Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't tell anything on the nose. Seeing what you've done in your customs thread I think you can easily handle that yourself Ray.

The arm is a little more of an issue, the peel would bug me too. Can the yellow marks be rubbed off?

thanks man yup those pics are post nose job actually... I forgot to snap a shot before because i was so alarmed i needed to try and fix it right away..

I tried to take water and even a little paint thinner but the yellow is stuck on all the way :(

would love some pics of your fix ups axe... without me saying you could not probably tell there was a rub on the nose, there is subtle yellower tones on the tips of the nose but what do you think?

the arm bugs me more...

Well the paint rub started it for me too... then Rory now you... ok one thing I know is I cant take pics as clear as you guys do. My 6 year old Sony Cybershot cant handle it... also I used sunlight from my window for lighting NO FLASH...
Please ignore the little dirt/loose thread stuff (residue from last nights works) also apologise if pics are too large

dsc00781og.jpg

dsc00783wd.jpg

dsc00785wd.jpg

dsc00787dg.jpg

And the hand... the whole skin had come off from the wrist...
dsc00788zn.jpg

dsc00789jq.jpg

would love some pics of your fix ups axe... without me saying you could not probably tell there was a rub on the nose, there is subtle yellower tones on the tips of the nose but what do you think?

the arm bugs me more...

picture5rpi.png

I like the little Jiu Jitsu mat burn on his elbow!:lol
I hope mine come with one of those!

Ray, I think your nose job looks fine. Good job man.
I don't like the idea of painting rubber though for the arm issue. Sorry AXE I don't think it looks good, too messy. Paint ruins the translucence of the rubber. I would either send it back Ray (if it bothers you) or pick up a new body for the second head and keep this one covered? Maybe put a couple of drops of blood on the spots?
That's a win, win!

One thing Axe mentioned: about being able to rub the paint off the head. I didn't find this to be true. Yes on the nose maybe, but this head really absorbs paint. The Enterbay skin coating takes the paint in, you could wipe dab the excess off, but it stains. Which is perfect for subtle washes.

Last edited:
I never got this figure...Did not care for it. But there is a
Enterbay RM-X1 bodies...$63

They are on ebay now selling for $133 NUTS!
https://cgi.ebay.com/Enterbay-Bruce-Lee-RM-X1-New-Perfect-Body-Shoes-D-/270781111046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0bcfdb06

Thanx for letting us know Moe. Actually we have already been covering the extra RM-X body being sold as a set with the shoes, socks and bracelet - but thank again for the heads up
smiley.gif

Maybe you can get your BD head from EBei :D I'm thinking the same thing with waiting to see some improvements (if any) with future releases. Maybe by that time, they will improve it enough that I won't have to bother Rory :D

BTW, I tried purchasing a BD head directly from EB, but it was a no go.

EBei ! That's pretty clever !!! Hehehe... :lol

I think I definitely get a 2nd. DB head - because of the pupils Rorywan mentioned, and probably wait till EB re-releases the set in September - and then maybe have Rorywan do his magic if it can be improved even further
smiley.gif

Karaoke Bruce :lol

Or judging from that pointing finger pose I would say Bruce doing a Elvis Presley impression ! "Thank you... Thank you very much..." Hehe...

On another note, I'm about to give up on bamboo poses, just can't find 1 I like. Frustrating :slap

Try looking at the bamboo footage in "Bruce Lee; A Warrior's Journey" and maybe you get inspired - and check out the tapping on the floor or the stance with the bamboo on the shoulder pose.

I've lost track, sorry guys - which pupils go with which set? Do the current sets not have the smaller pupils and people think maybe this will - or definitely will - be revised for the September batch? They make such a difference to the overall likeness.

I've lost track, sorry guys - which pupils go with which set? Do the current sets not have the smaller pupils and people think maybe this will - or definitely will - be revised for the September batch? They make such a difference to the overall likeness.

