EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think she's okay. Hoping for improvements like they did with Geordie. I think the face is too round or something. She's a bit more horse faced (not using this as an insult).
The figure almost looks too young. Not quite angular enough. The make-up a bit lacking (though honestly I never liked the characters over use of red cheek makeup!).

She will look good with everyone else.
Yeah I think they might have downplayed her angular features and made her look younger so she didn't end up looking too masculine. Which could have easily happened with this.

Yeah I think they might have downplayed her angular features and made her look younger so she didn't end up looking too masculine. Which could have easily happened with this.
Yeah, I personally think that's a mistake—she looks at least 10-15 years younger than she should. And someone rightfully noted that her head needed to be narrower and/or longer. I think these issues are fairly obvious so hopefully there'll be some improvement by the time of production.

Attachments

• dr-beverly-crusher-the-next-generation-v0-oa33amzut39c1.jpeg copy.jpg
    dr-beverly-crusher-the-next-generation-v0-oa33amzut39c1.jpeg copy.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 0
Yeah, I personally think that's a mistake—she looks at least 10-15 years younger than she should. And someone rightfully noted that her head needed to be narrower and/or longer. I think these issues are fairly obvious so hopefully there'll be some improvement by the time of production.
I believe a significant part of that issue is that for many of the promo photos they chose to have her looking slightly upward. That angle effectively squashes her features a bit and makes her head look much less angular than it should. But if you look at many of the shots of the prototype from the Vegas show, most of those photos were shot from above, and there you can see that her face has the proper shape.

I honestly don't know who is in charge of both the photography itself and also the photos that are chosen by EXO-6 as the ones to be featured on their site, but SO OFTEN those pictures do very little if anything to highlight and show the figures in their best light. I realize that many of those promo shots are of earlier prototypes that were the only figures available at the time the promo photos needed to be used for marketing, but even so, that fault is at least as much an issue of the photography itself. This needs to change, EXO...

I believe a significant part of that issue is that for many of the promo photos they chose to have her looking slightly upward. That angle effectively squashes her features a bit and makes her head look much less angular than it should. But if you look at many of the shots of the prototype from the Vegas show, most of those photos were shot from above, and there you can see that her face has the proper shape.

I honestly don't know who is in charge of both the photography itself and also the photos that are chosen by EXO-6 as the ones to be featured on their site, but SO OFTEN those pictures do very little if anything to highlight and show the figures in their best light. I realize that many of those promo shots are of earlier prototypes that were the only figures available at the time the promo photos needed to be used for marketing, but even so, that fault is at least as much an issue of the photography itself. This needs to change, EXO...
QuiGonFishing for President!!!!! Of the EXO-6 photography department, of course ;)

That may be partly the case, but I don't buy it entirely.

Attachments

Yikes, I think Bev was only in her thirties. She had Wesley when she was young. I guess this is based on season 4 hair? It's hard to tell. They gave her a different wig every week.

She’s looking up there too…

Here’s hoping that the figure they shot for those promo photos was an earlier prototype than they showed in Vegas.

IMG9248.jpeg
I don't mean to belabor this, and the production model may be better, but there is something about the likeness on this that just isn't there. It just looks like a different person. No matter how hard I try, I don't see Dr. Crusher in her. I'm not sure if it has to do with the eyes, the hair... or all the features, really.

Attachments

• Crusher.jpg
    Crusher.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I don't mean to belabor this, and the production model may be better, but there is something about the likeness on this that just isn't there. It just looks like a different person. No matter how hard I try, I don't see Dr. Crusher in her. I'm not sure if it has to do with the eyes, the hair... or all the features, really.
That's fair. I don't think anyone is suggesting that it's perfect. And in many ways recognition of likeness is subjective, so if some people see it and some don't, no one is wrong.

I do think, however, that if the production figure is reasonably close to the proto they showed in Vegas, there will be no doubt who this is in the Trek display/collection. But she is essential in my book to be represented in the collection, so I happily preordered.

That's fair. I don't think anyone is suggesting that it's perfect. And in many ways recognition of likeness is subjective, so if some people see it and some don't, no one is wrong.

I do think, however, that if the production figure is reasonably close to the proto they showed in Vegas, there will be no doubt who this is in the Trek display/collection. But she is essential in my book to be represented in the collection, so I happily preordered.
This is where I am at as well, that STLV reveal shot looked great and we definitively know who it is.

As others have pointed out, I do agree that her face does have more of a season 1 vibe to it but either way if the end product looks like STLV it’s a winner (especially when you look at the bigger picture and compare against the female figures from VOY).

Gates McFadden (as Crusher) was always what you'd call a "handsome" woman. A super sexy MILF, your best friend's mom, or the hot neighbour next door, but I wouldn't want the task of sculpting her and erring on the side of her chiseled masculine qualities over her feminine ones. This is a tricky one!

I think the sculpt misses it, but I'd be fearful of seeing how a more accurate later-season sculpt would capture her distinct look. Sorry to say, but a lot of collectors would be complaining how it looks like a man with make-up. So it seems they chose to play it safe with a younger, softer, feminine neutral look.

Sculpting is a fine art and sometimes you want to capture the essence, spirit and recognizable likeness of the character/actor, more so than the accuracy of detail. In this case I think they missed it and I just don't see her in the sculpt. The previous con pics looked much better, I saw the likeness there, so I trust that the final product will be closer to a recognizable Dr Crusher.

Back