villians" of Bruce Lee's movie "Game of Death", and finding the right head sculpt seems to be the hardest part. (And probably modding up a Kareem body with two African TrueType bodies the second hardest.)
Anyone interested in doing a group buy to split the cost? It is $200 dolloars for the initial sculpt, but after that it is only $25-30 for recasts of the same sculpt. I want at the least Kareem HS, and I figure if 5 people chip in, it will come out to be $60-65 per person for the head sculpt.

Anyone?

The problem you will have is finding a 16inch or so body... to put the hs on

:exactly::goodpost::clap

I was thinking the same thing just now and I actually told Bei just now in a response to an e-mail he sent me. This good atmosphere is what I have been missing so much in the Bruce Lee forums, and I think that we are all contributing and show that we have responsibility to ourselves and others which keeps this a cool tread to visit. Btw, I think it is good to disagree and voice it, but it has to be done in a respectful manner - I think the term for this is "functional conflict" (which I think is what you mean with "positive criticisms" ?) which really is not a bad thing or negatively charged at all, because we should all feel comfortable about brining up something we want to say even though we know the other part does not agree.

:exactly::goodpost::clap

I was thinking the same thing just now and I actually told Bei just now in a response to an e-mail he sent me. This good atmosphere is what I have been missing so much in the Bruce Lee forums, and I think that we are all contributing and show that we have responsibility to ourselves and others which keeps this a cool tread to visit. Btw, I think it is good to disagree and voice it, but it has to be done in a respectful manner - I think the term for this is "functional conflict" (which I think is what you mean with "positive criticisms" ?) which really is not a bad thing or negatively charged at all, because we should all feel comfortable about brining up something we want to say even though we know the other part does not agree.

:lecture:goodpost::exactly:

Gung Fu should be Sifu Gung Fu :rock :clap :peace :rock

I think that has long since been debunked.
George Lazenby did fly to Hong Kong and had a few meeting and dinner with Lee shortly before his death, but it has never been clear exactly what role or movie they discussed.

When Lee's script notes for GoD were found in the late 90s there was no mention of that character ....and it does sound very odd that an Australian would be providing Asian philosophy to an Asian in an Asian movie :)

Back