Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IIRC, the figures were solicited for pre-order with NRDs through Executive Replicas and Go Hero.

If I'm not mistaken, one of the suits was an exclusive through Executive Replicas.

My guess is that Executive Replicas don't have enough funding to warrant a production run of the suits even with supposed pre-orders/NRDs that they and Go Hero may have collected (if any).

The high price point likely turned most collectors off.

As for the official licensing aspect with them using 2001, etc. I don't know. The brand/IP/etc. is owned by MGM and they have an official licensing department that handles such things.

I have doubts about the authencity of the licensing if any.

I know there are some collectors who truly want to see the sets produced and offered, but my take it is simply wait. If it's produced and sold and it's worthwhile, then great.

If not, then OH, WELL.

Saw all of these at NYCC and they are indeed branded 2001. They are looking better than the prototypes and much more detailed and professional looking than the unlicensed ones we've seen in the past. The head sculpts are much better too. I'm thinking i'll get all of them now.

Saw all of these at NYCC and they are indeed branded 2001. They are looking better than the prototypes and much more detailed and professional looking than the unlicensed ones we've seen in the past. The head sculpts are much better too. I'm thinking i'll get all of them now.

By chance did they have the 1/6th 2001 Space Pod on display as well?

Sean

...I'm so close to clicking 'buy' on one of these, but they are just so expensive! ...probably the one and only chance to get a figure from 2001 though.

Love the outfits, confused by the headsculpts. Oh, and the small thing of price. Which, obviously, isn't small.

Man, I'm torn. Love 2001.

Now that they have the 2001 license they say they are also doing full scale 1:1 suits. I'd love to have a 1:1 helmet. But considering what they are charging for a 1/6 scale figure it will probably be $5,000 or something for the helmet alone (only partly sarcasm).

admin edit - but I'm displeased with the headsculpts.

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope these get out within the next couple months- been waiting and waiting:impatient: 1/6 Space Pod PLEASE!

k2.jpg
k1.jpg

Great pics. They should have had them sign the COAs or bases for the prices they are charging for these. That really would have been a nice little bonus. And how much more would it have cost?

Back