Euro 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typical negative response!

Are you serious about coming up against teams that have more about them than France. You are aware that France went into this tournament as the form team? 21 games unbeaten! Ok so I know Spain and Germany are the favourites and are quality teams but England played potentially the 3rd best team tonight and did themselves proud.

I get tired of the negativity all the time!

:exactly:

I absolutely hate the English media and how they big up the England team and then turn on them when they dont do well, but it doesn't stop me from supporting my country.

Most realistic England fans know we're far from favourites going into this tournament but we just want to see the team go as far as possible and give their all.

:exactly:

I absolutely hate the English media and how they big up the England team and then turn on them when they dont do well, but it doesn't stop me from supporting my country.

Most realistic England fans know we're far from favourites going into this tournament but we just want to see the team go as far as possible and give their all.

Absolutely.

Media and public alike. I know we are far from a world class team but tonight they did well. Roy Hodgson having only taken the post on 6 weeks ago has got them well organised and disciplined. Would I like them to be more exciting? Yes of course I would but right now it is about working with what we have. I think the goal scoring chances and excitement in our play may come when Rooney rejoins them for the Ukraine.

Shevchenko's goals were amazing! Ukraine might not be the gimme I thought they would be.

Typical negative response!

Are you serious about coming up against teams that have more about them than France. You are aware that France went into this tournament as the form team? 21 games unbeaten! Ok so I know Spain and Germany are the favourites and are quality teams but England played potentially the 3rd best team tonight and did themselves proud.

I get tired of the negativity all the time!

Pre-tournament form means nothing in the actual tournament.

On tonight's showing France looked barely more capable than England.

England will probably get through the group and then it's game over.

Pre-tournament form means nothing in the actual tournament.

On tonight's showing France looked barely more capable than England.

England will probably get through the group and then it's game over.

Of course it helps. Confidence is key in football.

I think England will only gain in confidence now. The nervousness that was there tonight will disappear I am sure. The younger more inexperienced players will grow after tonight's performance. I think England will be tough to beat I really do.

England got a good result tonight. France are a very very good team & to say there not is being ignorant. There players are spread around the best leagues in the world & going 21, now 22 games unbeaten in international football is an impressive record. I'm glad England got France 1st because everyone fears losing the 1st game. The tournament doesn't really get going till the 2nd round of games when teams go out needing to win.

England and their supporters should be happy with this result.

Lets face it, they were outplayed 70% of the time by France. I'm being generous, Espn had it at 80%.

With this draw, England at least gives themselves a chance to move on.

Of course it helps. Confidence is key in football.

It didn't help Ireland. I didn't follow all the pretournament games but apparently we had a good unbeaten run and a lot of cleansheets. Plus I think I read that we had a good record against Croatia. Alas they still soundly beat us 3-1.

Having said that Ireland is mostly championship players so the result didn't entirely surprise either.

A minor upset and great win by the Ukraine!

The old timer, 35 year-old Andriy Shevchenko still has the magic touch.

A performance remembered for years to come in Kiev. :lecture

His winning header as well. How did he get that in? Goal behind him, tight angle, player on the line. It was perfect :clap

Anything can happen in football
Greece-Euro2004.jpg

I believe in you England! Show all these doubters what you can do! Ok i can't keep this up anymore. We have no chance :lol

I think we'll get out of the group though and i'm enjoying the tournament so far.

29.jpg

They can't even do a photo properly. Only 10 men, so where is the other player?

HERE! :lol
600.gif

Back