EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was disappointed by the rooted hair, mostly because of the poor quality of it. This isn't the natural fibre wool kind of hair we're seeing on artisan figures today, but something like the thin polyester strands we saw on dolls and other 1:6 figures in the past. At least that's what it feels like and how it behaves. The hair is easily messed up and left with flyaway strands. I can imagine it fraying and puffing out over time, like most synthetic fibre doll hair did. I already have a few strands out of place that won't go back to their position. Static really seems to adversely affect this fibre. I'm just hoping it holds up over the years, but do think sculpted hair would have worked fine. Maybe sculpting a bob haircut style isn't EXO-6 strength, and if they tried it would have turned into a helmet head, sort of like their Janeway figure.

If you use some hair product that will keep hold the shape of the hair and control those stubborn strands.

I do think if the hair had been entirely sculpted it wouldn't have made the sculpted eyebrows and goatee stand out so much, but it also would have severely restricted head movement, so I can understand why they didn't go that way.

Thankfully the rooted doll hair at least has the right shape to it, and isn't straight and overly stiff.

Back