Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm planning on ordering one of these. Any new opinions or a preferred place to order them? I see the best price at 1-Up.
I think that the oxygen tank and the front panel seem a little off colorwise and the cloves doesn't seem to connect to the suit as they do in the movie. Are there any clue that these things are something that will change en the final product?

Email Update From Executive Replicas:

We would like to update you regarding your order. Your order is expected by the end of 2015. We are working on the final stages of production.

Thank you for your order and please contact us if you have any questions

I'm planning on ordering one of these. Any new opinions or a preferred place to order them? I see the best price at 1-Up.
I think that the oxygen tank and the front panel seem a little off colorwise and the cloves doesn't seem to connect to the suit as they do in the movie. Are there any clue that these things are something that will change en the final product?

I recommend here:https://www.gohero.com/

I got an email a week or so ago just saying things were progressing. So it's all fine with me. These are goi to be fantastic figures.

I would assume these are updated... as the paint work on the Bowman headsculpt doesn't look quite as nice and the suits now seem to be a dull fabric. Maybe it's lighting, but if that's the final material I'm glad I passed.

The stands are super cool though, not sure if they are just for display.

154804m8cp4z47wd1yx8x6.jpg

Hmmm.

I sure hope that fabric is a lighting issue and not a change from the nice, shiny materials seen in previous pics.

Man. That'd be a real bummer if it's not.

It's a little hard to tell on the Red and Yellow suits... but very apparent that it's a different material on the blue.

I just went back to the Executive Replicas site to try and see source pics and there seems to be no 2001 content on there at all.

Uh, what's up with that???

I found their original pics elsewhere and the fabric looks much richer and nicer. Kind of a pebbled leathery finish to it. I'm now a bit concerned as I purchased these (an ABSOLUTE grail for me) direct from the Executive Replica site.

12001B.jpg

12001F.jpg

12001G.jpg

d1ec0e_1a61df7b9cb04a44aaf9ea353d9e1fce.jpg

I imagine a new fabric might be easier to work with and pose, but it just looks cheap compared to the prototype. At $380, no corners should be cut.

2001 logo is now featured- they must have gotten an official licence! Notice Kubrick's name featured so it might be through his Estate as well. They look incredible- the suit material is different looking...

2001 logo is now featured- they must have gotten an official licence! Notice Kubrick's name featured so it might be through his Estate as well. They look incredible- the suit material is different looking...

That's interesting... that might explain why they were pulled from the main site, but are still up for order elsewhere.

Is it usually the case (legal reasons?) for a "pending approval" to be shown even if the figures are in the "final stages of production" - ?

Is it usually the case (legal reasons?) for a "pending approval" to be shown even if the figures are in the "final stages of production" - ?

I have little doubt these won't come out till next year anyhow...

Back