Assuming that it's not totally random Lejuan, the smaller pupils seem to be on the newer sets. They make a huge difference and the actual quality of them is superior.
:yess:

Thanks mate! Would you say the better eye treatment on the BD sculpt brings the two sculpts up to the same level in hand? The pics make it seem that way.

Dammit :( a couple defects. Small paint rub on the battle damaged head, I tried to fix it myself and I think it looks ok

The thing that bugs me more is that there is a rubber scratch/ peel by his right elbow and a yellow spot

It's not as bad as some of the earlier pics but it's still pretty troublesome.

I don't know if I should just leave it be ir seek out replacements. I'll post pics and let you guys be the judge

Been distracted by the defects but otherwise it seems cool so fat

Oh no…. I definitely can feel your frustration and pain here Ray - I know I would feel the exact same.

My suggestion is that you at least send back the body as I would not have been feeling good about at all having those flaws on the arm (even if I could fix it). It just should NOT be there. Just send EB an e-mail right away. IMO there is no need to wait or even think another thought about it as it is NOT something you should be settling down good with. You just explain in short what is wrong and also enclose a picture or two of it. This should be a very clear case that should easily be fixed with you getting a replacement body for that.

By the way guys, would it be possible to get just a replacement arm - or would it be too much of a hassle and risk to make the switch ? There was a guy on Facebook who got a broken foot (HK set) and EB offered to send him a replacement foot for him do repair himself and without him having to send back the whole body, or - if he wanted to - have him send the body back and then get a replacement or have it fixed.

The head on the other hand is something that needs more consideration as I know you are an artist to custom heads. If you have the EVision eye system and it is not crooked, then I would strongly consider keeping it and try to fix it myself (if I where you that is with your expertise). If it is not the EVision eye system head, then I would also have that replaced with a brand new one in flawless condition.

As LeJuan puts it so perfectly: It's only a short-term hassle and you should have a perfect figure. Period ! I am also pretty sure you will feel much more satisfied (and have a peace at heart) that you went to the trouble of getting a replacement.

Keep us posted Ray !

Thanks mate! Would you say the better eye treatment on the BD sculpt brings the two sculpts up to the same level in hand? The pics make it seem that way.

No, not quite. There is still something about the BD sculpt which doesn't feel as "real" as the smiling sculpt. Thats why I tried to touch it up. But the eyes IMO are a major improvement.

I would say Ray's BD head is pretty much identical to mine (pre-repaint). The paint app is thicker and the eyes are better.

First a couple more head comparison shots.
BL11.jpg

That is awesome Rory!!! I noticed what you're saying about pupils. I looked through some head shots I took of HK set, and the pupils ARE smaller than Beijing set. It didn't have any natural redness effect tho. I hope the replacement from EB has all the latest improvement to the headsculpt.

This Terminator head I stripped off the factory paint and it was almost pure white underneath and i did the whole thing minus the eye(s) and lips with pencil crayon and pastel... its hard to see because i didn't light these properly, it's an iphone and an underlit/ low depth of field pic but i think this might be the only way I'm able to pull off refining the BD BL sculpt. Still don't think I could get it to look as good as yours though.

picture2in.png

14974982.jpg

:horror That is so shockingly good, Ray! :clap I have used the pastel/dry brush technique for very minor touch ups. Now I am trying to get into complete HS repaints. What type of airbrush/compressor are you using? My crappy Testor's is....exactly that, crappy.

and if i get a spare body this is the one i could just leave covered up i guess... but its kind of about the principal of the thing i think...

Exactly. I think you should notify EB of your defects, and send the body back at least as Gung Fu suggested. Your HS touch-up job is superb! Better than any HS off EB production line. :clap But it IS about the principal of things. I wrote a long e-mail to [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] detailing my issues. If people do not notify EB of these issues, they are less likely to take corrective measures.

Last edited:
I am seeing that I have to eat my words about the first EB "Bruce Lee in Game of Death" figure not having a propper black bracelet. I just checked mine and Axe was right
smiley.gif

Back