Euro 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be ABE for this tournament which is Anyone But England :lol

I am English but am sick of all the plastic patriotism that goes on every time there's a major football tournament and apart from that the reality is that any country that still persists with donkeys like Terry and Gerrard and considers Andy Carroll worthy of selection ahead of strikers with better international scoring records deserves to get their arse kicked.

They'll put in a couple of half decent performances, all the fools in the UK media and the yobbish "Ingerland" fans will whip themselves up into a sense of false hope then get promptly brought back down to earth when they fail to win a penalty shoot out or throw away the vital game from a strong position....it's all too predictable.

Major trophies are not won without 4 or 5 world class players forming the spine of a team and the only one England have is suspended for the first 2 group games by which time it'll probably be game over.

:exactly: :goodpost: Well stated.

That being said, a delicious matchup tomorrow between England and France. :yess:

Ireland simply overmatched by Croatia today.

Yyyep. Thats it for us I'd say. Unless we can somehow pull off at least 1 of the biggest upsets in the tournament and have some luck in other results. Doesn't seem very likely at all. Disappointing because we've gotten out of our group in I think the last 3 tournaments we qualified for. We were really unlucky with the teams we were drawn with this time.

Yyyep. Thats it for us I'd say. Unless we can somehow pull off at least 1 of the biggest upsets in the tournament and have some luck in other results. Doesn't seem very likely at all. Disappointing because we've gotten out of our group in I think the last 3 tournaments we qualified for. We were really unlucky with the teams we were drawn with this time.

You couldn't of been drawn in a worse group. Your got the the past two world cup winning country's in your group + Croatia who you know all about but I wouldn't wright your selfs of just yet, after all this is football & wierd things happen.
England's turn very soon, I can't see us beating France at all. The team Hodgson is apparently putting out is very negative & if we go a goal down which is very likely at some point, I can't see them being able to respond. I'm still gutted the FA chose Hodgson over Redknapp.

Go Germany :mexwave... and by the way, although I am against England as usual, I dont think you can write them off... this time the press on them has been more vitriolic and dismissive... if they end up doing a Chelsea, I will be disappointed...

You couldn't of been drawn in a worse group. Your got the the past two world cup winning country's in your group + Croatia who you know all about but I wouldn't wright your selfs of just yet, after all this is football & wierd things happen.
England's turn very soon, I can't see us beating France at all. The team Hodgson is apparently putting out is very negative & if we go a goal down which is very likely at some point, I can't see them being able to respond. I'm still gutted the FA chose Hodgson over Redknapp.

Cheers. Well for fans I hope England does well. Its only the english punditry and magazines like Zoo and Nuts hyping things up that bothers me. Its always 'Can we win it?' when it should more realistically be 'Can we do better than last time?'

In Ireland its the reverse, the pundits are great, no bull$h!t - but the fans, the way they celebrate and brag about past successes against England is pathetic. Its pretty much the same as England still going on about 1966.

I suppose we'll see what Hodgson can do but like everyone else I thought Redknapp was a dead cert to get the job and he sounded a good fit.

So is Milner known to play drunk or how in the hell could he miss THAT CHANCE???

Having to train with alleged strikers like Andy Carroll inevitably has an effect on the entire squad :lol

1-1 at half time is about par for the course....we'll see if Ingerland follow the usual script in the second!

Predicable outcome...

Yep. The English media will continue to talk up their chances but with nobodies like Milner & Parker and never has beens like Gerrard and Terry in the team they'll come unstuck when they play someone with a bit more about them than France had today.

OK, Gerrard set the goal up but that was from a set piece and he did _____k all else in the match just like his entire international career.

As a captain he is supposed to lead by example but he always sounds like a zombie in interviews and plays like one for the most part.

Most of the so called "top" English players are overhyped to the nth degree but "Stevie G" is the worst of the lot....he'd be lucky to make the bench at a top club.

On the bright side I thought Oxlade-Chamberlain did well and Danny Welbeck worked hard despite having no support up front for the majority of the game.

It's players like that who can offer something for the future so giving them experience now can only help the team in the long term....it's a pity that more of their generation aren't included at the expense of the older players who are barely hanging onto their spot.

I thought we played really well. I was very impressed with the way we bossed the first half and equally impressed with how disciplined we were in the final quarter of the game. All in all that is a great result for England :yess:

Yep. The English media will continue to talk up their chances but with nobodies like Milner & Parker and never has beens like Gerrard and Terry in the team they'll come unstuck when they play someone with a bit more about them than France had today.

OK, Gerrard set the goal up but that was from a set piece and he did _____k all else in the match just like his entire international career.

As a captain he is supposed to lead by example but he always sounds like a zombie in interviews and plays like one for the most part.

Most of the so called "top" English players are overhyped to the nth degree but "Stevie G" is the worst of the lot....he'd be lucky to make the bench at a top club.

On the bright side I thought Oxlade-Chamberlain did well and Danny Welbeck worked hard despite having no support up front for the majority of the game.

It's players like that who can offer something for the future so giving them experience now can only help the team in the long term....it's a pity that more of their generation aren't included at the expense of the older players who are barely hanging onto their spot.

Typical negative response!

Are you serious about coming up against teams that have more about them than France. You are aware that France went into this tournament as the form team? 21 games unbeaten! Ok so I know Spain and Germany are the favourites and are quality teams but England played potentially the 3rd best team tonight and did themselves proud.

I get tired of the negativity all the time!

portugal actually played real well, great defense but they just lacked on the attack methings. close call with pepe.

looking forward to seeing croatia playing again, poor irishes got whooped

Back