Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the 70s MATTEL produced an action figure called BIG JIM,
the figure has the arms covered in rubber, the arm could bend and the bicipes when flexed blowed!!

It was a MASS MARKET TOYS, the pieces that survived even after 30 and more years, don´t show sign of rubber damage.

BigJimO2.jpg

I think is INADMISSIBLE that an HIGH END toy line as HT and or EB still have problem producing a toy that cost 400 bucks that has a rubber that is flexible and at the same time don´t deteriorate.

bj1.jpg

big%2Bjim%2Bberlusca.jpg

Big%20Jim%20Standard%20outbox.jpg

page_2.html

big_jim_zorak_1977_avventura.jpg

In the 70s MATTEL produced an action figure called BIG JIM,
the figure has the arms covered in rubber, the arm could bend and the bicipes when flexed blowed!!

It was a MASS MARKET TOYS, the pieces that survived even after 30 and more years, don´t show sign of rubber damage.

And it looks so realistic too!! :monkey3

I think is INADMISSIBLE that an HIGH END toy line as HT and or EB still have problem producing a toy that cost 400 bucks that has a rubber that is flexible and at the same time don´t deteriorate.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I contacted toys2 (Markham, Ontario, Canada) today for those who buy from them, and Eric told me that he hasn't received any information regarding Rambo from EB yet and he doesn't know if he'll get any in stock....

Just thought I'd let those toys2 customers know!

It's either "I'm not paying $400 for a 1/4 figure that has visible joints!" or "I'm not paying $400 for a 1/4 figure whose rubber will deteriorate!"

Take your pick, but the smart money says the first option is much easier to live with. :)

I contacted toys2 (Markham, Ontario, Canada) today for those who buy from them, and Eric told me that he hasn't received any information regarding Rambo from EB yet and he doesn't know if he'll get any in stock....

Just thought I'd let those toys2 customers know!

The point is that the resellers are refusing to resell enterbay products.
The enterbay price discount policy applied to reseller is ____TY.

A reseller pay almost the same price which consumers are paying on their website.

The point is that the resellers are refusing to resell enterbay products.
The enterbay price discount policy applied to reseller is ____TY.

A reseller pay almost the same price which consumers are paying on their website.

I guess.... my only concern is that since I'm in Canada, customs and Canada Post will whack me on customs charges because of the weight and size of the box if I bought directly from EB...at least with toys2, I only get charged shipping and HST (13% tax).

I guess.... my only concern is that since I'm in Canada, customs and Canada Post will whack me on customs charges because of the weight and size of the box if I bought directly from EB...at least with toys2, I only get charged shipping and HST (13% tax).

Correct and at this point Eric is my only option for this. No Toys2 no Rambo. Simple as that. ____ customs in the ass too. :lecture

Btw thanks for the PM buddy. :)

I hope the Rocky figure is in his street clothes, thats the only way I'd consider it as with the Rocky movies I was more interested in the character's personality than anything else

If Rocky comes with a ring robe then I'm all in.
It can be used to hide the shoulder and elbow joints while still hanging open and showing the torso (with the gloves hiding the wrist joints as well)

I hope the Rocky figure is in his street clothes, thats the only way I'd consider it as with the Rocky movies I was more interested in the character's personality than anything else

Well unless the promo image means nothing, which it could, I believe the first Rocky is from Rocky 3.

Funny, exposed joints is one of the main reasons I am not a big 1/6th collector. Fortunately the 89 Batman and Joker have enough covering them, but my Barney Ross is ridiculously exposed, joint-wise. For such a finely sculpted head, the joints and "chest plate" ruin it for me everytime.

If you don't like exposed joints in general,that's fine really that it's not your thing.But yeah im just surprised that people who probably collect figures with exposed joints allready complain about this one having it.It's nothing new,it was expected so why should it be a surprise?

This figure looks great!!! The joints don't bother me, just the boots, thats really the only thing they missed. Other than that minor issue this looks to be a great rambo figure.

Well unless the promo image means nothing, which it could, I believe the first Rocky is from Rocky 3.

Well they originally used Rambo4 pics to advertise what was eventually shown to be a Rambo3 figure ....so at this stage that Rocky3 pic means nothing IMO :)

If you don't like exposed joints in general,that's fine really that it's not your thing.But yeah im just surprised that people who probably collect figures with exposed joints allready complain about this one having it.It's nothing new,it was expected so why should it be a surprise?

I think people had just decided that being a $400 1/4 figure, Enterbay would figure out a whole new joint system that was a big step up .....and they weren't really thinking that at the end of the day, there is only so much you can do with a plastic joint that is designed to bend (and hold) elbows and shoulders.

Enterbay tend to show a random picture from the movie's franchise, which I really don't like. When they announced this there was pictures of Rambo IV, which is completely different to the look of III.

On another note, if EB are indeed making a figure from every Rocky movie then with a Rocky Balboa figure with the clothing from this figure and the black tee from the T-800 etc should make a good Rambo IV kitbash

snapshot20091018162340.jpg

123dc.jpg

ramboiii.jpg

:monkey1:monkey1 same watch... same time... XD

Um, no they are different watches. The close up watch you posted doesn't have the chronograph set and reset buttons on the side of the watch. The enter bay watch does have the pushers. One of them isn't correct. The other photo I can't tell. Definitely looks like a sub par effort especially for the price.

Correct and at this point Eric is my only option for this. No Toys2 no Rambo. Simple as that. ____ customs in the ass too. :lecture

Btw thanks for the PM buddy. :)

No worries homie, I really hope he does get some in stock...but I'm starting to lean toward just ordering from EB closer towards the end of June...I've never really been hit with customs on figures aside from HST charges so I might just go with that and hope for the best.

Back