Euro 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off, good on you starting this thread! :clap:hi5:

I was deeply disappointed with the Germans today! They are capable of so much more. At least we got 3 points out of it and I guess we can only get better.:pray:

I think the Germans will win the tournament. They're a drilled machine that can play football at the same time.

I really hope so, it's been a while!

Italy played much better than I expected in the first half. Definately doing a good job of closing up the spaniards pass options but they're just amazing at finding a space where there isn't really any - especially Iñesta! :horror

OMG! Whaaat?!? 1-0 Italy
Now that was unexpected. If Italy really win this game then it's the EURO of unexpected surprises!

Edit: now that's more like it 1-1

Enjoyable game but Spain not starting with an out and our striker is strange. They have 6 in midfield. And why isn't Torres starting?

I just love watching Iniesta.His creativity has no limits,he can do just about anything,what a great player.

Enjoyable game but Spain not starting with an out and our striker is strange. They have 6 in midfield. And why isn't Torres starting?

Well in a system like Spain and Barcelona,they depend on good team/passing players.Torres is not a player that fits in Possession play which is why he haven't gotten much time on the National Team.

we'll take the 1 point off Spain, think Italy had the better chances, but gee the Spaniards do look good, reckon they're gonna miss David Villa

That too,but don't forget that he hasn't been the first choice during the last WC and EC either.
Torres isn't a good team player,i never liked him really but that's me.

And keep in mind that There is no 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 formation with Spain,it's more Like 4-6 because each player are always moving and changing positions so Fabregas as the Striker in the Line-up doesn't matter.They have a better chance with the team they started with rather than using Torres.He is a good sub,but that's it.He wasted a huge chance when he put the ball above the goal.Can't remember who came up running on his right but he was free and since Buffon was allready on Torres,that would have been a goal if Torres wouldn't be so selfish like he wants to prove something.

Very happy surprise that Italy/Spain ended in a draw. Would have been sweet though if Spain had lost.

No problem, both teams will advance to the next round.

I will be ABE for this tournament which is Anyone But England :lol

I am English but am sick of all the plastic patriotism that goes on every time there's a major football tournament and apart from that the reality is that any country that still persists with donkeys like Terry and Gerrard and considers Andy Carroll worthy of selection ahead of strikers with better international scoring records deserves to get their arse kicked.

They'll put in a couple of half decent performances, all the fools in the UK media and the yobbish "Ingerland" fans will whip themselves up into a sense of false hope then get promptly brought back down to earth when they fail to win a penalty shoot out or throw away the vital game from a strong position....it's all too predictable.

Major trophies are not won without 4 or 5 world class players forming the spine of a team and the only one England have is suspended for the first 2 group games by which time it'll probably be game over.

donkeys like Terry and Gerrard and considers Andy Carroll worthy of selection

Major trophies are not won without 4 or 5 world class players forming the spine of a team and the only one England have is suspended for the first 2 group games by which time it'll probably be game over.

Three years ago Stevie was world class and England always put Lamps ahead of him. He needs to retire from international football and concentrate on staying fit for Liverpool. As Carroll proved towards to end of the season he can be unplayable; he just needs to get his head together and keep working hard.

Ireland simply overmatched by Croatia today.

Croatia is pretty darn good actually. They were within seconds of the Euro '08 semis before a miracle goal by Turkey and losing in PKs.

Back