EXO-6 Star Trek “Deep Space Nine” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1692253989987.png

Interesting that he now says the choice of uniform was because the later ones would have been too difficult and costly to produce? And not because Visitor requested it? Not sure what to make of that.

He said this is a pattern test (the one in the center is the old one). Once he's decided on the new pattern, the fabric will be dyed the color in the middle and printed.
None of his facebook followers have been complaining about the face. It will probably look better under better lighting conditions than whatever the hell he was doing when he photographed the figure, but I doubt he'll make any structural changes. We can get under his skin, but it doesn't seem like he'll change anything last-minute unless "friends" complain, too.
View attachment 656626
OMG, I could not be more thrilled with this development! that new material with the lighter color and muted pattern is pretty close to perfect in my "Expert" view!

I guess I'll never understand NT. A revised take on her uniform is all any of us ever wanted, and instead of just saying "we'll look into it" or, "we understand the sentiment, but the adjustment you mention is just not workable with our production constraints" we get months and months of vitriolic attacks for DARING to question anything about the products we want to buy... And then behind the scenes he makes the exact adjustment we were calling out and hoping for.

But, you know what? If these are the results, maybe its ME who needs to take things less personally. NT is a creative genius who is driven to deliver the stuff we most want. Maybe, just maybe, the fact that he doesn't comport himself in a way I would prefer or expect is part of what makes him who he is, and I'm the one who needs to get over it and allow his process to work.

Now, by no means does that mean holding back our opinions on what is good, what is great, and what needs work by even a fraction of the energy we use to do this now, but maybe just trust that the message is received and then brush off the inevitable "How dare you!"s as just in keeping with the style that makes his process work.

At any rate, this looks amazing, and I hope this makes it onto our Kira figures!

OMG, I could not be more thrilled with this development! that new material with the lighter color and muted pattern is pretty close to perfect in my "Expert" view!

I guess I'll never understand NT. A revised take on her uniform is all any of us ever wanted, and instead of just saying "we'll look into it" or, "we understand the sentiment, but the adjustment you mention is just not workable with our production constraints" we get months and months of vitriolic attacks for DARING to question anything about the products we want to buy... And then behind the scenes he makes the exact adjustment we were calling out and hoping for.

But, you know what? If these are the results, maybe its ME who needs to take things less personally. NT is a creative genius who is driven to deliver the stuff we most want. Maybe, just maybe, the fact that he doesn't comport himself in a way I would prefer or expect is part of what makes him who he is, and I'm the one who needs to get over it and allow his process to work.

Now, by no means does that mean holding back our opinions on what is good, what is great, and what needs work by even a fraction of the energy we use to do this now, but maybe just trust that the message is received and then brush off the inevitable "How dare you!"s as just in keeping with the style that makes his process work.

At any rate, this looks amazing, and I hope this makes it onto our Kira figures!

goofed on my above post and couldn't delete....

I had resisted ordering Kira during the open PO period because of the sleeve pattern. It was just too glaring! Seeing the improvements in pre-production, which I didn't expect, I decided to try and get a pre-order in as Kira is the First Officer and an important, favorite character. I did manage to put in with BBTS now that the EX)-6 direct order is closed.

This development is so welcome! Thanks all who have posted updates!

Yeah I'd say it's worth all his mockery and ridicule if it actually results in a better figure in the end.

The new more-to-scale crosshatch pattern is definitely better. That shot of the figure really shows an improvement of the head sculpt. Is it just lighting? Not sure.

On Facebook as always.
Yes, I assumed that, but where on facebook?

Edit: NVM. I see it in the comments under the post with the new patterns. Weird. I talked to Nana at Galaxy Con in March. She made it pretty clear that she prefers the way Kira looked in the early seasons and chose that for her figure.

Last edited:
Yes, I assumed that, but where on facebook?

Edit: NVM. I see it in the comments under the post with the new patterns. Weird. I talked to Nana at Galaxy Con in March. She made it pretty clear that she prefers the way Kira looked in the early seasons and chose that for her figure.
I don’t know…I can understand approving the head sculpt, but if Terry Farrell had wanted to be in the TNG style uniform from the DS9 pilot I doubt that would have been accommodated. My guess is that EXO-6 made Kira’s uniform selection…if they allowed the actors to dictate that, the figure line could be all over the place…maybe George Takei would have insisted on Mirror Sulu wearing a gold shirt.

I don’t know…I can understand approving the head sculpt, but if Terry Farrell had wanted to be in the TNG style uniform from the DS9 pilot I doubt that would have been accommodated. My guess is that EXO-6 made Kira’s uniform selection…if they allowed the actors to dictate that, the figure line could be all over the place…maybe George Takei would have insisted on Mirror Sulu wearing a gold shirt.
I can't find it atm, but Nanjin has previously stated that the choice for Kira's short hairstyle was dictated by Nana Vistior (similar to how Scott Bakula refused to approve his likeness unless the Archer head sculpt had the Enterprise seasons 3-4 hairstyle), and she corroborated that when I spoke to her. I chatted with Nana about the figure's development and why she prefers Kira's look from the early seasons to the later seasons. The hair style, in Kira's case, generally determines what uniform she wears, and season 1 short hair with a season 6-7 uniform would make no damn sense.

Last edited:
The hair style, in Kira's case, generally determines what uniform she wears, and season 1 short hair with a season 6-7 uniform would make no damn sense.
And yet here we are, with Kira having a season five haircut, a season 1-3* uniform, and season 4-7** boots. I know I've brought it up too often at this point, but I agree...it makes no damn sense. :)

*And Way of the Warrior.
**Post Way of the Warrior

And yet here we are, with Kira having a season five haircut, a season 1-3* uniform, and season 4-7** boots. I know I've brought it up too often at this point, but I agree...it makes no damn sense. :)

*And Way of the Warrior.

And season 8 earring* (theoretically speaking) :)

*Way of the jeweller

*And Way of the Warrior.
It's a season one haircut. I traced it exactly, with screenshots, to scenes from "Move Along Home."
You're right about the boots being from season 4, though.

The more I think about it, the more I think that it’s essential that we get a Gul Dukat figure out of EXO. As I re-explore DS9 all the way through it’s seven seasons (currently on S6E14) Dukat is a character without which our DS9 collections will seem incomplete.

Such a multifaceted well written character from whom you’re never quite sure what you’re going to get. Who would have ever thought that the quintessential villain of the Bajoran occupation would be a character that
I’d literally weep with at the loss of his daughter

From evil devil to an almost trusted partner and back again. WE REALLY NEED DUKAT!

IMG_4038.jpeg

Last edited:
Back